Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't type letter 'v' in chat.

Twisted_Wisdom

Only in warframe, every so often (its erratic) when i type letter v in chat, whatever i have  copied of text on computer will get pasted into chat, not ctrl+v, just 'v'.
Means i cant type anything with the letter v in it in chat or i have to keep deleting what's typed.
Have no idea how to stop this from happening, no idea what causes it. Changing keybinds doesn't fix it.

Warframe thinks you're pressing Ctrl+V. If you have something in the clipboard, Warframe will paste that into the text box. Pressing arrows in that "stuck Ctrl" state results in asterisks.

I couldn't find any solution to this. I just restart the game.

Windows has a an accessibility feature to help people with motor skill issues that might not be able to hold CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT and a letter at the same time. It is called Sticky Keys. With earlier versions of Windows I know it was easy to accidentally turn it on because you were holding down one of these keys while playing a game, especially if it was windowed instead of fullscreen. I'd check that you didn't get yours turned on.

In the windows search box, look for "sticky keys" and then choose "Make keyboard easier to use" and check on the settings.

Archived