Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

most new content is good but *HATE* new end of mission screen..

SaidTheRogue

for hells sake could we JUST get a toggle added when you change stuff like this, that way its easy for a player to just use the old (whatever feature/thing it may be)..?

new end of mission is pretty but its clunky, clumsy, slow, tedious to use/see/work with. cannot stand it. makes me not want to play your game. funny how ive been playing a little more overwatch lately. get the picture?

also, needs to be faster to leave party. i shouldnt have to click 234234 times to get the hell out of the group that just had 2 leechers in it. add vote kick while youre at it, which requires a total of 2 votes to kick someone as 2 leechers actually happens once in a while, and just a single vote isnt enough, that'd be abused.

Kicking and vote kicking is never going to happen. It would be very easy to abuse, such as booting people out just before extraction.

You're more likely to see DE add a matchmaking blacklist so you can stop certain players from joining your game or you joining one of theirs.

As I have a kinda slower PC, I can get soft-locked very easily if someone want to re-run the mission. The older one was much more compact and quicker to load, and I almost never had issues with it.

I get it that DE is trying to constantly upgrade and makes things new and better, but sometimes the changes are a huge step backwards. If we could toggle between the current screen and the older one, that would be great for people who either preferred the older one, or have a slow PC.

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Kicking and vote kicking is never going to happen. It would be very easy to abuse, such as booting people out just before extraction.

Everyone says this, but in all the games I've played where this is a feature, that never happens.

As for OP's post, I also hate the new mission summary screen.  There's an unskippable animation for the screen to pop up and it drives me insane.

Anyone else has the same issue with new screen that once mission ands and you have loaded in to your ship, you try to press 'ESC' to turn those stats off, but nothing happens for 2~seconds? You can turn it off by clicking with mouse, but 'ESC' has massive lag of some sorts.

Also I liked when stats showed how we did in the team. I know it means nothing (most of the time), but having those stats hidden just so i could admire trash i gathered is eh... 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Everyone says this, but in all the games I've played where this is a feature, that never happens.

As for OP's post, I also hate the new mission summary screen.  There's an unskippable animation for the screen to pop up and it drives me insane.

Then you've clearly been lucky enough to never see people abuse Limbo's abilities and grief teammates before the rework and the patch that let people roll out of banish. :P

The "new" (it's been here for a while) end screen is just awful. It takes a long time to load, the player 3 slot is in horrible lighting and in a stupid pose, if you go melee only you stab yourself in the neck for some reason, the particle effects are overkill, and the backdrop has a painfully obvious seam. On Switch especially, a particularly zealous "repeat last mission" press from the host can mean you're stuck loading into the mission again. Not to mention the poses look really out of place depending on the frame you're playing as.

Look, I love Power Rangers as much as the next guy, but this isn't the way to mimic them. I really preferred the classic view with my ship. Not to mention the new end screen trivializes your landing craft. I know what my squad's Warframes look like. I was just in a mission with them. But I don't know what ship they're flying. And what's the point of flying in if you can't do it in style?

22 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Then you've clearly been lucky enough to never see people abuse Limbo's abilities and grief teammates before the rework and the patch that let people roll out of banish. :P

Good that Switch Teleport will never be patched , so many salty Volt players " I AM ABOUT TO GET TO THE EXTRACTION POINT FIRST 1111 " so many laughs .

Yes new end sreen has better stats and layout but it takes longer to load and you can if quick flick between screens but cannot use it during loading only after which means that kill stats cannot be viewed until your back on orbiter or relay by which time teams dibanded if your host as your first in last out. Or worse players are queing next mission while your still finishing results screen load. 

I agree, I preferred when everything was on one page instead of having to flip back and forth. It was much simpler and the new screen feels like they just wanted to make it look cool instead of efficient. With the old screen I could see everything at once without any hassle of waiting for it to finish loading back to my orbiter to see the stats.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, SaidTheRogue said:

just a reminder.. new end of mission screen sucks. super clunky, takes forever to get "back" to the main menu.

Oh, it's more than that. You're already in the main menu. The game then goes and explicitly pulls you out of it to shove the screen in your face.

I've had several cases where I finish a mission, briefly see my frame in front of the navigation console and *then* get hit with the end of mission summary screen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-11-19 at 9:55 AM, (PSN)camwyn-xenos said:

Yes new end sreen has better stats and layout but it takes longer to load and you can if quick flick between screens but cannot use it during loading only after which means that kill stats cannot be viewed until your back on orbiter or relay by which time teams dibanded if your host as your first in last out. Or worse players are queing next mission while your still finishing results screen load. 

This right here's is something I'll never understand.  When you're loading into a mission they'll take the time to load in the assets of not only your lander but everyone elses' and let you twirl it around for no reason other than to kill time, but when loading out you can't let us tick through some menus to actually see the things we've gotten or done?  And while not necessarily an issue with the menu, but the fact that when a PS4 player gets coupled with a PS5 player they either have to contend with the 5 player setting up and force starting a new mission while you're still loading into your lander or it just completely removing any and all UI to the point where you have to close out the game to get it back is really making me not want to play with anyone.  

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree. It's cluttered, crowded, tedious, interferes with using the chatbox (it also activates the search box), and basically looks like a worse version of Anthem's already pointless end-of-mission screen. And it goes without saying... we do NOT want to follow Anthem's lead. XP

I don't want to stare at my Warframe doing a dumb pose while I'm mashing the Escape key to get back to the Orbiter. (Or trying to click the "Repeat Mission" button.)

Archived