Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 forma to rank 40 mech? Really?

(PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO

So it seems mechs will be able to get to rank 40 like DE said...but... they're putting the same mechanic of the kuva weapons to get them to max rank, as in 5 forma, which they said they wouldn't do.

No-one liked to spend so much forma on the kuva weapons, everyone asked DE to not do that again, and they did it... again. 

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

depends on whether MR is granted for those extra ranks. even if it's not, it's still wise to get the extra levels as we'll likely start getting more interesting and useful Necramech mods in the future. I also happen to really enjoy the mech, so I'm happy to Forma it. can't wait for the Bone Widow Necramech to finally be mine!

11 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Wasn't the MR tied to 30 anyway? Wasn't lvl 40 a way to increase the mod cappacity because right now even with 9 forma you can't fit all the mods? Or I got everything wrong?

Certain special weapons can exceed Rank 30 and these weapons will continue to grant 100 mastery points for each additional level until they reach their max

4 minutes ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Yes, but they're going with the put 5 forma to get to rank 40 way

And? If there is no MR involved, and you don't need that extra capacitty, why you care?

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Certain special weapons can exceed Rank 30 and these weapons will continue to grant 100 mastery points for each additional level until they reach their max

I know abiut that in kuva waepons and apracesis, but AFAIK there is no more MR for the necramech and this is purely for min maxers, you got more info about it?

When did DE say they wouldn't do this?   I absolutely do not remember any such promises.

Community's proven that without a current cap of 30, even putting a forma in every necramech slot isn't enough to let you use all 12 mod slots with maxed mods.  Bringing it to rank 40 allows us the mod capacity necessary to actually use all twelve slots.

Just now, captainHalide said:

When did DE say they wouldn't do this?   I absolutely do not remember any such promises.

Community's proven that without a current cap of 30, even putting a forma in every necramech slot isn't enough to let you use all 12 mod slots with maxed mods.  Bringing it to rank 40 allows us the mod capacity necessary to actually use all twelve slots.

The point is not about Necramechs being 40lvl, the point is that you need to waste 5 formas to get there.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I know abiut that in kuva waepons and apracesis, but AFAIK there is no more MR for the necramech and this is purely for min maxers, you got more info about it?

I though you were referring to the kuva weapons.

As for the mechs I have no sources reliable enough to say if this mechanic will be used for them. But in case, there would be 200 Mastery points per level beyond 30, reaching a maximum of 8000 per mech.

4 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

The point is not about Necramechs being 40lvl, the point is that you need to waste 5 formas to get there.

Yeah, I don't even have all the necramech mods yet, and I'd already need more than 80 mod capacity to fit them all in.  You'd need the forma regardless to get a full suite of mods going for all twelve slots, bud.

But hey, maybe you can wait until Deimos Arcana hits and we actually get our hands on more mods and more mechs to check it out.

Only matters if MR is tied to it again as that'll give people an excuse to get upset all over again.

But the problem isn't having gear take Forma for extra capacity but that they don't gain anything besides capacity for it. The issue is that most things can take a full build with 2-3 Forma while the extra capacity gains can make some builds for such gear require one less Forma even. Thus the whole system is a waste just to gain a pitiful amount of MR.

The Paracesis however is a case of using the system correctly with the stat bonuses gained for the extra Forma with the added bonus after the final one. If Kuva weapons or the Mechs gained something in addition to capacity, even just a purely visual effect, then there would be far fewer complaints about the system.

But Mechs might be an exception to all of this anyways as whatever a full Mech build looks like might end up needing five or more Forma anyways. So extra MR or not there is still incentive for putting that much work into them anyways.

It came with paracesis. DE saw players ddon't react badly, so they decided it's perfect opportunity to force players into buying mountains of formas from market. Now every new "big thing" will be 5-forma to max MR.

And ofcourse we will never see forma BP change. Because this decision is made solely to sink platinum from the system. I understand DE made f2P game and they need to earn money, but this method of 5-forma/item is just sleazy. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

So it seems mechs will be able to get to rank 40 like DE said...but... they're putting the same mechanic of the kuva weapons to get them to max rank, as in 5 forma, which they said they wouldn't do.

No-one liked to spend so much forma on the kuva weapons, everyone asked DE to not do that again, and they did it... again. 

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Couple of points and 1 question:

1- This isn't new. Its a requirement for anything to be pushed up to Rank 40 to Require 5 Forma since Paracesis was released. Lets not make this silly and act like it dropped out of thin air.

2- For anyone looking to max out their mechs Mod-wise, multiple Forma was necessary anyway. Nothings changed.

