General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Sortie Valefor Defense Mission bug

TEDD1995

So while doing the defense mission Valefor where you need to protect the target for 10 waves, We failed 3 times because the target would walk out of bounds of the map and teleport to different places eventually ending up under the map and failing the mission.. highly annoying and even more infuriating 1 fail came on the 9th wave of the defense so I wasted 30 mins with 3 other guys trying to block the moving target so it doesn't fall out of bounds and fail us the mission. Please fix this or can it be omitted from the sortie so it doesn't have to be encountered. 

I also had this bug once yesterday,we went to 6 waves no problem,the target stood on some ice/snow and fell through it making us fail the mission,also during that mission,for some reason the target was going to the edges of the map like it was trying to escape from the map,on my 2nd try,the target this time went into the cave and was there the whole mission,while we were doing the mission we got two host migrations almost in a row,after the first host migration,the counter showing the number of waves left froze for me and showed the same number,after the 2nd host migration,the counter refreshed but was still stuck,it changed the number but wouldnt change with decreasing waves,With two of us it was difficult,but for some reason the target decided to stay in there while we did all the killing,making the mission somewhat easy

Bring Loki and use switch teleport and move the target past the corridor where you started, haven't had him despawn on that side yet. Don't teleport him too much if your latency is bad though, may also cause mission to fail.

The despawn glitch has been in the game for a long as I've played (several years now) so I don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon, seems DE almost never fixes old content so have to find workarounds.

Archived