Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat genetic code

Crabopoulos-Michael

Question

Hey all, hope someone can help me here

Yesterday I was doing derelict vault runs, I equipped the heliocor expecting to get some kavat gen codes while at it but couldn't get a single one. I did like 8 runs and killed around 30-40 of them, I even used the synthesis scanner on the last 10 or so just to see if the problem was the hammer but nothing, not a single code.

Is this even normal? I have built Khora before and I don't remember this part being so hard.

20 answers to this question

12 hours ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

• The Heliocor can obtain Kavat Genetic Codes if it kills Feral Kavats. This helps greatly with speeding up the genetic material needed to make a Kavat companion as long as the slow swing speed is managed accordingly.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Good, So the hammer works then! I wonder if there's a bug or something because in the past with just the scanner, solo and no boosters I'd normally get 1 code per run, 2 or 0 on rare occasions but never a streak of 8 runs with nothing. I haven't tried again tbh, I'm in no rush so I'll wait for a booster.

Thanks all!

Never fully trust the wiki.

I forget if the vanilla heliocor even gives scans or if it is the syndicate one. It's been awhile since I played with each version of the weapon. I haven't been able to get scans from it. But I mentioned per my testing for just this reason. I am going to test it further, though I really suspect it doesn't do it.

I would advise against it anyway, OP. No chance at double scans and no boost from resource boosters, I think. Also, take all attack mods off a smeeta and bring them with with charm. Cat buffs can give you more scans. Equip the smeeta with territorial aggression as well and it will create a wide ring of its energy color if Kavats are around the area.

Do captures for this, not exterminates. Exterminates have grineer and their pets will trigger territorial aggression even though the animals aren't wild. Captures are Corpus, so no living animals but the feral kavats.

You can get more codes from the widget, but the way it works now, KaliVazsquez did the math and believes you end up with an 11% chance of that double scan from the widget.

To quote her:

Spoiler

"I've been thinking about the undocumented changes to Cross-Matrix widget... my theory is that before the update that buffed kavat codes, the widget worked like a one-time resource booster. 

That means, if you scanned a thing and  the widget proc'd, the resource you got from it was doubled. However, now I think it's working more like a "two scans at the same time" sort of thing. It means that if the widget activates, it gives you another chance at rolling a dice with whatever odds of getting kavat codes you're dealing with.

Base odds of getting a kavat code is 25%, odds of widget activating - 45%.... but when it does activate, you basically do another scan with the same odds - 25% for a kavat code. That means you have 25% of getting 1 code, or (and) 45%*25%=11.25% of getting 2 codes if you have the widget…

...should add that both "25% for 1 code" and "11.25% for 2 codes" can't happen separately, so to say… if you get 0 codes but the widget triggers, you still get 0 codes"

You could technically, (based on my math) get 16 codes in one scan, Maybe 32 with the widget firing at the same time. I know I got 16 steel essence with a triple cat buff. and yes, resource boosters count, and I believe drop chance do as well, now that the potential for codes is based on the player scanning (it is possible for you to get a code but no one else in your group will) This was added in a good while back. They overhauled how the scanning works. But the chances without a smeeta and resource boosters is only roughly 10%.

Here's the section of my guide to Kavats that has the gene farming info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/130VJsw1-010HEppxbGssjrngCqbOoiKSlBwhO8540AA/edit#bookmark=id.mj9uzlbctw5r

hace 8 horas, SpicyDinosaur dijo:

The heliocor doesn't give you any Kavat gene codes. It gives you a scan, but those scans, at least based on my testing, have 0 chance at a code.

Damn! I read in some post that using the Heliocor was a good idea, I actually built it just for that reason 😂.  Beats my mind why it doesn't tho, u get the scans but not the codes ... DE's logic I guess. Thanks mate, at least I wont waste more time with the hammer.

hace 7 horas, Butterfly85 dijo:

its advisable to equip the widget that gives you a chance of getting two items from a single scan.

I have this one equipped too, but I think u still get only 1 code. I'll confirm.

Il y a 12 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

Ahh it was changed after I wrote the guide, and then I didn't see the change. Thank you so much! I want to be accurate if at all possible.

You're welcome ^^ It's hard to keep track of changes and fixes, I had it on bookmark since a clanmate asked me about it recently :)

57 minutes ago, BeeM said:

Changes:

• Increased chance of Kavat scans yielding Genetic Codes to 25% and made drop chance/amount Boosters apply to all scans that yield Resources.

From my own experience I had approximately 50 Genetic Codes for 250 scans (20%), without any boosters.

Ahh it was changed after I wrote the guide, and then I didn't see the change. Thank you so much! I want to be accurate if at all possible.

Edit: the guide actually does say 25%. I found a confusing part though that talks about a base bonus 10% chance. I need to figure out wtf I meant by that. Pretty bad not to understand something I wrote. >__>

Either way, I put the link you gave me as a footnote, so it can be referenced in case it comes up again.

Il y a 2 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

Edit: I am positive the base chance is 10% but I've noticed some people are saying it's 25%. Is there any documentation anyone can think about for either? I checked my guide and I didn't footnote it, so now I am wondering.

Changes:

• Increased chance of Kavat scans yielding Genetic Codes to 25% and made drop chance/amount Boosters apply to all scans that yield Resources.

From my own experience I had approximately 50 Genetic Codes for 250 scans (20%), without any boosters.

On 2020-11-17 at 5:05 AM, Butterfly85 said:

Re Synthesis scanner, its advisable to equip the widget that gives you a chance of getting two items from a single scan.

Failing that, if you haven't done Sands of Inaros, there's a section in the quest where you run into 30 or so Wild Kavats that you can scan for codes.

