Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 forma to rank 40 mech? Really?

(PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO

10 часов назад, captainHalide сказал:

Community's proven that without a current cap of 30, even putting a forma in every necramech slot isn't enough to let you use all 12 mod slots with maxed mods.  Bringing it to rank 40 allows us the mod capacity necessary to actually use all twelve slots.

is that really needed? necramech are joke, just like k-drive. and in order to get full mastery, because that's the only reason to actually bother with necramechs. now 5 forma in the first one, 5 forma on the second one. man, the only application of the necramech i see, is to use it on tridolons, which is also kinda meh.

10 corpus weapons, 5 forma each, 50 forma.

total 60 forma means 60 days of crafting. or some amount of platinum if a player want it faster.

and this is a very bad decision by developer to even implement such approach on the larger scale. it was ok for a single, quest weapon, but to make it a sort of mandatory for a wide selection of items? shhh. i guess this is why this game is the very same game as it has been for the last 8 years.

12 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

is that really needed? necramech are joke, just like k-drive. and in order to get full mastery, because that's the only reason to actually bother with necramechs. now 5 forma in the first one, 5 forma on the second one. man, the only application of the necramech i see, is to use it on tridolons, which is also kinda meh.

10 corpus weapons, 5 forma each, 50 forma.

total 60 forma means 60 days of crafting. or some amount of platinum if a player want it faster.

and this is a very bad decision by developer to even implement such approach on the larger scale. it was ok for a single, quest weapon, but to make it a sort of mandatory for a wide selection of items? shhh. i guess this is why this game is the very same game as it has been for the last 8 years.

I sense that you never used a mech because what you said is completely bullocks.

DE never said not needing 5 forma, infact it was clearly mentioned in devstream that it will need it to rank 40 and will obviously give that extra 1k mastery. the rest of new kuva weapon from future corpus litches will most likely have same mechanics. even i cried when kuva weapons were new and needed S#&$ ton forma for mastery which ofcourse i did.

players were giving me excuse of " thats why plaguq event existed for you to farm forma" guess its hard for other players to believe that some people play other games as well.

might come as a surprise to them. in short this is going to stay the same, i personally dont like this mecha cr-p painfully did forma 4 times atm waiting for update to finally do the last one, they better not fu-king unforma it gives us back in inbox ffs

The main problem with this is that mechs are a pain in the arse to level. They're restricted to open world Bounties, and locked out of the rest of content. So, while I'm not exactly enthusiastic about it (I think it's becoming an annoying mechanic, I was ok with it at first just for the Paracesis and the Kuva weapons, but now...) it will be less dreadful if mechs are cleared for regular missions. The new Corpus ship tileset has lots of open space for them, at least.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The main problem with this is that mechs are a pain in the arse to level. They're restricted to open world Bounties, and locked out of the rest of content. So, while I'm not exactly enthusiastic about it (I think it's becoming an annoying mechanic, I was ok with it at first just for the Paracesis and the Kuva weapons, but now...) it will be less dreadful if mechs are cleared for regular missions. The new Corpus ship tileset has lots of open space for them, at least.

De already said that the mechs will be usable on the tilesets 

15 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

De already said that the mechs will be usable on the tilesets 

I like DE, but I'm withholding judgement on that one until I see it. No malice, no ranting, just...DE occasionally level the shotgun at the target known as 'own foot' and give it both barrels.

EDIT: There is also the counter-counter-argument:
"Mech needs to be rank 40 to fit all the mods!"
"You mean, all those mods that have a 1% drop chance, from enemies which you can only fight between one and six of per mission cycle? Yeah that's clearly a high priority."

Just now, Kel_Silonius said:

sure give me an example. what can necramech do?

Be awesome? What else do you need in life?

Anyways the current mech we have dumps out damage like crazy. With both the archgun and it's #*!% all cannon that does millions of damage actually by itself without any cheesing or whatever.

I wouldn't say that they as practical as warframes but let's face it. They can actually contribute to the fight a lot. Really they just beed a better reflective shield and they would be nearly as good as the warframes. 

And also they are awesome.

(And they have some cc but eh)

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

I like DE, but I'm withholding judgement on that one until I see it. No malice, no ranting, just...DE occasionally level the shotgun at the target known as 'own foot' and give it both barrels.

