Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Respect & a Deimos Arcana Update Question for [DE] Connor/Devs Support Team

WorldzCollapse

EDIT NOTE: This Thread Topic Has Since Been Moved to the Feedback Forum Here;

--------------------------------------------

Much respect to the Devs and Community Support team for the hard work and commitment to making the game better for us players during a global pandemic and all the stressors and challenges that comes with.

As a person that unfortunately was unable to gain access to the Deimos Arcana Public Test Server/Cluster and its related Feedback Forum, I had a question on my mind that the internet, subreddits, and warframe forums have not been able to answer about the upcoming release.

The Question is as follows:  Currently, Teshin sells 10K Kuva for 15 Steel Essence. Online, I have seen mention and a picture of a post authored by [DE] Connor in the Deimos Arcana Test Server Access Only Feedback Forum that Kuva still will be available via Teshin and as it was stated, "Also, Kuva being gone is not intended, don't worry."  However, I was hoping to find out if the Steel Essence to Kuva conversion factor in Teshin's shop will be the same or if it will be changed. That is, will it be the case that once the Update is released that Teshin will still sell 10k Kuva for 15 Steel Essence, or is that conversion factor being changed? For example, it would be meaningful to know if going forward 10K kuva would cost 30 Steel Essence or if after the update 20k kuva would cost 10 Steel Essence. Simply knowing that Teshin will still be selling Kuva for Steel Essence is helpful information but leaves out some essential information that many of us in the player base would like to know.

Thanks for your time and feedback. And I look forward to the Update!

Well actually i think they probably said that as a buffer to absorb potential balancing on the subject.

They said teshin will still sell it but once its released maybe it will be tweeked as the steel essence drop rate and result are shown. 

The main thing is i personally think it will be the same ^.^ 

16 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

everything shown in the test server is subject to change, possibly the steel essence needed for kuva would be lowered as its significantly slower essence farm with acolytes and dailies only

Slower? Yes. 

Less RNG/more reliable? Also yes. 

29 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

everything shown in the test server is subject to change, possibly the steel essence needed for kuva would be lowered as its significantly slower essence farm with acolytes and dailies only

34 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Well actually i think they probably said that as a buffer to absorb potential balancing on the subject.

They said teshin will still sell it but once its released maybe it will be tweeked as the steel essence drop rate and result are shown. 

The main thing is i personally think it will be the same ^.^ 

Indeed, and thus I presented this forum thread to the relevant devs and/or dev support team in order to try to narrow down at least the range and nature of coming changes as they relate to the SE to Kuva conversion via the Teshin Shop.

I have my own thoughts and predictions as well like you all, but it would be great to get further insight into the thought process and/or decisions from the devs or devs support team.

My thoughts are similar in that it would make sense for the conversion to either stay the same or cost less Steel Essence per 10k kuva given that the amount of Steel Essence will not be farm viable going forward in the ways it is currently. However, if instead the devs are going to go in a different direction and make 10k kuva cost More Steel Essence than 15 SE (which I think is not all that likely but you really never know for sure what decisions they've made or are thinking) it would be great to know before the update release  so that we could make the appropriate decisions in preparation of the release.

I understand a lot is changeable and will be open to change based on the response of the player base and what the devs continue to work on, but this is a change that would be relevant to account for pre-update release especially if there are plans to make Teshin's kuva cost more Steel Essence than it does currently.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Idk, can someone tell me where DE said that steel path was to compete or even replace kuva farms and acquisition?

Because I can't remember this ever being a thing.. last time I checked it wasn't meant to do any of the above.. 

You are right in fact some tenno turned it into that ^.^ 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Idk, can someone tell me where DE said that steel path was to compete or even replace kuva farms and acquisition?

Because I can't remember this ever being a thing.. last time I checked it wasn't meant to do any of the above.. 

The OP wasn't created to argue that DE ever said that Steel Path was intended to compete with or replace other kuva farms/acquisition options. Instead, as stated the OP was created simply to further clarify the nature of upcoming changes to the game. Specifically to clarify and better understand the implications from the statement made in the Deimos Arcana Feedback forum regarding upcoming update changes specifically that Kuva will still be sold by Teshin without necessarily clarifying if the Steel Essence to Kuva Conversion will be the same.

There was no criticism of the upcoming changes or any current in-game mechanics nor was there any maliciousness in the post or claims of what Steel Path was meant to be or not.

4 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

If Kuva is still worth 15 essence after they nerf income with Acolyte spawns, Steel Path is truly dead and not worth considering once you get cosmetics.

Incorrect. If the price is still 15 essence then daily essence missions give enough to purchase one pack of kuva per day. For less than an hour of work. This actually makes obtaining Kuva (through essence) easier for most players. The small group of vocal players  who do endless farming are most impacted but it generally puts everyone on much more equal footing and requires less time investment daily. 

I know ya'll don't like the change but it is what it is. They're not going to be reverting this change. Accept it or not, it is what it is.

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

17 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Incorrect. If the price is still 15 essence then daily essence missions give enough to purchase one pack of kuva per day. For less than an hour of work. This actually makes obtaining Kuva (through essence) easier for most players. The small group of vocal players  who do endless farming are most impacted but it generally puts everyone on much more equal footing and requires less time investment daily. 

I know ya'll don't like the change but it is what it is. They're not going to be reverting this change. Accept it or not, it is what it is.

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

It would be just fine imo if the price was still 15 SE for 10K Kuva. If instead it cost more SE for 10K Kuva like 20 or 25 SE for 10K, that would be a very troublesome change.

