Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you need to rank up Kuva/Lich weapons to level 40?

Nailclipper

To this day I still don't get why people feel the need to rank up their Kuva weapons to level 40 and some criticized DE for that decision even though it's easier to mod these weapons because of the mechanic involved (you need less formas for a full build on them).

There are only 2 possible scenarios which make sense to me:

• You are afraid that MR 31 and beyond would require more lvl 40 items to achieve
  • You are a completionist
  • I'm too dumb to see the obvious and I can't count

Remove the MR aspect of it, make it a simple "effort for modding freedom" mechanic, and watch 99% of complainers go silent.

Also, apply this mechanic, no mastery attached, to all upgraded weapons (vandals, prime, wraith, etc), in order to make them more valuable. This second thought is unlikely due to a number of reasons, but I'd still like my Opticor and Supra Vandals to reach kuva weapon levels of modding freedom. And I somehow doubt there'll be corpus lich version of them.

If DE wants us to spend 5 forma on weapons, make more weapons that we'll naturally want to spend 5 forma on. Opticor Vandal was pretty cool... I put some forma in that!

Kuva Seer... seriously? It might be a more powerful Kuva variant, but it doesn't appeal to me at all!

39 minutes ago, nslay said:

If DE wants us to spend 5 forma on weapons, make more weapons that we'll naturally want to spend 5 forma on. Opticor Vandal was pretty cool... I put some forma in that!

Kuva Seer... seriously? It might be a more powerful Kuva variant, but it doesn't appeal to me at all!

Kuva Seer is actually quite good it is comparable to tombfinger. With the right build it could be better

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

Kuva Seer is actually quite good it is comparable to tombfinger. With the right build it could be better

Sure was an extraordinarily awful experience to rank to 30. So painful, I never want to go through that again by formaing it.

Battacor is like that too. That thing is absolutely awful to rank up initially when you can't fit all the mods. When it's fully forma'd and modded, it can hit like a train and feel a bit more natural.

NOTE: I generally rank all weapons up solo... which means I really use them, not just keep them holstered and passively gain XP in multiplayer games. And Kuva Seer initially isn't fun to use even if it could be made powerful with significant forma investment. It's sure ugly too!

Lastly, that note should hint at my perspective of formaing weapons. Why does Opticor Vandal get forma? Because you can bring an unranked minimally modded Opticor Vandal into the game and just start using it. It feels and handles great (and it looks cool!), and it actually hits hard. This is my benchmark for installing an Orokin Catalyst and forma... it's hard to bring a brand new unranked Kuva Seer into any game mode. It doesn't feel very good to use.

Then there's no real objection to DE putting level 40 items, isn't there?

Coupled with the fact that lvl 40 rank-able items are easier to mod (because applying a forma gives you 2 more capacity, 4 with a potato installed), shouldn't we want DE to bring us more items like this?

3 hours ago, nslay said:

Sure was an extraordinarily awful experience to rank to 30. So painful, I never want to go through that again by formaing it.

Battacor is like that too. That thing is absolutely awful to rank up initially when you can't fit all the mods. When it's fully forma'd and modded, it can hit like a train and feel a bit more natural.

NOTE: I generally rank all weapons up solo... which means I really use them, not just keep them holstered and passively gain XP in multiplayer games. And Kuva Seer initially isn't fun to use even if it could be made powerful with significant forma investment. It's sure ugly too!

Lastly, that note should hint at my perspective of formaing weapons. Why does Opticor Vandal get forma? Because you can bring an unranked minimally modded Opticor Vandal into the game and just start using it. It feels and handles great (and it looks cool!), and it actually hits hard. This is my benchmark for installing an Orokin Catalyst and forma... it's hard to bring a brand new unranked Kuva Seer into any game mode. It doesn't feel very good to use.

pi find kuva seer quite fun except for that recoil

34 minutes ago, Nailclipper said:

Coupled with the fact that lvl 40 rank-able items are easier to mod (because applying a forma gives you 2 more capacity, 4 with a potato installed), shouldn't we want DE to bring us more items like this?

Because they're completely pointless. Not only are most of them mediocre at best, most of them don't need the extra capacity to fit an optimal build.

32 minutes ago, Nailclipper said:

My biggest issue is with how a weapon goes back to rank 0 when you forma something.  I don't enjoy re-leveling an item as I find it to be rather tedious so getting something to level 40, requiring 5 formas which means you level it 6 times ... *sigh*.  If all it did was simply open up the levels after 30, so you stayed at 30 and just had to get 2 levels each time I'd feel better about having more items go to level 40.

5 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

To this day I still don't get why people feel the need to rank up their Kuva weapons to level 40 and some criticized DE for that decision even though it's easier to mod these weapons because of the mechanic involved (you need less formas for a full build on them).

• You are afraid that MR 31 and beyond would require more lvl 40 items to achieve

I think it's pretty much that simple.  A lot of people are really interested in mastering everything, whether they like the the weapon or frame or not.  In this case, if they don't like the weapon, it must just feel like a bunch of extra grind for no good (player-focused) reason.

I do think it would be less unpopular if, like the Paracesis, the extra ranks including another small bonus besides extra capacity.

4 hours ago, nslay said:

Not as extreme as you, but I have a similar philosophy leveling weapons.  I'm gonna guess you ran into big problems with the KSeer largely because of its puny ammo reserve, especially solo.   Slow RoF and projectile probably hurt too, but aren't that unusual.   Did you like leveling Euphona Prime?

I don't know how you felt the  Battacor was in the same category though.  :P  That was a weapon I had an absolute blast leveling.  

7 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

You do not. Unless you care that much about collections, you should only forma lich weapons you use, and only till you have all the mods you want.

9 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

It takes 85 forma if im not mistaken to get all the mastery out of all the kuva weapons + paracesis.

Thats almost 3 months of crafting 1 forma every day or, a lot of 35p forma bundles. And thats assuming you have that many forma blueprints or are willing to farm them

My understanding is right now, at least on console, to be MR 30 you have to have *everything* fully leveled and all the 40 level weapons maxed. 

Yeah i know its not like we *have to be* mr 30 but still. Id gripe less if forma star came back but look how that turned out.

Archived