Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So how about a Uranus free roam area?

(XBOX)AceKalibur3176

Thoughts...

Sharkwing is pretty bad yo, I would not like an entire landscape dependent on it as it currently works.

The planet on which we do missions is almost certainly not Uranus itself, which is an uninhabitable gas ice giant, but its terraformed, largest water-rich moon. For confusion purposes, that moon’s name is Titania!

I wouldn’t mind an open world section about moving between floating and submersible habitats tho. DE could have entire habs which move around the map on a semi-fixed schedule, that would be cool.

The existing Uranus tile set is my favourite Grineer environment, by far.

3 minutes ago, Scyris said:

I suspect the next open world area will be orokin/corrupted related. We got a Grinner, then a corpus, then a infested, only thing left really is the corrupted faction.

Indeed, the Duviri Paradox. 

Also, why would I want to roam around Uranus? Who knows what you've been sticking in here? 

Honestly... I am a bit tired of open worlds. I am somewhat surprised that DE did not take the Hellgate approach with Deimos. Meaning there is a central "hub" and a few others that are connected through expansive, procedurally generated corridor maps. Basically maybe having some of the larger setpiece elements and areas be a large room to themselves and have them be connected through infested caves that are different every time. 

In some respects, combining the open world tech with our standard gameplay tech. It'd make a lot of sense on Deimos as it is an ever shifting infested flesh-planetoid. And it would potentially be more replayable as the path to any given area or enemy type is never exactly the same. Maybe even with offshoot corridors to other areas. Creating a sort of organic spiderweb of tunnels, caverns, caves and even zero-G, space and underwater areas to reach some landmark. 

Archived