Lacking the heliocor and the widget I mentioned, I had to reset to running survival missions as theres a good chance of a pack of kavats spawning in the starting room. Scan them, if they gave a code I'd do 5 minute survival and leave. If no cats or codes, abort and repeat.

To stun them I used Limbo. With no power strength mods cataclysm isn't strong enough to kill and Stasis stops the kavats so easy scans.

I also use Limbo. High range and high duration to grab as many cats as possible. I can't remember if my range or duration is higher, but they are both important.

Keep in mind, OP, the Kavats look completely invisible since the change, which completely screwed up using the ballistica prime with a fully charged kill to make a ghost of the Kavat that can also be scanned for codes. Now you have to be even faster and hope you can follow the steps a invisible on spawn kavat is making. Since it's counted as an ally CC won't work either. Might as well bring it though and try.

Edit: I am positive the base chance is 10% but I've noticed some people are saying it's 25%. Is there any documentation anyone can think about for either? I checked my guide and I didn't footnote it, so now I am wondering.

Thanks for the guide mate! very informative. I actually don't have pets yet so this will definitely be very handy later on. As I said, I'm in no rush for the codes now since I just want them for a second Khora to subsume, I'll just wait till I get a booster and try again with Nova or Limbo. Also good tip about the capture mission too 👍

hace 14 horas, _Duffy_ dijo:

I have done many of runs to get the Kavat codes with the Heliocor equiped killing them with the Heliocor will give you genetic codes unless for some reason its different on NSW?

hace 8 horas, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 dijo:

The Heliocor can obtain Kavat Genetic Codes if it kills Feral Kavats. This helps greatly with speeding up the genetic material needed to make a Kavat companion as long as the slow swing speed is managed accordingly.

Good, So the hammer works then! I wonder if there's a bug or something because in the past with just the scanner, solo and no boosters I'd normally get 1 code per run, 2 or 0 on rare occasions but never a streak of 8 runs with nothing. I haven't tried again tbh, I'm in no rush so I'll wait for a booster.

Thanks all!

If you can, bring friends, more people mean more kavats will spawn on groups.

Of course take advantage of ressources/ chance boosters if you got one on login.

Also consider the chance booster on Steel path mission, will stack with normal chance booster.

15 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The heliocor doesn't give you any Kavat gene codes. It gives you a scan, but those scans, at least based on my testing, have 0 chance at a code. 

I've heard someone mention using it on here, but I haven't heard any sort of backing from anyone else who might have tested it. The charged Ballistica Prime ghost can give you extra scans (just kill the kavat with it after you scan it,) but it is bugged, or it's a stealth feature, and the kavat ghost spawns in entirely invisible.

It's honestly hard to get DE to properly care about beast pets. They are all beside themselves to release new ones, but each successive iteration of this interest is tossed aside and quickly discarded. There are serious issues with beast pets that need to be looked at, resolved, what have you, and they are deaf to that.

This is why Kubrow are in the worst position of all the pets. They were the first. 

6 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Damn! I read in some post that using the Heliocor was a good idea, I actually built it just for that reason 😂.  Beats my mind why it doesn't tho, u get the scans but not the codes ... DE's logic I guess. Thanks mate, at least I wont waste more time with the hammer.

I have this one equipped too, but I think u still get only 1 code. I'll confirm.

• The Heliocor can obtain Kavat Genetic Codes if it kills Feral Kavats. This helps greatly with speeding up the genetic material needed to make a Kavat companion as long as the slow swing speed is managed accordingly.

Re Synthesis scanner, its advisable to equip the widget that gives you a chance of getting two items from a single scan.

Failing that, if you haven't done Sands of Inaros, there's a section in the quest where you run into 30 or so Wild Kavats that you can scan for codes.

Lacking the heliocor and the widget I mentioned, I had to reset to running survival missions as theres a good chance of a pack of kavats spawning in the starting room. Scan them, if they gave a code I'd do 5 minute survival and leave. If no cats or codes, abort and repeat.

To stun them I used Limbo. With no power strength mods cataclysm isn't strong enough to kill and Stasis stops the kavats so easy scans.

16 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Yesterday I was doing derelict vault runs, I equipped the heliocor expecting to get some kavat gen codes while at it but couldn't get a single one. I did like 8 runs and killed around 30-40 of them, I even used the synthesis scanner on the last 10 or so just to see if the problem was the hammer but nothing, not a single code.

Is this even normal? I have built Khora before and I don't remember this part being so hard.

I've heard someone mention using it on here, but I haven't heard any sort of backing from anyone else who might have tested it. The charged Ballistica Prime ghost can give you extra scans (just kill the kavat with it after you scan it,) but it is bugged, or it's a stealth feature, and the kavat ghost spawns in entirely invisible.

It's honestly hard to get DE to properly care about beast pets. They are all beside themselves to release new ones, but each successive iteration of this interest is tossed aside and quickly discarded. There are serious issues with beast pets that need to be looked at, resolved, what have you, and they are deaf to that.

This is why Kubrow are in the worst position of all the pets. They were the first. 

14 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

were you using synesthis scanner or codex scanner in your gear wheel

It's all a matter of luck,sadly. The good news, as the user above stated, is that the current drop chance is 25%, which is very good!

This is the setup I recommend for kavat farming, I used to be a breeder and farmed hundreds this way:

-Equinox in night form built for Rest&Rage, since Rest will put them to sleep / Ivara built for Sleep arrow for the same reason

-NO weapon on your sentinel or it will kill them

-optional if you have it Ballistica prime, since it's unique skill is very useful: Killing an enemy with a charged shot creates their ghosts, which can also be scanned and may drop an additional Kavat genetic code

You put the to sleep, scan them, then kill them one by one with Ballistica's charged shot and scan the ghost too.

Archived