Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Starship Sabotage, Fuel Canister Wrong Side

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Ever since the Corpus rework or so

a point has been bothering me with the Starship Sabotage mission

now, the fuel canister falls out the port in one side of the Reactor, but you Re-insert it on the Opposite side.

(previously it used to just go back into the same slot)

Can we get this fixed?

we don't even clean the canister before switching ports.

Its seriously unhygenic, we're risking UTI, yeast infection, etc

Just because you saw someone do it in a video doesn't mean it's safe

18 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

we don't even clean the canister before switching ports.

Its seriously unhygenic, we're risking UTI, yeast infection, etc

Just because you saw someone do it in a video doesn't mean it's safe

I was about to write a serious response to this thread...

While I'm not sure the Corpus ships are even biological in origin to be suffering from an unhygienic effect -- let alone UTI, or even Yeast Infection -- I agree that there's something definitely not at all right about there being a second port intentionally built into a reactor where it would be allowed to set into an overload status just because the coolant canisters have been removed from the respective ports.  

However, I am willing to give it a free pass if DE has been so gracious as to remove the fact that the second coolant cell has entirely been removed from the mission in order to speed the entire mission sequence.  Because as you -- the OP -- should remember; we had to remove 2 coolant canisters in the old tile set instead of just one in order to set the reactor into overload.

I am rather surprised however that the third option for sabotage -- putting the fuel canister into the coolant port -- specifically warns that there will be magnetic anomalies present on the ship, and all we're left with is simply no lights.  In fact, the time we do see the magnetic anomalies is only during the time we put the reactors into overload (AKA first and most common option).  While I understand the logic because the first option is the only one that has a timer set to leaving the ship -- the dialog trigger about magnetic anomalies doesn't seem to set the right mood at all for one of the most casual -- let alone challenging -- method of sabotage and extraction. 

If anything, the third option seems to be more like a neutron bomb as there's no life at all once the lights have gone out.

I suggest sterilizing the containers via radiation from Oberon, or incineration with Ember, Nezha or Gauss. Alternatively, the old-fashioned Undertow  is still…acceptable for a wash. Just be sure to use a soap (you’ll see mist foam up above the puddle.) 

this is in no way suggesting that you should share canisters, btw, but saying that if you absolutely must, this is how you do it safely.

Archived