Well I'm not gonna say that their implementation will be perfect. Because if you saw the home stream you already know that not every does will be big enough for the mech. And they won't fix that according to Rebbeca but it will make the mechs a lot better.

The biggest problem I can see is the infested. Because the levels are so horribly designed that even with warframes we have trouble getting through them.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Well I'm not gonna say that their implementation will be perfect. Because if you saw the home stream you already know that not every does will be big enough for the mech. And they won't fix that according to Rebbeca but it will make the mechs a lot better.

The biggest problem I can see is the infested. Because the levels are so horribly designed that even with warframes we have trouble getting through them.

Oh yeah. We don't bring Necramechs to Eris. We just don't.

2 минуты назад, JackHargreav сказал:

Be awesome? What else do you need in life?

Anyways the current mech we have dumps out damage like crazy. With both the archgun and it's #*!% all cannon that does millions of damage actually by itself without any cheesing or whatever.

I wouldn't say that they as practical as warframes but let's face it. They can actually contribute to the fight a lot. Really they just beed a better reflective shield and they would be nearly as good as the warframes. 

And also they are awesome.

(And they have some cc but eh)

sooo?.. they are useless. ok. got it.

as i mentioned before, i see a potential application of 1st mech for Tridolons, maybe it will be efficient. 

they can be used on a defense mission, when it will become possible, and only to max them out and forget they even existed, like the rest of 98% of the arsenal.

3 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

sooo?.. they are useless. ok. got it.

as i mentioned before, i see a potential application of 1st mech for Tridolons, maybe it will be efficient. 

they can be used on a defense mission, when it will become possible, and only to max them out and forget they even existed, like the rest of 98% of the arsenal.

Ppl already using the first mech for eidolns. As it was kind of expected.

Anyways I don't think you want to use that reasoning because I could easily ask why we even have a bunch of weapons and frames when you only need Nezha and Trumna? 

To me mechs can be very useful when I want extra firepower. Having a second warframe with you is not at all useless.

1 минуту назад, JackHargreav сказал:

Having a second warframe with you is not at all useless.

so get a wisp specter with exergis. it wrecks stuff even after 1hr of arbitration. and it buffs you as well.

the point is, DE could just make it 40 levels without that 5 forma bs. additional 10 levels will have no impact on this vehicle when it comes to dishing out damage. cause unless they changed or released something to the necramecs in terms of mods, it is possible to have all "must have" mods with a level 30 necramech. which means that 5 forma investement has no value except for mastery.

What exactly is the problem?

If the extra ranks give MR, yeah it is annoying, but only incase you dont plan on using it.

If there is no MR tied to the ranks it doesnt matter for those who arent interested and for those that are it is a massive bonus since you get 2 extra levels for the first 5 forma, and if you are interested you'll spend plenty more forma on the mechs in order to be able to kit them out fully with their mods.

So again, what is the problem?

oh law, the tin can is absolute pain to level up even to 30 and its not worth the effort or a forma and the new mech looks to be even worse

DE's out of their mind to make it like kuva weapons 5 forma and relevelling all the way to 40, more terrible grind for nothing, good luck with that

Seriously, people?

The damn thing has 12 slots to stuff mods into and mods are broadly 9-11 in cost. Let's just say 9 for argument's sake. You're looking at a capacity burden of roughly 108 and you save 4 per forma'd slot.

Forty ranks and a reactor get you 80 capacity, yes? Saving 4 per forma'd slot means you need exactly 7 polarised slots to fill the mech.

You get 3 slots polarised on build.

This means you already needed to use at least 4 of those 5 Forma anyway to fill up your Mech loadout.

And that doesn't account for the extra burden of the 11-cost mods (+1 drain per polarised instance) and Necramech Redirection as our shiny 10-ranker clocking an extra +2 drain in a polarised slot. With these you already need a FIFTH FORMA (8 total polarised) to fill out the full screen if you're using even a single drain more from higher cost mods.

So, requiring 5 forma on a Mech to max it out is a literal non-factor. Save your whinging until you actually run the numbers, aye?

Oh boy, I don't even intend to put any Forma on either mech because both will continue to be utter trash as long as things like Vaccuum/Fetch and Animal Instinct don't work on them and they have no means of self-sustain. Running around with Mausolon in Rhino's hands feels more like operating a powerful combat mech than the Necramechs themselves.

Archived