Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts, Currency, and Stores:

DeeDeetheSpy

From what I am seeing with the leaks from the Test Cluster having alerts drop a currency for Steel Path and take it to a store to turn in and let me say: I like it. Its something I have been a proponent for and want to see more of this. I would actually like see this expanded greatly. 

Suggestions:

Remove rep all together, you have a syndicate sigil on, puts a chance of dropping one of the 3 types of tokens for them on kills and then instead of hunting all over missions, just have syndicate Alerts that drop 8 tokens.

Go talk to the vent kids for bounties to get tokens for their store by completing races or doing a specific type of trick or point combo.

The Deimos/derelict vaults now have alerts for Maroo to get statues from them instead of the random mods that you can trade to her for endo OR those mods (like with Grandmother or Ticker when it comes to trading tokens)

Take the RNG out of world bounties and have stores for them to turn in tokens for those items on each world. 

REMOVE ALL BASIC MODS FROM LOOT TABLES AND PUT THOSE FOR SALE FOR CREDITS FROM DARVOS.

Nightwave!!!! Bring back Alerts ("Dreamers! We have this planet hit by glass rifts! Help clear them out" then those missions only show up with the glass guys) to get the night wave currency, Then have all the things in there for purchase rather than hitting "levels" on Nightwave.

I mean I am stuff on a wall and seeing what sticks, but seriously. I hate RNG for most things and all for a system where I can set a goal for what I want to buy, do things that get me to that goal, then go get it. Feels far more rewarding to me than slot machine and skinner box mechanics.

This is a very hard read, and the ideas are all over the place. You might want to reword it with proper formatting.

For the rep, i'd prefer syndicates to just let you pick one on the syndicate console, and make sigils purely decorative. I think the tokens are fine as is at the moment (as it does eliminate some aspects of RNG drops),

Not sure what your talking about on Maroo here.

It would be nice if all the mods in world bounties also dropped from enemies instead of just some. But yea, i can see that it would also be good to get them from a vendor.

I doupt removing mods from loot tables would happen, but like before having darvo as a secondary location to buy these would be good. Also, it might not be credits. I can see them being sold for plat, providing a baseline for mod value for trades to stop it getting out of hand.

Nightwave was there to replace alerts, which were time sensitive. Nightwave is much better as it stands. I cant see any alert system offering any real advantage.

6 hours ago, chaotea said:

This is a very hard read, and the ideas are all over the place. You might want to reword it with proper formatting.

For the rep, i'd prefer syndicates to just let you pick one on the syndicate console, and make sigils purely decorative. I think the tokens are fine as is at the moment (as it does eliminate some aspects of RNG drops),

Not sure what your talking about on Maroo here.

It would be nice if all the mods in world bounties also dropped from enemies instead of just some. But yea, i can see that it would also be good to get them from a vendor.

I doupt removing mods from loot tables would happen, but like before having darvo as a secondary location to buy these would be good. Also, it might not be credits. I can see them being sold for plat, providing a baseline for mod value for trades to stop it getting out of hand.

Nightwave was there to replace alerts, which were time sensitive. Nightwave is much better as it stands. I cant see any alert system offering any real advantage.

It is clear to me, But I will try...

Rep: There are syndicate alerts already in the game. Part of them is finding 8 tokens in the mission that you can turn in for rep with the syndicate. Just cut out the middle man of the rep and instead just make the tokens the things use to buy from the vendors.

Then Maroo, she is already contact that buys your statues for endo. She gives a single weekly alert to get a statue from a Deimos/derelict tile set. Move vaults to her too.  So she does a pay out for bringing her artifacts from vaults and you can just buy the corrupted mods from her instead of depending on RNG. Can even set the bounties require all members to use a specific key to get into it. We already have a system like this when the Razorback or Fomorian shows up. 

Mods from the loot tables was a wish list thing. Making them for sale for credits is just for the new players and another credit sink. Removing them from loot tables is to remove bloat from the drop tables (I hate RNG, but some is fun).

There is still a lot of complaints about the Nightwave system as it stands. What I was suggesting is making the events a roaming alert system, a hybrid of the old system but instead of specific drops have them give Nightwave currency Like Kuva or Void Traces. This also lets not have to worry about the night wave invasion stuff unless we want to deal with it.

Addendum, probably be a good idea to introduce Alerts that encourage Rail Jack use too. Make it less of a content island. Also have more direct options for what we do instead of every single mission being a skirmish. So we can target the minibosses or what ever and not be tied up with just a bunch of pointless waves of ships and 2 random goals.

I hope that clarifies what I was saying better.

Archived