Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 17, and why is it the way it is?

ECACA

Let see.

I appear and Im facing my frame, NOT the direction Im supposed to go.

Pillars around the area and you cant Latch to them, and cant Bounce off them.  so why have them(to block us)

I know speed would be nice for this, but it seems everyone is running at 1.00 so jumping would be good, but the pillars seem to block most  direct points.

Most of the Openings in the floor(from the 2nd floor) seem to be in bad spots or Filled with pillars, and you cant grab the pillars to jump down.

Wonderful map guys.

17 sec, and takes 2-3 to figure you are facing WRONG WAY.  Then search Quickly to find where you are supposed to go.  But it also seems the Balls dont appear INSTANTLY, after you kill one.

Thanks.  I will cheat as everyone else does then.

If you practice it several times you can learn the spawn locations of the orbs. Once you know where the first few orbs spawn you can move towards those locations and melee any enemies along the way. It also helps have enemy radar mods on your frame so you can see enemies on your mini map. GL tenno

For MR tests, you can go visit cephalon simaris to practice it, freely with no failure criteria.

Then you check the strategy on youtube, the people posting the video will usually explain the mechanics of the situation, if not you can check with google and it's a guarantee you can find topics explaining the mechanics, loadouts etc. you are best off with.

You do yourself no favors jumping into really anything in warframe unprepared.

The grind is terrible enough on its own.

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

Let see.

I appear and Im facing my frame, NOT the direction Im supposed to go.

Pillars around the area and you cant Latch to them, and cant Bounce off them.  so why have them(to block us)

I know speed would be nice for this, but it seems everyone is running at 1.00 so jumping would be good, but the pillars seem to block most  direct points.

Most of the Openings in the floor(from the 2nd floor) seem to be in bad spots or Filled with pillars, and you cant grab the pillars to jump down.

Wonderful map guys.

17 sec, and takes 2-3 to figure you are facing WRONG WAY.  Then search Quickly to find where you are supposed to go.  But it also seems the Balls dont appear INSTANTLY, after you kill one.

Videogames are about reflexes sometimes. Keep practicing and you'll develop some :)

4 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

I like the "everyone must be cheating, because no way I am doing something wrong" touch at the end.

Very rarely have I seen someone on a game forum say "Hi, I'm kinda inexperienced and don't know what I'm doing here, anyone have advice?" 

It's usually "Great job (insert game company), how does anyone even play your game. This is the worst design ever!"

e.g. they blame everyone but themselves.

6 hours ago, ECACA said:

I will cheat as everyone else does then.

Blaming others for your lack of skill and experience is not a good thing to do. You are not Forced, to qualify instantly, you can practice as many times as you Want. You can learn the map, the spawn locations of the Orbs and so on. Rather than ranting on forums, where you paint yourself a complete doofus will not bring in help, but hate and encourage toxicity. Please refrain from doing that.

You may also want to check out this: MR 17 test on Wiki

2 hours ago, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

you know you can practice exists right?

This.

It's not obvious, but visit a relay and Esc->Fast Travel->Simaris. Walk around his little room until you find the MR tests and select "Practice."

EDIT: Alternatively, go to the Syndicates console on your Orbiter, select "Miscellaneous" and click "Visit Cephalon Simaris." Brings you directly to his little room. I love the Syndicates console. Even brings you directly to the Quills or Little Duck.

It occurred to me that you probably know how to find Simaris being MR 16 and all... Forgive my explanation if you do!

16 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

I cheesed that mission by equipping wukong with a few runspeed mods, a long range polearm, and giving my clone a bullethose.

Just go for the orbs, ignore the dudes, because your clone's ai is good enough to murder those 

[Edit] i kinda feel like mr tests are all about cheesing a very specific thing, to show or let you think about the less obvious hidden mechanics in the game. I guess you could see them as a weird tutorial epilogue.

same

8 hours ago, ECACA said:

Can i just go straight to feel offended?

He -not even accused, just straight went to believe that i and the rest of the players here cheated.

We don't cheat, lil buddy. We look it up on youtube. Some of us even persistent or smart enough to figure out and formulate a way to cheese it.

Who this guy think he is, warframe god? "oh if I can't do it then nobody else can. All these people before me who reached mr 30? Yeah they all cheated" . Youtube it, buddy. You'll find plenty of players way smarter than you, more skillful than you, probably you can learn a thing or two from them.

I'm sorry i have to be the one who break this up, but you're not the greatest warframe player who ever touched the sticks. What you fail at, plenty of other players succeeded.

15 hours ago, ECACA said:

OP's like this really irritate me, blaming their lack of skill and ability on everything else and inferring that everyone else cheated to do it cos it couldn't possibly be that they're bad at it. Sooo...
I went for the stupidest nerf setup I could think of, Atlas the slowest frame, with a hobbled dragon key so I literally cannot run but have to jump or roll everywhere, a short ranged fist melee for punching orbs, a 1 shot per clip sniper rifle to kill with and since he complained about the 17 seconds as if that's actually a problem I got to the first orb and shot a few enemies first to wind down the clock before hitting it to prove a point. 

I don't often just say "git gud" I prefer to post a video that helps them achieve it but on this occasion, GIT GUD. Stop afking on Hydron and maybe you'll actually develop some skill. For the record OP, I'm pretty sure most of the regulars on here are capable of doing this just as easily.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

The stealth test is more difficult than mr 17 test

I want them to change that. It's weird how all the previous tests are super easy, and then it suddenly becomes really hard.

That one's not too bad tbh, the enemies have a set movement pattern. Once you know that, using enemy radar makes it pretty simple.

Archived