Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 17, and why is it the way it is?

ECACA

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yep definitely not my best effort lol :( I kept trying to scope in when I honestly shouldn't have bothered to.

you did more than enough, mate

at this point OP is just ruining his own credibility with every post he make

it's one thing to lament on game design or difficulty -being told to "git gud" always hurts, but at least there'll be some people who empathizes and genuinely wants to help.
OP is just blaming everything else but himself. if i were him, imma stop while i still can. stand corrected. accept the fact that i did missed something, should've look into it but didn't, and thank everyone who kindly (or even sarcastically, at this point) pointed it out for me.

On 2020-11-14 at 11:11 PM, ECACA said:

Let see.

I appear and Im facing my frame, NOT the direction Im supposed to go.

Pillars around the area and you cant Latch to them, and cant Bounce off them.  so why have them(to block us)

I know speed would be nice for this, but it seems everyone is running at 1.00 so jumping would be good, but the pillars seem to block most  direct points.

Most of the Openings in the floor(from the 2nd floor) seem to be in bad spots or Filled with pillars, and you cant grab the pillars to jump down.

Wonderful map guys.

17 sec, and takes 2-3 to figure you are facing WRONG WAY.  Then search Quickly to find where you are supposed to go.  But it also seems the Balls dont appear INSTANTLY, after you kill one.

Thanks.  I will cheat as everyone else does then.

Well it does suck to suck. Maybe if you used the practice option on relays or looked it up on YouTube, or posses basic movement and direction skills seeing as your supposedly mr 16 it would go better for you.

On 2020-11-18 at 1:03 AM, ECACA said:

Good comment. Im 60yo.  I was Playing Pong before you were born.

The Gamer changes your Speed to 1.0, even after making it 1.4 it Made it 1.0.

So that means you have to do Jumps to get threw the map.  Why dont you go look, before opening lips?

Why don’t you learn 5th grade English and grammar first?

On 2020-11-18 at 1:08 AM, ECACA said:

And this shows everyone that Wucong is the choice for this map...WHY?  Because you CANT bring sentinels into it, and Wucong CAN.  isnt that a cheat?

No it’s an ability not a sentinel. And he isn’t the one choice. People are recommending him to you because you clearly need the crutch.  I used frost prime and cleared the test fine.

On 2020-11-18 at 1:43 PM, XzWasPzX said:

I can understand complains in the stealth mastery rank tests, cause certainly require some skills, and a bit of luck, but hey... mr17 is a trivial test which does not require anything special. Come on people...

Exactly all you have to do is bullet jump, kill enemies, and hit the orbs. It’s not that hard. He’ll use a redeemer if you must 

8 hours ago, ECACA said:

I would just like it. If I could hang on the pillars.  GRAB one and go from the bottom to top..NOPE, gotta find a path.

Not really you can bullet jump and glide, but I guess you hands are too busy hanging on to that high horses saddle to do that. This isn’t a test that requires you to hang on pillars, it provides no advantage here. Stealth test yes, here? No.

Decided to try this one myself because it's been quite a long time.  Effectively unmodded Limbo using no abilities (all my mods are ability based), using only melee with the Hirudo.  No issues.

Even if you could climb the pillars, I'm pretty sure it'd be slower than just bullet jumping to the upper level anyway.

2 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

You know, not everyone who writes in English uses it as a first language, right? Also you missed the question mark at the end of that line. Just saying.

Yeah I do. But when your 60yrs old (or so they say.) you should still be able to have decent grammar. Especially when your telling other people to  look before they speak.

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Yeah I do. But when your 60yrs old (or so they say.) you should still be able to have decent grammar. Especially when your telling other people to  look before they speak.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you learned the rudiments of several languages in high school, I know I had to. Even though all of them shared a set of root languages, the rules of grammar are different for each. Since I have little cause to use most of them, I'd not rate myself highly if I had to try to write messages in them. Can you say differently?

I'm asking because you messed up with the question mark last time, and you got the "your-you're" wrong this time (twice), and your punctuation is .... problematic as well. (You included a period in the parentheses, but didn't follow up with a capital, suggesting that it's an error.) If we're going to critique someone's skill at communicating in a particular language, you might want to avoid making similar levels of mistakes.

Again, just saying.

I am guessing that I also played pong long before you were born, but unlike him, I never really liked Tempest. 🤷‍♂️

On 2020-11-16 at 6:42 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

OP's like this really irritate me, blaming their lack of skill and ability on everything else and inferring that everyone else cheated to do it cos it couldn't possibly be that they're bad at it. Sooo...
I went for the stupidest nerf setup I could think of, Atlas the slowest frame, with a hobbled dragon key so I literally cannot run but have to jump or roll everywhere, a short ranged fist melee for punching orbs, a 1 shot per clip sniper rifle to kill with and since he complained about the 17 seconds as if that's actually a problem I got to the first orb and shot a few enemies first to wind down the clock before hitting it to prove a point. 

I don't often just say "git gud" I prefer to post a video that helps them achieve it but on this occasion, GIT GUD. Stop afking on Hydron and maybe you'll actually develop some skill. For the record OP, I'm pretty sure most of the regulars on here are capable of doing this just as easily.

Now do it with stug.

I've read through this whole thread, and OP is incredibly defensive, but one of the most blatant things they're ignoring, and I know they're ignoring it because they even went out of their way to post this:

On 2020-11-26 at 6:13 AM, ECACA said:

I would just like it. If I could hang on the pillars.  GRAB one and go from the bottom to top..NOPE, gotta find a path.

Is our existing movement system.

You do not have to find a path, a simple Bullet Jump is high enough to get up that distance without wall-jumping or latching.

Are you unable to use the movement system, OP? You claim you're 60 in one of your earlier comments, and that you've been here 7 years, are you still trying to Copter?

I'll tell you what; DE recently re-did the starter cinematic, and the part of the quest called 'Awakening'. It's now a separate thing to the Vor's Prize quest and you can do it on its own from the Codex. It comes with a new layout and with sections that have special emphasis on Bullet Jumping. Re-do that, then go practice the MR test again with the full knowledge of the movement system.

You'll notice that the video done by that other guy features his warframe, with a Hobbled Dragon key, which reduces your walk and sprint speed by 50% and he takes maybe five steps total on the ground. He jumps, vertically, between the lower and upper area, he Aim Glides to keep his height and travel distance at greater speed, he rolls because rolling is an animation and not affected by the Hobbled Dragon key.

A frame with the factual slowest walk and sprint speed, with a 50% reduction to walk and sprint speed, can still travel the distance between those white orbs in seconds. Close enough to melee them with one of the shortest-reaching melee weapons in the game.

Stop being defensive, watch and learn when somebody demonstrates for you. If you're 60, I'd think you'd be mature enough to do that.

13 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Personally I'd like all dragon keys and Zephyr, but I don't know if Stug with extinguished even deals damage.

Hey...

Actually, Zephyr's cheating. Literally the most capable frame in this, due to low-grav and enhanced in-air steering. One bullet jump and you can literally melee ground-slam any orb you can see from orbit.

That would nyx @anarchy753 's 'Gram Prime with no attack speed mods' thing, because the slow speed would be negated by the ground-slam.

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Hey...

Actually, Zephyr's cheating. Literally the most capable frame in this, due to low-grav and enhanced in-air steering. One bullet jump and you can literally melee ground-slam any orb you can see from orbit.

That would nyx @anarchy753 's 'Gram Prime with no attack speed mods' thing, because the slow speed would be negated by the ground-slam.

I thought no powers was a given. Personally I find her passive a nightmare for movement and muscle memory.

Archived