Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any real reason for conclave to stay in the game?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

8 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Conclave is a great PvP mode for high skill players. Unfortunately, the devs forgot to add skill-based matchmaking and the reward structure strongly incentivized farming new players instead of fighting against your equals. That's a big oops! So, the state of Warframe PvP currently is:

High skill players fight each other in conclave, usually in private matches.

Low skill players fight each other in the forums.

Wow conclave players are tryhards when it comes to sound cool, it's like someone bragging about really cool car then you find out it's micro machine, sad. also replace """high skilled"""" with the sweat that you smell thru the screen.

Also bragging about being good in conclave is sad like you suck at other pvps that much that you pick one that's know for being empty so you can brag cause no one gonna bother checking 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Wow conclave players are tryhards when it comes to sound cool, it's like someone bragging about really cool car then you find out it's micro machine, sad. also replace """high skilled"""" with the sweat that you smell thru the screen.

Also bragging about being good in conclave is sad like you suck at other pvps that much that you pick one that's know for being empty so you can brag cause no one gonna bother checking 

What's sad is your reaction to his post. You sound angry over something.....

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Everyone has bad days, I hope yours gets better :)

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Could you point in a teddy bear where did an evil conclave player hurt you?

1 minute ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

4 years since lunaro's failed attempt to revitalize a well i would say dead horse, maggots? Pile of dust?

And if there's hypothetically an update in the future, even a small one, then you'll be wrong, so.....are you aware that you can be wrong? 

You seem to want access to some of stances in conclave, so it's odd you just decided the solution was to completely delete conclave for your own smaller, benefit. 

Don't you think it would make the slightest bit more sense to either advocate for letting more conclave mods be used in PvE, or some other solution? 

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Fair, but wrong kind of broken.

When I say broken I mean 'mechanically unplayable', in that it's bugged out to hell to a point where it can't be played.

You mean to tell me you haven't met those $&*^heads who like to glitch into unreachable areas where they can take easy potshots at you and you literally cannot fight back because you can't see them? That sounds pretty broken, and it's a main reason I stay away. Alot of people like to glitch just to win an abandoned game mode, its absolutely pathetic.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

You mean to tell me you haven't met those $&*^heads who like to glitch into unreachable areas where they can take easy potshots at you and you literally cannot fight back because you can't see them? That sounds pretty broken, and it's a main reason I stay away. Alot of people like to glitch just to win an abandoned game mode, its absolutely pathetic.

I haven't played in a while so it might be new, but no. I've seen some people who camp out in hard-to-reach areas that are only arguably within bounds but they're also usually tunnel-visioned snipers, so adequate measures like some stealth can usually deal with them.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I haven't played in a while so it might be new, but no. I've seen some people who camp out in hard-to-reach areas that are only arguably within bounds but they're also usually tunnel-visioned snipers, so adequate measures like some stealth can usually deal with them.

It is by no means a new thing from my experience. Not everyone does it, but I can't play a certain corpus map at all because of stupid out of bounds stuff like that, and to me it needs fixing...bad imo.

9 hours ago, Tsoe said:

because some people love pvp?

should be enough as a reaon ..

i am sure more pvp coming in the futur and will give sense to have conclave

Those some people aren't enough to sustain it just like raids. Besides I doubt DE will work on a dead mod. Conclave sucked in 2017. It sucks even now in 2020.

1 hour ago, Sevek7 said:

Conclave is a great PvP mode for high skill players. Unfortunately, the devs forgot to add skill-based matchmaking and the reward structure strongly incentivized farming new players instead of fighting against your equals. That's a big oops! So, the state of Warframe PvP currently is:

If high skill players, or players serious about doing conclave, are relegated to private matches— Then what purpose does having a Conclave mode actually even serve?

You comments, witty as they are, actually just support the notion that PvP can just as easily go back to the dojo room it originally came from and not a player would be lost in the process.

DE could literally make the conclave areas part of the Dojo's Obstacle Course/Free Room functionality similar to the X-Men's Danger Room.

A "Danger Room" setup (whether pvp or bots), truth told, sounds way more fun than the current iteration. 

Normally i would be vehemently against any kind of PvP and would encourage the developers to remove every trace of it, but since in warframe PvP is its own thing that doesn't screw over PvE players, it doesn't matter to me, and as long as it stays that way, i can continue ignoring it.

Although reading through the post on this thread, it's pretty funny when people say "it's balanced" and then when someone says it isn't, they say "i meant it isn't buggy". On the forums of other games, PvP players always say "PvE balance doesn't matter, so just deal with the PvP balance changes that screw over PvE players" so why do you people pretend "balance" means something different in warframe? Come on now...

1 hour ago, Sevek7 said:

Funny that you say that since as far as i have seen, most but not all PvP players are adamant that the only way to enjoy PvP is to invade new players and gank the S#&$ out of them with OP equipment. note that i said most, not all. As you say, people who enjoy actual PvP and want challenge play privately with other people who they know will enjoy it too. The public PvP thing is just the usual BS and the reason why it is despised by many.

Is there any real reason to remove it? Its existence isn't actively nor passively harming you, anyone else, or even the game itself. Or at the very least is contributing no more harm than any other part of the game that has gone forgotten or untouched by most players.