3- Getting Mechs to 40 is not absolutely essential, and not getting it to 40 doesnt leave anyone with any major disadvantage. Lets not make this silly and act like it does.

4- Forma can be pretty  easily earned ingame without having to spend a penny on Platinum.

5- A very important detail to keep in mind is that most of the people who complain about any of the 40s needing 5 Forma are also the ones complaining that they've got nothing to do in the game. The contradiction astounds.

6- Where or When did they say they'd never do it again?

3 hours ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Yes, but they're going with the put 5 forma to get to rank 40 way

You cannot fit all of the mod slots with mods with a MR 30 necramech.

You need to forma it if you want to make full use of the mod slots. Even if max rank was kept at 30 and not 40, you will still forma it regardless.

And EVEN then, you will use up all 60/60 capacity after formaing all the slots and you STILL will have 1 empty mod slot. The rank increase to 40 is with accordance to the fact that necramech users already forma-ed their mech. If you haven't, then it means you don't own a necramech (in which case, why did you even make this thread?), or you own it but don't use it at all to a point its low ranked.

2 hours ago, deothor said:

It came with paracesis. DE saw players ddon't react badly, so they decided it's perfect opportunity to force players into buying mountains of formas from market. Now every new "big thing" will be 5-forma to max MR.

And ofcourse we will never see forma BP change. Because this decision is made solely to sink platinum from the system. I understand DE made f2P game and they need to earn money, but this method of 5-forma/item is just sleazy. 

I didn't react, but I thought it was pretty lame... especially now since it doesn't do anything unique or special. What has my 5 Forma in Paracesis got me? Did it do something for a quest? No... it used to be for the Shedu quest. But when Scarlet Spear launched, everyone got that quest for free and the red crystal in sentient anomalies doesn't do anything anymore (you used to need Paracesis to shatter this crystal to initiate the quest). Does Paracesis do something really unique or amazing? No... it really doesn't. We now have Shedu and Xaku which can reset resistances in sentients (because who cares about the Paracesis sentient damage boost on already overpowered melee weapons?)... I have wasted 5 Forma on a mediocre Heavy Blade that I don't even like because I was under the impression I absolutely had to rank it to 40 for quest reasons. I don't use it for anything... it's awful for killing most kinds of sentients even with its gimmick ability. Redeemer Prime with intermittent Operator use feels far better for killing flying sentients. But hey... you know, you can just hide in the Void while Battalysts pummel everything with lasers... because you can't really hit it easily with your Paracesis (but you can with gun blades!).

I'm happy to spend 4-5 forma on weapons that I like (heck even 7 forma). I don't like being required or tricked into doing it. I will absolutely never ever forma all the Kuva weapons to 40... a lot of them are not worth it to me. But the most awful Heavy Blade in the game, War, gets 4 forma from me. What a cool looking weapon with cool lore!

isn't having more mod capacity a good thing?

having 30 on most weapons is rather annoying because you have add a lot of forma to minmax ur builds, i rather love the kuva weapon mechanic as it gives you a lot extra mod space for a meager 5 forma, some of my frames and weapons have 9 forma xd

5 hours ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Weclome to Tencent,,  its not about what you want, its about what makes money.. 

Actually, doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is stupidity, not insanity.

All you can really ask is people learn from their mistakes...

As in, if you are stupid enough to let them get away with it the first time, you have now green lid that behavior.

Next time they push it even further.

Unfortunately the people who are desperate enough to accept just about anything, sells everyone out, including themselves and the quality of the game.

Those are the people you need to blame, not the developers. You can except the developers to scam you out of time and money as much as possible, and then some, that's their job.

The players selling out the other players, and the game, are selling out their own team.

But stupidity isn't a choice so they can't be held directly accountable for their own actions. Which actually only leaves... you.

Though no easy task to go out and educate 40,000 people, especially not when the convo starts out with "you are an idiot".

8 hours ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I find it to be an incredibly obnoxious design choice to say you need 5 forma to get the full MR out of anything period.

If im not mistaken there are 16 kuva weapons + paracesis. To get all the MR out of those it would take 85 forma. Thats insane.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I find it to be an incredibly obnoxious design choice to say you need 5 forma to get the full MR out of anything period.

If im not mistaken there are 16 kuva weapons + paracesis. To get all the MR out of those it would take 85 forma. Thats insane.

Exactly, paracecis was kinda special for that but after the kuva weapons, this became just lazy and annoying.

10 hours ago, Cloud said:

"certain" is getting to be an increasing number of things getting this lousy mechanic, it was a interesting quirk when one sword had it and it fast became tiresome when a whole slew of weapons got it.

Archived