Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any real reason for conclave to stay in the game?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

18 minutes ago, Genitive said:

The last major update for conclave that was not fixes or balance changes was 3 years ago. The dedicated servers you are talking about were added 4 years ago. It's literally been years since we saw anything substantial or interesting added.

DE even started moving mods from conclave to standard game. This doesn't bode well for its future.

Look how many years took them reach a good point with archwing. Honestly, I doubt they are gonna drop pvp completely, maybe switching with necramech or other stuff we don't know... if players who like it can pay, make their compentences and their sutff and while that doesn't take away resources for critical stuff, I think there is no reason to assume anything actually. Let it be

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Look how many years took them reach a good point with archwing. Honestly, I doubt they are gonna drop pvp completely, maybe switching with necramech or other stuff we don't know... if players who like it can pay, make their compentences and their sutff and while that doesn't take away resources for critical stuff, I think there is no reason to assume anything actually. Let it be

They haven't reached it yet (but it is better than it used to be) and they are going to remove archwing nodes from the star chart, so there's that. The thing with archwing is that they want to center the game around it and railjack eventually. Conclave is so incredibly niche that they probably don't want to sink more resources into something that most likely won't pay off. Look how lunaro turned out to be. I don't think pvp is beyond saving, but I don't see DE do anything to make it more appealing either.

41 minutes ago, Genitive said:

They haven't reached it yet (but it is better than it used to be) and they are going to remove archwing nodes from the star chart, so there's that. The thing with archwing is that they want to center the game around it and railjack eventually. Conclave is so incredibly niche that they probably don't want to sink more resources into something that most likely won't pay off. Look how lunaro turned out to be. I don't think pvp is beyond saving, but I don't see DE do anything to make it more appealing either.

It's a good point, I have nothing else to add :)

22 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

A few conclave threads have popped up over the days of what to do with the mode and the most suggested thing is deleting the mode and that got me wondering what's the reason to have conclave anymore?

Conclave is the barren wasteland of the game and everyone knows this so why is it still here? DE has already demonstrated they'll take out content due to low engagement with raids and conclave is a thrilling simulation of what's it's like to stare at a empty lobby. And conclave never was popular to begin with which should be expected cause warframe is a PVE game.

Most of the rewards in conclave as demonstrated with this season's nightwave can be fitted into the main game, hell i bet not until this nightwave people didn't know about those warframe augments. There's weapon stances rotting in the conclave right now and they could really good stances but no one knows.

What content do you enjoy? If I don't like it can I have it removed?

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Eh, Conclave can and should stay in the game because there are people who like it. That simple. It's doing no harm, people enjoy it, and it's not taking huge resources for DE to maintain.

It's honestly hard to confirm or deny this. 

Arguably people are being assigned to a task of balancing new stuff specifically for a mode that the vast majority of people don't seem to care about when a lot of areas in the game need love. (arguably plenty of these areas require a different set of skills so it's not easy to make an accurate assessment from the outside) 

There are a lot of contradicting arguments in this thread. Which make this extremely speculative. 

Most people don't really mind it being there if it has no impact on their experience, as long as you don't try to shoehorn them into it. 

Raids also had a small community that really loved doing it, but DE decided to can it as it was apparently consuming a lot of resources to appeal to a small demographic. 

Since we don't know the exact reasoning and DE seems to have some ambivalence in their decision making processes nobody can say for sure. 

2 hours ago, GNDZer0 said:

It's honestly hard to confirm or deny this. 

Anyone who has decided to keep up with conclave can easily confirm that post.

Arguably people are being assigned to a task of balancing new stuff specifically for a mode that the vast majority of people don't seem to care about when a lot of areas in the game need love. (arguably plenty of these areas require a different set of skills so it's not easy to make an accurate assessment from the outside) 

There is nobody working on pvp balance so far, proof of it is how DE had decided to remove all new weapons that "slip into it" (the words used when something gets removed already say a lot) instead of rebalancing them for the mode to let them stay.

Back in the day, @[DE]joebuckused to be focused on conclave related stuff (he even made a roadmap thread for it), he had a very good sense of balance and was an amazing person to have doing that. He eventually got moved to work on core mechanics (he's the one behind Dual Wielding glaives + guns, an amazing system imo) and currently seems to be working on the creation and balance of new weapons (he's also responsible from weapons like the Larkspur, and wouldn't be surprised if he also was the one behind new weapon gimmicks and of making nearly all new stuff as close as possible to a sidegrade of old weapons).

@[DE]Aidanand @[DE]Saskeused to work on it as well, mostly focused on community management and bugfixes, they were both doing a really good work there until they disappeared completely.

The game mode remains rather stable, however, without anyone actually working on it we've had bugs tied to specific weapons or combos going unfixed for very long times despite being reported quickly, like Telos Boltace ragdolling players since The Old Blood update (slightly over a year ago), electric procs stacking on themselves under certain conditions (since the last status rework early this year), or several weapons having their PvP damage swapped for their minimum PvE falloff damage (which is still too much for conclave standards and has been ongoing from somewhere around the status rework as well), so matches can still be quite enjoyable until someone joins and starts abusing one of these bugs on purpose.

There are a lot of contradicting arguments in this thread. Which make this extremely speculative. 

That's mostly for having no official info on the matter + people maliciously creating and spreading misinformation which gets parroted by people with no idea, mostly a way to preserve the current statu quo.

Most people don't really mind it being there if it has no impact on their experience, as long as you don't try to shoehorn them into it.

Which is the current scenario, however, there are a couple of very selfish people who want it removed ONLY to get access to its rewards with no need to ever play it and disregard how the mode and its rewards have no actual impact on their experience.

Raids also had a small community that really loved doing it, but DE decided to can it as it was apparently consuming a lot of resources to appeal to a small demographic. 

Indeed, basically too much investment for little pay off, minimal return on investment, however you want to call it.

Since we don't know the exact reasoning and DE seems to have some ambivalence in their decision making processes nobody can say for sure. 

As pointed above, conclave is just there despite having no resources invested on it. Investing nothing on a gamemode (or even as little as removing stuff that's released without a balance pass) and still having a community built around it becomes a positive return on investment no matter how you look at it.

With that in mind, i think it should be easy to realize that the decision of removing raids and keeping conclave makes a lot of sense from a business point of view, no matter how much some people hate it.

Simple reason is some player enjoys pvp. I would like to do it sometimes too if it was developed more and tested in more ways. Most of the reasons why not played too often is the peer to peer. No one likes to play laggy pvp and usually you will meet with low internet profile players.

Also the game mode itself is not broken and if it is in the game for long time then it is fine. If you not like a game mode that not means it should go. Let it live and move on.

Archived