Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about we buff kuva gains from kuva-related missions?

deothor

DE decided to rework Steel path essences because players found a way to skip awful kuva farming.

So maybe it's about time to admit that getting 3.5k kuva without boosters per 24 minutes in kuva survival is just plain bad? And OK, we can get boosters and smeeta, but we are still talking about 26~30k~kuva per 90 minutes. It's still awful quantity for time played. 

What if kuva scaled with level, or time, or dropped from mobs (eximuses or special units like kuva carriers)? Or what if kuva air-supply spawned much faster and allowed for multiple to be activated? Give players incentives and options to go faster if they can handle it. Don't just slap them from figuring a way of getting faster on their own.

Or maybe change reroll prices? Maybe add some form of a feature, which makes riven untradeable, but reduces kuva reroll prices significantly?

To be frank, I'd be happy if they just lifted the cap on Kuva Floods. If we could run all the Kuva Siphons as Kuva Floods, that would be nice.

I've still been playing Kuva Floods throughout this whole Steel Essence farm mainly because they are fun. They're always populated with players and I like the enemies being level ~100.

It would give those of us a different option that don't want to run Kuva Survival or Disruption. (Kuva Disruption would be much betfer if Kuva rates were comparable to Survival)

What reason would a gambling system give more to allow players to gamble less? 

You want the G-roll Rivens (cuz that is all Kuva is used for), put in the time and get what you get. Already can use boosters, kavat luck, and missions based around it that just give it out.

People do not understand how gambling works, it seems. 

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

You decided that current kuva farm is fine because it's gambling and therefore I don't understand how gambling works, because I disagree I have to work my butt off for several hours to have a chance for few rolls.

I simply do not agree that time and effort required to farm kuva is proportional to the reward: espensive gambling with sliver of a chance of a godroll. Heck, Idgaf about godrolls, but it still is required to get competent riven roll even after 30 tries sometimes. I'm not even bothering on selling rivens. I just try to make those few guns i like usable or better.

I do not want to spend all my time farming kuva. It's boring. It's repetitive. It's both easy and unrewarding.

People do not understand how logic works, it seems.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

What reason would a gambling system give more to allow players to gamble less? 

You want the G-roll Rivens (cuz that is all Kuva is used for), put in the time and get what you get. Already can use boosters, kavat luck, and missions based around it that just give it out.

What kind of twisted logic is this? “Silly entitled gamers don’t even like being exploited through gambling in video games these days.”

Like are you ok? Who hurt you?

16 minutes ago, (PSN)sister-hawk said:

What kind of twisted logic is this? “Silly entitled gamers don’t even like being exploited through gambling in video games these days.”

Like are you ok? Who hurt you?

You're not being exploited though? This is a free farm you can run on your own time, and there's plenty of ways to farm Kuva en masse through multiple gamemodes. Kuva farming and lootboxes are completely different things that just share a similar framework.

Shin saying you're overreacting when the entire system is meant to take time and effort to justify how powerful Rivens are makes sense. If you want more Kuva, you have boosters, lootframes and Kavats. Increasing Kuva gains is not necessary when it only takes 3500 to roll one at the highest cost.

26-30k Kuva for 90 minutes is pretty good. That's eight rolls, and you'd be getting more with the Steel Essence farm in that, probably looking at 15 or more. I'm not seeing how this is bad.

It interests me that whenever the Steel Essence rates come up, it has nothing to do with the rewards exclusive or semi-exclusive to it, like Stance Forma, special cosmetics, or the soon-to-be Umbral Forma, but rather Kuva.

Perhaps they should remove Kuva from the Steel Path shop? I mean, we're getting Umbral Forma, that's a far more potent reward at the end of the day.

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It interests me that whenever the Steel Essence rates come up, it has nothing to do with the rewards exclusive or semi-exclusive to it, like Stance Forma, special cosmetics, or the soon-to-be Umbral Forma, but rather Kuva.

Perhaps they should remove Kuva from the Steel Path shop? I mean, we're getting Umbral Forma, that's a far more potent reward at the end of the day.

Well, quite frankly most players don't really care about most of those items outside of Umbra Forma. Stance Forma is rather useless and so are cosmetics, so that's not surprising. All of those are pretty much "one and done" things, excluding Umbra Forma again, so that gives further value to Kuva as the always required item. People might care about the Relic Pack I suppose if Relics weren't dropped like candy and their price in the shop was less egregious.

Why wouldn't most players only be  discussing Kuva from it?

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Well, quite frankly most players don't really care about most of those items outside of Umbra Forma. Stance Forma is rather useless and so are cosmetics, so that's not surprising. All of those are pretty much "one and done" things, excluding Umbra Forma again, so that gives further value to Kuva as the always required item. People might care about the Relic Pack I suppose if Relics weren't dropped like candy and their price in the shop was less egregious.

Why wouldn't most players only be  discussing Kuva from it?

I wouldn't care if people didn't get so angry about the whole thing. People are genuinely attacking others over virtual tokens which are mathematically the fastest ways to get other virtual tokens, with slurs and insults.

