Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Melee question

AluminumHaste

Sorry I've been gone from Warframe for a long time now, just updated and went to start a mission.

Is quick melee gone now completely? Every time I hit melee it switches to my melee weapon and starts doing combos.....I have to manually switch back to my primary or secondary.

This feels awful and completely breaks the quick run and gun and slash that made this game my #1 for half a decade at least.

I searched around on reddit and such, but mostly found people talking about the incoming changes and to wait and see. Is there some way to quickly melee something one hit anymore then go right back to shooting?

I'm SURE this question has been answered but I can never find anything with the forum search.

5 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

I'll try the aim thing, thanks.

But ugh. So much more clunky now.

It is much easier than you think. I will use PS buttons since I dunno PC. Square is ranged and circle is melee. Instant no switching. Also aim will switch to ranged. Switching ranged between primary and secondary is triangle.

I use melee and ranged together all the time.

It's fundamentally the same as before, you just have full combo access when you start melee attacking. Blocking has been automated, channeling is replaced by heavy attack on the alt fire, and if you hard equip your melee, your aim key will manually block, i think it might que better projectile deflection, it's kind of a lost feature now.

Archived