Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tridolon Hunts Leechers

Myth0ss

23 hours ago, Myth0ss said:

I've been queueing up for Tridolon Hunts in public. I'm not currently there with my operator exp where I can run these solo. I ALMOST can, but I am missing a few key operator nodes. I am by no means a pro player, and I traditionally run a 2x3 or 3x3 pretty casually. I did however, take the time to research the meta, get the operator schools leveled to a decent level where I can consistently strip shields and one-shot parts with a Chroma / Rubico prime setup (I also take out volt).

Recently, I've noticed a much larger percentage of players who are not prepared(this issue didn't used to be as bad last year). They either don't have an archwing to help gather lures, are on a frame that can't contribute, or have the starter amp. Other times they won't communicate with the group at all. Sometimes they even afk or just run around on the map elsewhere. Specifically, I see a lot of wukongs that contribute 0-2% of the damage in the Tridolon Hunts. I don't really want to enable this behavior, as they will just continue to queue up and possibly ruin someone else's game if there are enough of them. So how do we as a community address this issue without being toxic? Totally random, but does anyone know why wukong is so popular in Tridolon hunts (and to a lesser extent, the whole game)?

So, how do we go about fixing this? I have mixed feelings: On one hand, I try to promote a non-toxic community by providing feedback and suggestions where I can. On the other hand, I feel like certain players aren't interested in getting better or improving, they are only interested in leeching the rewards. Part of the problem, is the chicken and egg scenario of getting operator exp and a better amp. You need Tridolons to get any meaningful operator exp aside from ESO. You also need the rep to build a decent amp. Long-term solution, operator exp needs an overhaul (buffed) so you can get a meaningful amount of exp elsewhere and lenses should be swappable. Short term suggestion is to lock public Tridolon Hunts to rank 14 and require an equipped archwing.

I'm sure some will suggestion to just do them solo, or find a group of friends. Honestly, that's why I like to jump into public games, to meet new people, make friends, ect. I also have a number of friends who do play, but we have different schedules and aren't always available. 

So I'd like to ask the community, do you have any suggestions to help alleviate this issue? What have your experiences been with public Tridolon Hunts?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

23 hours ago, Talinthis said:

just leave. the second i see an excalibur or mesa or something i automatically assume they have no idea what the #*!% they are even doing.

Don't be so quick to judge. You might be playing with someone who is good with Excalibur.

If they are MR 3 then yeah you're right... but there are definitely some high-end excals running tridolons effectively.

On 2020-11-15 at 9:12 PM, Myth0ss said:

I've been queueing up for Tridolon Hunts in public. I'm not currently there with my operator exp where I can run these solo. I ALMOST can, but I am missing a few key operator nodes. I am by no means a pro player, and I traditionally run a 2x3 or 3x3 pretty casually. I did however, take the time to research the meta, get the operator schools leveled to a decent level where I can consistently strip shields and one-shot parts with a Chroma / Rubico prime setup (I also take out volt).

Recently, I've noticed a much larger percentage of players who are not prepared(this issue didn't used to be as bad last year). They either don't have an archwing to help gather lures, are on a frame that can't contribute, or have the starter amp. Other times they won't communicate with the group at all. Sometimes they even afk or just run around on the map elsewhere. Specifically, I see a lot of wukongs that contribute 0-2% of the damage in the Tridolon Hunts. I don't really want to enable this behavior, as they will just continue to queue up and possibly ruin someone else's game if there are enough of them. So how do we as a community address this issue without being toxic? Totally random, but does anyone know why wukong is so popular in Tridolon hunts (and to a lesser extent, the whole game)?

So, how do we go about fixing this? I have mixed feelings: On one hand, I try to promote a non-toxic community by providing feedback and suggestions where I can. On the other hand, I feel like certain players aren't interested in getting better or improving, they are only interested in leeching the rewards. Part of the problem, is the chicken and egg scenario of getting operator exp and a better amp. You need Tridolons to get any meaningful operator exp aside from ESO. You also need the rep to build a decent amp. Long-term solution, operator exp needs an overhaul (buffed) so you can get a meaningful amount of exp elsewhere and lenses should be swappable. Short term suggestion is to lock public Tridolon Hunts to rank 14 and require an equipped archwing.