It's honestly depressing.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Instead of just keep digging this kuva hole can’t we just fix the cause of this problem? Fixing Riven Mods ridiculous multi layer RNG?

careful now, talk like that is what gets you a one way trip out of an airlock by the Riven Mafia..

it's funny how things work out: when I first saw the Steel Path shop I thought "who in their right mind will waste Essence on Kuva, unless they get everything else first?" this was before the mad Khora Farming started showing up and it became apparent just how much Steel Essence one can acquire, and I admittedly didn't account for some people's farming tendencies lol.

the thing with Kuva is that it's value is intrinsically linked to the owner's own idea of what value Rivens hold. to people who crave the "god-rolls" Kuva is their lifeblood, but to me, I have enough of it and I think there are plenty ways to get it, but there aren't enough -and likely never will be enough - ways to get it to satisfy the needs of a true Kuva/Riven Addict. they could put it in just about every mission type, like what's happened over the years with relics, but to me that takes away it's luster as this mysterious substance coveted by the Orokin, and makes it feel more like just an in-game currency. and to some people, that's really all it is.

lastly, one way they could make it so that you aren't having to run Siphons and Taveuni for hours on end would be to allow a free roll in exchange for Riven Slivers. more people would do Requiem relics and Steel Path, and if necessary, you could have one free roll a day to limit people (or base it around MR, another reason to rank up). some people won't admit it, but they may have a serious problem...

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

9 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

careful now, talk like that is what gets you a one way trip out of an airlock by the Riven Mafia..

The Riven Mafia are the scoundrel of this community. Ripping off innocent new players with their good roll riven trickeries. Good roll meta riven? Yeah 6 months later it will be obselete.

I don’t think tuning down the randomness of Riven Mods would crash the market. If anything, it will be inline with many powerful rare items like Platinum Arcanes. We will still see 1k plat or more riven mods, but no more ridiculous 10k plat rivens. 

Getting specific weapon rivens are getting more and more difficult as new weapons getting released. There should be a way to get a specific weapon riven in a reasonable amount of time. Stats can be random, but weapons should not or less ridiculous.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

the thing with Kuva is that it's value is intrinsically linked to the owner's own idea of what value Rivens hold. to people who crave the "god-rolls" Kuva is their lifeblood, but to me, I have enough of it and I think there are plenty ways to get it,

I disagree with 2 things here.

1. Even if you seek for just 'competent' rivens you still need to spend quite a bit of kuva. My first decent (not a godroll) for Kohm was at around 40th roll. All earlier ones were a waste of mod slot. Obviously I hoped for a godroll, but the moment I got just anything decent I stopped. Also said riven is the very worst possible for Kuva Kohm as it effectively removes crit chance.

The point is: Rivens are mega RNG. If you are lucky, or have only 1-2 rvens you like, or ignore rivens alltogetehr then you can make do with just 10k kuva. if you like to experiment, have plenty of different guns you wanna try, or your luck is downright terrible you need a whole infinite well of it.

2. Plenty ways to get it. Are you also counting 100 kuva from larvas, 50 kuva from kuva disruptors, 300 kuva from liches, or RNG chance to get kuva from obscure bounty noone does anymore as legit and proper ways to obtain kuva? Because just because we have plenty ways of obtaining kuva doesn't mean any of them are good. 12/24 minutes per 3.5k kuva is nowhere near fair for time/effort player has to spend on it. Especially with how RNG rivens are. Other than that we have kuva siphons which give less for time invested. Kuva flood is the only worthwhile thing, but you are limited to 1/hour.

Back when Rivens and Kuva were new DE made decision to hold their ground and never give up even an inch. Kuva gains were normalized and set in stone. Kuva costs aswell. The problem is: those costs are ridiculously bad. Back then you couldn't get such thread to exist because DE apologists and defenders would eat you alive. They'd always ridicule and strawman the living sh out of your thread untill mod would close it. Now you can. Looks like those guys that would report you for even making a thread with critique of WF (I had such cases) got bored with the game, so yea..

Anyways. Steel Path for a short while allowed us to skip bad kuva farm design and DE is panic-patching it ASAP, rather than fix the issue which is Riven reroll costs and Kuva gains.

19 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Yikes! Have I been sleeping under a rock again? When was that thing mentioned?

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yep, caught up on it in a post from you in another thread aswell. Thanks for the clarification here aswell though!

Something to definently look forward to.

Yeah. Rates honestly nowhere near as bad as people make it out. Just doing the alerts is 15 guaranteed essence (3 per alert), beating the Acolytes (who I believe are guaranteed to spawn with enough kills) is a guaranteed 2 more (boosting rates up to 25), and that's affected by boosters. Umbral Forma costs 100 essence, meaning that with just the alerts you're looking at 6 days per Forma at most, 3 at least, plus you can grind out regular missions for the essence too. Big investment, but a strong reward. Fair in my book.

Only people really desperate for more Kuva have to be traders looking for G-rolls. If you're just playing the game normally, it usually takes no more than 10-20 rolls for something that can replace a regular mod. And even then, it's mainly just for pretty numbers because most enemies can be deleted just as fast without Rivens.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Yeah. Rates honestly nowhere near as bad as people make it out. Just doing the alerts is 15 guaranteed essence (3 per alert), beating the Acolytes (who I believe are guaranteed to spawn with enough kills) is a guaranteed 2 more (boosting rates up to 25), and that's affected by boosters. Umbral Forma costs 100 essence, meaning that with just the alerts you're looking at 6 days per Forma at most, 3 at least, plus you can grind out regular missions for the essence too. Big investment, but a strong reward. Fair in my book.

I couldnt agree more. If the rates stay as they seem to be on the test center it looks nothing but good in my book, since it solves pretty much everything with steel path regarding the rewards imo. Which includes the very narrow field of viable frames currently aswell as missions feeling unrewarding for the first 45 minutes or rewarding at all for that matter in non-endless.

Currently I'm often thinking before sitting down "do I have time to squeeze in atleast 90 minutes of endless?". If I know I might have something that may interrupt me prior to that I just wont bother with endless SP due to the initial 45 min ramp up outside of odin. Now with the new system it seems that 5 minutes will be 5 minute no matter if I have to leave at 45, 90 or 180 minutes, I'll still get roughly the same reward in the end per rotation.

Archived