Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 forma to rank 40 mech? Really?

(PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO

Leveling stuff for the sake of leveling stuff.  That is wf now.

Repeatedly leveling the same thing over and over is now content.   Not just something we may have chosen to do on some items, but is now moving towards a mandatory mechanic on more and more items that are released.

It would be nice if de introduced some fun missions for us to use all these massively over forma'd items in.   That would mean actually releasing content, not just more grind.

2 часа назад, JackHargreav сказал:

I kinda already answered this.

It's an extra warframe with high damage out put and infinite ammo. The better question is why shouldn't you use it?

why would i need extra warframe if i already have one that can delete groups of enemy quickly? any other reasonable arguments?

Just now, Merrcenary said:

why would i need extra warframe if i already have one that can delete groups of enemy quickly? any other reasonable arguments?

Well it's reasonable enough for me I mean if you just want to stick to your frame sure do it. Don't know why you are so dead set on limiting your arsenal but whatever.

This is a really trivial complaint, the Necramech has 12 mod slots, it will take 6 or 7 forma to fit a full build on the vehicle. Also...

Insanity *the state of being seriously mentally ill, madness*

As for why you'd want a Necramech, pretty simple, it's Rhino+Every Frame. Can you fire unlimited Mausolon while looting with Nekros? Can you tank a ton of damage with Loki? Can you build Xatu for box smashing and have high defense as well as heavy bombardment. Necramechs are an alternate loadout, it's particularly effective for backing up utility frames, like max enemy radar hunting Ivara. You may not always have a tanky DPS frame in use, but you'll always have a Necramech to alternate to. 

14 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

when you run out of capacity at max forma, and still dont have every slot filled.

Indeed.

I remember reading the original thread on reddit that suggested this or something like it, because of this exact problem.

17 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Indeed.

I remember reading the original thread on reddit that suggested this or something like it, because of this exact problem.

I mean...it's not that Necramech mods are more power hungry than other mods, it's that we've got one piece of hardware with twelve mod slots, and onto it we slot the equivalent of core Warframe mods, plus movement mods, plus a core suite of mods which normally go onto the melee weapon instead of the Warframe, and no Aura slot. 

It's pretty clear that this was the real plan all along. Or, a spectacular lack of foresight I guess.

12 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

the funny thing is there arn't even enough mods for the necramech right now to require that xD

Even if you use only the low drain mods, you'd pretty much have to format all 12 slots to fill all slots with ranked mods. 

For the optimal mods that nobody has, it's actually impossible to fill all 12 slots with the best ranked mods. 60 capacity divided by 12 slots is 5 available drain for every slot. Even with 80 capacity, you only have 6 and 2/3rd per slot. 

WHAT THE #*!%

THEY SAID THEY WOULDNT DO IT!

And I played the test servers, Trinity cant heal Necramechs anymore. 
Ranking up Necramechs is a nightmare because you can't recover Energy or Health reliably. 

I miss the time when we could trust in DE's words

EDIT: My problem is the need to level something SIX TIMES to get all the Affinity, not the investment
of resources, but rather the investment of time.

.giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Roble_Viejo said:

WHAT THE #*!%

THEY SAID THEY WOULDNT DO IT!

And I played the test servers, Trinity cant heal Necramechs anymore. 
Ranking up Necramechs is a nightmare because you can't recover Energy or Health reliably. 

I miss the time when we could trust in DE's words

And in three pages there has yet to be a citation on that claim.

The rest of what you're saying is completely irrelevant to any claim or status of the forma situation. And if you saw anything else in the thread it's irrelevant as Mechs require far more than five Forma to properly utilize.

hace 51 minutos, trst dijo:

And in three pages there has yet to be a citation on that claim.

The rest of what you're saying is completely irrelevant to any claim or status of the forma situation. And if you saw anything else in the thread it's irrelevant as Mechs require far more than five Forma to properly utilize.

They said in a devstream "We are planning in making the max rank of mechs 40, without the need of extra forma"

Some people don't want to max their necramechs, there is not even that many mods, some people
just want the affinity. Levelling stuff 6 times to get the maximum amount of affinity is just a way to milk
player's playtime. With Deimos Arcana I will be MR30, at least let me put all 5 formas at one go. Please.

On 2020-11-15 at 11:56 AM, Cloud said:

Certain special weapons can exceed Rank 30 and these weapons will continue to grant 100 mastery points for each additional level until they reach their max

Why does it matter? They added the 10 ranks to allow you to fit a maxed out mod in every slot, which you wouldn't be able to do WITHOUT 5 forma regardless.

2 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

They said in a devstream "We are planning in making the max rank of mechs 40, without the need of extra forma"

Which one? Do you have a timestamp?

Because I've seen every recent devstream and I can't recall them saying anything of the sort.

13 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

People need to stop saying this...
It's literally what the scientific method requires you to do in most cases.

Actually, the Scientific method is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result, and then doing an ever-so-slightly different thing over and over again and then expecting a different set of same results.

One of the core foundations of science is reproducability. If somebody does the same thing you do and gets a different result, then that indicates, at best, unforseen confounding variables that weren't properly controlled. There's a reason that Einstein, who is believed to have coined that phrase, also hated the uncertainty principle and outright rejected quantum physics no matter how much hard maths were put before him saying it existed. Because it, to him, was madness.

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Actually, the Scientific method is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result, and then doing an ever-so-slightly different thing over and over again and then expecting a different set of same results.

One of the core foundations of science is reproducability. If somebody does the same thing you do and gets a different result, then that indicates, at best, unforseen confounding variables that weren't properly controlled. There's a reason that Einstein, who is believed to have coined that phrase, also hated the uncertainty principle and outright rejected quantum physics no matter how much hard maths were put before him saying it existed. Because it, to him, was madness.

Yes?

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

You said that people should stop quoting the 'definition of insantiy' because it was the scientific method. When it isn't.

You forget that every hypothesis has to be proven by multiple angles to be accepted. Replication is required for every one of those steps to be sure it's not a "fluke".

• Testability (compare falsifiability as discussed above)
  • Parsimony (as in the application of "Occam's razor", discouraging the postulation of excessive numbers of entities)
  • Scope – the apparent application of the hypothesis to multiple cases of phenomena
  • Fruitfulness – the prospect that a hypothesis may explain further phenomena in the future
  • Conservatism – the degree of "fit" with existing recognized knowledge-systems.

So no even the scientific method is not doing the same thing over and over.

8 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

You forget that every hypothesis has to be proven by multiple angles to be accepted. Replication is required for every one of those steps to be sure it's not a "fluke".

So no even the scientific method is not doing the same thing over and over.

I know, that post you're quoting is a simplification of what was already an oversimplified statement I made earlier:

45 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Archived