The goal of this thread was to get some feedback from DE on whether or not it will stay at 15, go up, or go down in price.

If the SE to Kuva Conversion rate in Teshin's shop stays the same, the changes DE is implementing also have some logic for the general player base as anyone endurance SE farming knew that the rate at which Eximi dropped SE was not going to last long.

Just now, WorldzCollapse said:

It would be just fine imo if the price was still 15 SE for 10K Kuva. If instead it cost more SE for 10K Kuva like 20 or 25 SE for 10K, that would be a very troublesome change.

The goal of this thread was to get some feedback from DE on whether or not it will stay at 15, go up, or go down in price.

If the SE to Kuva Conversion rate in Teshin's shop stays the same, the changes DE is implementing also have some logic for the general player base as anyone endurance SE farming knew that the rate at which Eximi dropped SE was not going to last long.

Kind of pointless to discuss changes to Teshin's prices when there have been no indications that the prices will change. It might and it might not. Better to focus on what is known rather than concern yourself with the unknown. 

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Kind of pointless to discuss changes to Teshin's prices when there have been no indications that the prices will change. It might and it might not. Better to focus on what is known rather than concern yourself with the unknown. 

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

"there have been no indications that the prices will change" ---> asking for clarification on game aspects after a devstream or hotfix or during a test server while numerous things are changing is a basic part of the game change and player base feedback loop.

When the following happens ...

1.) Wide-ranging change is coming to the Economy of the Steel Essence acquisition system (of which I have no issue with),

2.) Change is also coming to Teshin's shop and currently said shop changes don't include Kuva,

3.) The Only available response to players' questions about the missing kuva on the test server was, "Also, Kuva being gone is not intended, don't worry," from a nice member of the dev support team.

I don't see it as pointless to ask a question about coming changes when there are currently numerous players in a test server playing and experimenting with components of the game that are in the process of being changed or already changed, and then those players are asking many questions and providing feedback about what is or isn't going to be upon the live release of deimos arcana.

I've made my peace with the changes and am excited to see many of them; however, it would be cool to know if it would be more beneficial to use my Steel Essence now based on the current SE to Kuva conversion rate, or if it would be more beneficial to wait until the update release, or if there will be no difference between the before and after conversion rates.

3 minutes ago, WorldzCollapse said:

"there have been no indications that the prices will change" ---> asking for clarification on game aspects after a devstream or hotfix or during a test server while numerous things are changing is a basic part of the game change and player base feedback loop.

When the following happens ...

1.) Wide-ranging change is coming to the Economy of the Steel Essence acquisition system (of which I have no issue with),

2.) Change is also coming to Teshin's shop and currently said shop changes don't include Kuva,

3.) The Only available response to players' questions about the missing kuva on the test server was, "Also, Kuva being gone is not intended, don't worry," from a nice member of the dev support team.

I don't see it as pointless to ask a question about coming changes when there are currently numerous players in a test server playing and experimenting with components of the game that are in the process of being changed or already changed, and then those players are asking many questions and providing feedback about what is or isn't going to be upon the live release of deimos arcana.

I've made my peace with the changes and am excited to see many of them; however, it would be cool to know if it would be more beneficial to use my Steel Essence now based on the current SE to Kuva conversion rate, or if it would be more beneficial to wait until the update release, or if there will be no difference between the before and after conversion rates.

As someone who was a part of this process I'm telling you there has been no communication regarding any changes to the prices. No one from the test center will have the answers you're looking for. Unless a representative from DE specifically comes in this thread to answer your question (or if they post something in an announcement or something) your inquiry is unable to be answered.

Even if Teshin will sell kuva with the old price, it will no longer be worth trading for, as value of each SE will dramatically increase.

Right now with proper setup you can get about 200-300 kuva per 90 minutes'ish (heck, even half of it is ALOT). After the rework you'll gain 5x3 (assassination bounties) + maybe 10 (acolytes) a day at best and time invested will be somewhat similar.

so 300/90 versus 25~/90

But in all honesty it's not even just that they had reduced SE gains, but the fact they made another sortie-like system for it. It's yet another to-do list/syndicate'ish farm every f******* day added to our list. Now, pre-SP-rework you can hop in, farm, leave. After rework it's bounties and you have 0 sane ways to farm it beyond bounties. Well you could farm Acolytes but a) they are rare, b) unrewarding, c) don't spawn in every mission (RNG)

It's a terrible system. And no matter what, they will not stand down. Even if feedback will be majorly against, they will still go with ruining SP.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

As someone who was a part of this process I'm telling you there has been no communication regarding any changes to the prices. No one from the test center will have the answers you're looking for. Unless a representative from DE specifically comes in this thread to answer your question (or if they post something in an announcement or something) your inquiry is unable to be answered.

Understood. I def get it man.

Representatives from DE's Quality Assurance and Community Support team have already answered and responded to player questions regarding various aspects of the test server and the upcoming deimos arcana release.

Thus, I thought it would be worth a shot that either they and/or someone who is aware of the communications they have with players in the test cluster feedback forum could provide potential insight as it related to my question.

New information regarding the test cluster as well as test server player's communication with DE-side representatives in the test server feedback forums and in-game comes out every day. To me that meant there could be insights to my question that arise sometime between when I posted my question and the update release. Didn't think there was any downside to creating a thread in order to flush out such info either from a DE forum rep themselves (low probability in my mind) or a test cluster player who happened to be on the forums (higher probability in my mind).

In the end, it is what it is.

Archived