Steel Path changes FeedBack

_M1nt_

Hi, i`d like to start by giving some context before i give my opinions : i`m a MR27 player whom has played for about 4-5 years religiously , i have 4000 steam hours and 2300 gameplay hours in Warframe  and i`ve played Steel Path missions since the release and enjoyed my time doing so.

My  opinion about the Steel Path : in my humble opinion the Steel Path as it is right now on the live server is fine because of the high power level required to farm steel essence , i find it a good thing to finally have a game mode that rewards players for doing endless survivals/defenses/interceptions etc. as the eximus spawn rates increase while the difficulty also increases with enemy levels together with the reward amounts per minute(this is a very good thing as it gives a better reward for more experienced players) , for me this game mode has been a throwback to the golden days of Tower 3/Tower 4 endless missions that used to reward players for staying in for longer periods of time .

Now , i understand what DE is trying to accomplish with the changes that have been tested on the test cluster(i`ve actually tested the changes so i can give my well thought out opinion) : to get a high tier enemy that has a guaranteed drop chance of steel essence(acolytes) that is good and all but for such a system to work it needs to be consistent , for example to test the changes i hopped on  Assur on Uranus(the dark sector survival mission - the place i usually farm steel essence) and in 40 minutes of survival i got 3 acolyte spawns : the first one at about the 4 minute mark , the next one at about the 9 minute mark and the last one at about the 15 minute mark ;which has yielded 6 steel essence w/o a booster and 12 w/ a booster which is absurdly low in my opinion as after the 15th minute mark i didn`t get any steel essence(acolyte spawns)>

Now i`ve given my opinion about the changes , next i`ll list what i would do to make this game mode more rewardy and more consistent and make it in my opinion a way better system:

Choice A: Make an Acolyte spawn at the end of each rotation(5mins of survival/1 wave of disruption/5 waves of def etc.) with a starting 1 steel essence drop/acolyte(so 2 steel essence with a resource booster) and increase the amount per acolyte for every 2 rotations by 1 ( the first 2 acolytes drop 1 steel essence then the next two drop 2 each and so on) and maybe cap this amount at 5/acolyte ; this way you make the drops consistent and you encourage players to stay in for longer in endless missions , now this takes care of the endless missions , but what about the normal(non-endless) missions? simple : give each type of mission a set % chance for an acolyte to spawn , for example : 50% for an exterminate but only a 25-33% chance in a capture mission or something similar.

Choice B : Keep Acolyte spawns the way they are now :a random occurance while playing ; BUT also keep the eximus steel essence drops as again the eximus drops encourage players to play for longer amounts of time because of the better eximus spawn rates after a set amount of time.

Choice C: Make the acolytes spawn after each rotation like in Choice A but fix the steel essence drop to 2/Acolyte ; as for the normal missions do the same as in Choice A

Daily Alerts : they are fine , i don`t have a problem with them if this helps out people who can`t resist for that long in an endless mission or simply don`t have the time to do so it`s fine as long as it doesn`t punish the players that used to play endless missions or acquire steel essence in other legitimate ways(it`s everyone`s game : play the way you want to).

Anyways , this is my honest opinion about this game mode which has increased my playtime for the last 1-2 months since i`ve been interested in being able to resist for about 2 hours with each warframe in a steel path survival , this has brought back the excitement that made me fall in love with this game and also bring back the feel of being rewarded for the time i`ve invested in this game and it would be a shame to see this game mode decline from a Veteran aimed pass-timer that felt like it rewarded players for their progress in warframe to another daily grind to add to the 20 minute sorties ....

A sounds like good compromise, but I think B is the best. As things get harder you get more SE. But if you just want to do a mission and have a better chance to get a few SE then that's where the acolytes come in. Acolytes should make SE as a reward a bit more consistent -- they should not replace eximus drops for long runs. That way you cater to those who are just unlocking the SE chart or going for ephemeras but you also cater to the Kuva farmers.

You may not like to hear this but the current essence farming is a pretty big issue when you consider DE's intent with Rivens. Obtaining Kuva so easily makes the rarity (and thus the value) of rivens drop, which ultimately affects DE's bottom line because people are less inclined to purchase platinum. 

I know it may not seem like there is much of an issue right now, but changes like this are instituted based on corporate projections. They assess the data and look down the road 6 months to a year to project the impact of current systems. A change like this would not go into effect unless their projections showed specific results.

So, I'm sorry to say but the endless mission-grinding for essence will not be returning. If you want to do endless missions for Kuva then there is Kuva survival.

sorry lilo and stitch GIF

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

You may not like to hear this but the current essence farming is a pretty big issue when you consider DE's intent with Rivens. Obtaining Kuva so easily makes the rarity (and thus the value) of rivens drop, which ultimately affects DE's bottom line because people are less inclined to purchase platinum. 

I know it may not seem like there is much of an issue right now, but changes like this are instituted based on corporate projections. They assess the data and look down the road 6 months to a year to project the impact of current systems. A change like this would not go into effect unless their projections showed specific results.

So, I'm sorry to say but the endless mission-grinding for essence will not be returning. If you want to do endless missions for Kuva then there is Kuva survival.

sorry lilo and stitch GIF

Honestly if the problem with the system is the fact that we get too much kuva there`s a far simpler aproach : Just remove the kuva trade for essence and add a different reward , the way they change the system at the moment doesn`t only restrict the kuva income of players but the income of ALL rewards , the fact that kuva was the only worthwhile reward after you got the armor set and ephemeras was the problem that you highlight not the amount of essence we get , because now with the added Umbral Forma trade you have a new desired reward so you are more likely to trade for it instead of kuva ; the change they are making right now does only promote one thing : another daily chore to glue to the sorties and then just forget about the game or do a 15-20 minute survival and then reset(which is very boring as this game mode was aimed at veterans to test the power they acquired in years of playing warframe) , a big part of the community is already bored of the warframe gameplay loop because DE removed all the ways in which endless missions rewarded you for playing them there is a reason why old players will always tell you the old prime part grind was better : players don`t need to farm for hours to get Relic XYZ3000 just so they get a chance at the new prime item but we had to get the keys and just stay longer in the so called endless missions because you got more items /key so the reward was good plus the platinum prices for non-vaulted items was way higher then they are now and vaulted items felt like vaulted items while the player play-time also increased because people had reasons to stay in and play for more . Now they also remove another time sink for players who were enjoying it . Bottom line if the problem they are trying to fix is Kuva income : *just remove the kuva trade* and add something else like radiant relic packs or forma packs or boosters in the vendor`s item list not band aid a change that will not change anything because guess what if they make the changes they have tested there will only be one small change in player kuva grind : you will have to leave the mission after 3-4 rotations , the kuva income will be just a bit lower so the impact will not be of a high magnitude but the system will get more inconvenient and more lackluster which is bad because this game mode had the potential to fill in the mythical endgame space . If the problem that prompted this change was monetary and because of the riven market collapsing then just solve the root of the problem , don`t beat around the bush....

Archived