Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Censor all blacklisted words

(XBOX)Shadowz7866

I am suggesting the implementation of censoring all blacklisted words/phrases, this will remove the hassle of suspending players and remove the possibility of a misunderstanding of context in terms of punishment and thus removing the possibility of innocent players getting punished whereas as those who do mention any blacklisted words cannot cause any harm. 

5 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Or, and hear me out, people learn not to spam, meme, insult others in chat atleast?

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlade7866 said:

thus removing the possibility of innocent players getting punished

More than a few people get banned for typos, obscure words, phrases or commonly accepted terms from other media.  This is probably also due to the fact that a lot of other big games that people come from have competent reporting systems with support staff or automatic detection systems capable of taking on such a workload. 

Onto OP: 

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlade7866 said:

this will remove the hassle of suspending players ... those who do mention any blacklisted words cannot cause any harm. 

Phrases can still easily be harmful through context. I'm sure you can think of a few on your own. If you honestly can't think of a sentence where censoring or bleeping a single word can still give you an accurate idea of what that single word is, you shouldn't be suggesting changes to the moderation system. Simple censorship isn't enough, as that's why the profanity filter already exists yet we still have suspensions for typing specific things. 

Archived