You just want the rewards, we get it, plenty of people just want their generic reskins of a handful of weapons and move on. But pulling the rewards out of Conclave has absolutely nothing to do with scrapping Conclave itself.

Conclave is really just another forgotten part of the game that has long held the potential to be a great addition. As well to some players it even achieved that potential only to lose it over time to direct and indirect updates to its content, not unlike what happened over time to most of the base game's core. And to scrap it just for being unpopular is no different than scrapping any base mode, map, or gear where taking it out is just removing content for other players because you don't like seeing it.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Normally i would be vehemently against any kind of PvP and would encourage the developers to remove every trace of it, but since in warframe PvP is its own thing that doesn't screw over PvE players, it doesn't matter to me, and as long as it stays that way, i can continue ignoring it.

Although reading through the post on this thread, it's pretty funny when people say "it's balanced" and then when someone says it isn't, they say "i meant it isn't buggy". On the forums of other games, PvP players always say "PvE balance doesn't matter, so just deal with the PvP balance changes that screw over PvE players" so why do you people pretend "balance" means something different in warframe? Come on now...

Funny that you say that since as far as i have seen, most but not all PvP players are adamant that the only way to enjoy PvP is to invade new players and gank the S#&$ out of them with OP equipment. note that i said most, not all. As you say, people who enjoy actual PvP and want challenge play privately with other people who they know will enjoy it too. The public PvP thing is just the usual BS and the reason why it is despised by many.

Can you higlight the word "balanced" on the next comments?

10 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Raids weren't removed because of low engagement, they were removed because they constantly bugged and had low engagement. In other words, they cost a lot and rewarded little.

Conclave just kind of exists. It has a seperate team that doesn't work on the PvE modes AFAIK, and it's generally not broken. It costs them nothing to keep it in the game, and whilst it's certainly neither easy to get into, or particularly populated, it's still a decently fun time. There's honestly no reason to remove it. Honestly, the stances aren't that great, 90% of it is just PvE animations without any of the upsides.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Fair, but wrong kind of broken.

When I say broken I mean 'mechanically unplayable', in that it's bugged out to hell to a point where it can't be played.

I hightlighted broken for ya ;)

1 hour ago, kevoisvevo said:

Those some people aren't enough to sustain it just like raids. Besides I doubt DE will work on a dead mod. Conclave sucked in 2017. It sucks even now in 2020.

That's your subjective opinion. 

And conclave has been here, so clearly it's sustainable enough. Raids were a buggy mess, just as another person pointed out. So it wasn't solely because less people played it.

9 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Broken in the sense of bugs, not balance. Conclave is very stable and the most annoying thing for players was the lag and the absence of other players, wich is almsot fixed with the dedicated servers because those players are the one supporting their own community, wich is actually amazing.

Lunaro still has plenty of bugs tied to FPS and the melee system, not to mention netcode problems. I won't advocate for removing anything from Warframe, but I won't pretend Conclave is stable. It simply isn't. Venari one-shotting for a limited time or Telos Boltace still being absurdly broken is in fact a bug. Conclave frequently has problems from unrelated updates to the main game. Shield Gating being one of them.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

A few conclave threads have popped up over the days of what to do with the mode and the most suggested thing is deleting the mode and that got me wondering what's the reason to have conclave anymore?

Conclave is the barren wasteland of the game and everyone knows this so why is it still here? DE has already demonstrated they'll take out content due to low engagement with raids and conclave is a thrilling simulation of what's it's like to stare at a empty lobby. And conclave never was popular to begin with which should be expected cause warframe is a PVE game.

Most of the rewards in conclave as demonstrated with this season's nightwave can be fitted into the main game, hell i bet not until this nightwave people didn't know about those warframe augments. There's weapon stances rotting in the conclave right now and they could really good stances but no one knows.

Definitely my issue with it is just not been able to find a game. Several years ago i was able to get to rank 3. But that was it, now here in Australia you just can't get games and haven't been able to for a very long time. 

We almost had a solution but one twitter conclave tryhard that DE listened to kinda stopped that with universal medallions working on conclave.

Now alot of us are just stuck waiting for DE to delcare it dead and allow another way to earn the rewards. My hope is Steel Path via Teshin. Let me pay with Steel Essences and riven silvers atleast then i have some way to get them lol.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It was scrapped basically, People didn't like the way they were going to do it so...

And even today, everyday I see players requesting for new Umbra frames in regional chat multiple times a day... seems like many want it. I think player who only want it on Excal is the biggest concern. And yet this is the reason why Wukong's Celestial Twin is the reason why he is one of the top used frames in game. Odd how hypocritical the community is.

18 hours ago, vanaukas said:

How improving code, adding new weapons to the mode everytime,adding dedicated servers aren't updates? Like, seriously, if youa re going to dismiss that kind of stuff, why even make a thread, just to look for validation or what? Because there is no point on starting a discussion with that mindset...

The last major update for conclave that was not fixes or balance changes was 3 years ago. The dedicated servers you are talking about were added 4 years ago. It's literally been years since we saw anything substantial or interesting added.

DE even started moving mods from conclave to standard game. This doesn't bode well for its future.

Archived