I'm sure some will suggestion to just do them solo, or find a group of friends. Honestly, that's why I like to jump into public games, to meet new people, make friends, ect. I also have a number of friends who do play, but we have different schedules and aren't always available. 

So I'd like to ask the community, do you have any suggestions to help alleviate this issue? What have your experiences been with public Tridolon Hunts?

I never knew people actually just go into public lobbies for eidolons . From day one when it was just teralyst I always tried recruit chat . 

I join into the 3x3 caps every once in a while in public games for testing stuff out on a rare occasion but mostly I will stick to the snipers modded for radiation. Far as the frames go I like testing out different ones and can probably go with saying some people take wukong because he can either go cloud walker and ignore the eidelon waves when a weak point is destroyed and he has his own set of free revives basically from his passive so he has a lot of survival in the event of a forget to swap to operator situation or any of those acid pools from the last one of the group, personally I like using an assimilate nyx and letting the shield take it all, not a normal frame to take in but I also tend to use the vazarin school and spend more time keeping an eye on and healing the lures in the event the public group has no trinity with it, though this is normally the case only when I feel like trying out a new weapon to see how well it works, if I know I am not going to be doing the damage part well I swap roles and focus on making sure that we don't lose the lures.

Yes the meta setups allow for maximum reward but sometimes its more fun trying something new or experimenting with something else other than the meta which for my purpose I don't even try to follow, I prefer finding somethings that works for me when I get tired of using a sniper rifle.

We will meet all kinds of people when we do a public game, some of us like to be hard core, some lazy, and other take a more relaxed approach, we can't control the rest of the group but we can at least find a way to get the job done even if there are complications that come from queing in public.

3 hours ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

I never knew people actually just go into public lobbies for eidolons . From day one when it was just teralyst I always tried recruit chat . 

I don't know, I got most of my arcanes from pubbing it. With only getting 2x3 max if I was lucky. I'd leave the group if there wasn't a healer class and roll again. 

The few arcanes I didn't get from Eidolons I got from raids.

There should be a requirement for tagging the bounty tho. It's not normal that people with mote amps for example can tag in there. Also when doing eidolons episodically it is often more time efficient to just yolo tag. If you can solo hydrolist it's np, worst case you have to deal with few non factors players, host migrations or have to leave because someone is derping on the altar but that's it. It's marginally better on average than playing solo, and it carries people so why not.

Tridolon pubs been always like that, you are lucky if you get a decent team. And nothing you can do about it since DE refused to put any requirement on tridolon bounty, like having an amp for a start (those who are new and need to rank up Quills should just run Terry to learn and to get cores).  I assume vet players been quitting the game - or simply not running eidolons anymore, since everyone got full sets of everything from that event. Thats why you get more inexperienced new players in pubs. 

So you only have few options - leave the squad if you see useless players or only run premades.

This is why I stopped doing public runs, most people dont bother learning how to play it beforehand they just join in blind with their excalibur umbra like with any other content, and too often you end up losing because of that. Teaching them on the fly isnt really an option either because you have a time limit which honestly should be removed, and if they have useless frame and weapons for the hunt its already lost cause for that round. Not to mention very often they wont even reply on the chat. 

Eidolon hunts should be removed from the bounty screen and moved somewhere else where you cant "accidently" join them thinking its just casual bounty like the rest. Like, I dunno, maybe move it to Quills inside the cave or some other special npc in cetus. 

That being said, Im also by no means a pro eidolon hunter but at least I went through the effort of looking through some guides first. Actually there should be a tutorial for them in game BEFORE you can even join the actual hunts, but then again thats true for many other gamemodes but this game isnt great at explaining anything. 

Archived