Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Mods QOL

(PSN)Grand_Sheba

I noticed how some Augment mods like conductor and anchored glide are labeled as Exilus mods and the majority are not. Can we just have them all as Exilus mods?  I feel this quality of life is long overdue and seeing how its being utilized for Mesa, Sayrn, Octavia and others i feel this would be very useful for all frames.

Augments are not necessarily exilus mods. Exilus mods (with only a few exceptions) are relegated to specific mods that affect movement. 

There are a couple of augments that would work as exilus mods but it is completely inappropriate for all augment mods to be exilus mods.

53 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Augments are not necessarily exilus mods. Exilus mods (with only a few exceptions) are relegated to specific mods that affect movement. 

There are a couple of augments that would work as exilus mods but it is completely inappropriate for all augment mods to be exilus mods.

Please elaborate on why it would be completely inappropriate for all augment mods to become exilus mods.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

Please elaborate on why it would be completely inappropriate for all augment mods to become exilus mods.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

The first part of my comment explained why....

Exilus mods are utility mods that, with only a few exceptions, are related specifically to movement. Most augments are simply not movement-related or utility mods.

Can you make a justifiable reason that augments be considered exilus, outside of simply wanting them to be?

Because DE has already started making Exilus mods and Augment mods that do not fit that mold which is why i thought to consider having all augment mods in the category. Exilus has power mods, cosmetic mods, sensory mods, augment mods, rang mods. defensive mods. counter mods, and misc. mods. As for the movement related mods, do those mods not augment the warframes movement? For example Toxic flight and fire walker give a warframes ability to bullet jump and augmented passive ability on use that creates a status effect. Kavats grace and heavy impact augments a warframes landing. Anchored Glide and Controlled Slide augment a warframes passives while these 2 are also labeled as augment mods. none of these Exilus mods that focus on ability stats (range, power, casting speed, ect.) change the value over 15% while the others enhance an ability with a secondary and some time 3rd ability.  

To your point about "Exilus mods are utility mods that are related specifically to movement" rolling guard should also be counted as an Exilus mod. Though its not which raises a question on what is truly the qualification for a utility mod? But if we go to the lore of the game then we can look at the Natah quest line where its revealed that Exilus was created as a "primordial Forma, an engine for self-manipulation" self-manipulation and self augmentation are interchangeable and lead to the same meaning of self enhancement.

Jumping back out of lore, when looking at the augment mods and Exilus mods we see that they both extend into weapons adding additional utility for both warframes and weapons to improve their functionality. If we take a look at Riven mods they are distinct in that they provide bonuses at a cost of a disposition and are only available for weapons and not warframes. Arcanes are re-active, only activating their bonuses under certain conditions usually at a % chance unlike mods that generally give you one of their bonuses on equip with out a % chance of activation. Aura and stance mods are pretty self explanatory in their uniqueness and can in no way become confused with Augment/Exilus mods. The fact that the category of Augmented Exilus mods already exist leads me to believe that DE is and has already consider the merger for QOL in making modding for efficient space wise. I would like to reinforce that notion by request directly,indicating my acknowledgment of this transition in mod category as well as my approval of it.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

Because DE has already started making Exilus mods and Augment mods that do not fit that mold which is why i thought to consider having all augment mods in the category. Exilus has power mods, cosmetic mods, sensory mods, augment mods, rang mods. defensive mods. counter mods, and misc. mods. As for the movement related mods, do those mods not augment the warframes movement? For example Toxic flight and fire walker give a warframes ability to bullet jump and augmented passive ability on use that creates a status effect. Kavats grace and heavy impact augments a warframes landing. Anchored Glide and Controlled Slide augment a warframes passives while these 2 are also labeled as augment mods. none of these Exilus mods that focus on ability stats (range, power, casting speed, ect.) change the value over 15% while the others enhance an ability with a secondary and some time 3rd ability.  

To your point about "Exilus mods are utility mods that are related specifically to movement" rolling guard should also be counted as an Exilus mod. Though its not which raises a question on what is truly the qualification for a utility mod? But if we go to the lore of the game then we can look at the Natah quest line where its revealed that Exilus was created as a "primordial Forma, an engine for self-manipulation" self-manipulation and self augmentation are interchangeable and lead to the same meaning of self enhancement.

Jumping back out of lore, when looking at the augment mods and Exilus mods we see that they both extend into weapons adding additional utility for both warframes and weapons to improve their functionality. If we take a look at Riven mods they are distinct in that they provide bonuses at a cost of a disposition and are only available for weapons and not warframes. Arcanes are re-active, only activating their bonuses under certain conditions usually at a % chance unlike mods that generally give you one of their bonuses on equip with out a % chance of activation. Aura and stance mods are pretty self explanatory in their uniqueness and can in no way become confused with Augment/Exilus mods. The fact that the category of Augmented Exilus mods already exist leads me to believe that DE is and has already consider the merger for QOL in making modding for efficient space wise. I would like to reinforce that notion by request directly,indicating my acknowledgment of this transition in mod category as well as my approval of it.

Good luck with your quest to get this changed.

johnny depp salute GIF

Archived