Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swarm Queen 4.0 Warframe

Arcsyrine

This has gone through a number of iterations on my own and this is what I've gotten to.

I really like the Idea of a Hive or Swarm Warframe, particularly one that is more monstrous and non-human to look at. I don't think we have enough of those.

I can't draw to save my life so this is more of a theoretical concept that a design.

Frame: Ahrbea Swarm Queen

Armor: 150

Energy: 0 (Rank 0) / 0 (Rank 30)

Health: 100 (Rank 0) / 300 (Rank 30)

Shields: 50 (Rank 0) / 150 (Rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.25

Ahrbea is a rough altered anglicised spelling of Locust in Hebrew.

Passive; Swarm

Infesting Dash:

Executing a dodge will turn Ahrbea into a cloud of insects 2 meters wide that can move through enemies and travels 5 meters forwards. Any enemy hit by this cloud becomes Swarmed.

-        Size of cloud and travel distance are not affected by mods, but is affected by her Swarm Meter range increase.

Swarmed Status;

When an enemy is Swarmed they take an additional 30% damage from all sources. When a Swarmed enemy dies, all enemies within 10 meters become Swarmed.

-        Swarmed duration is infinite.

-        Damage vulnerability is affected by ability strength and is multiplicative with other damage boosts.

-        Range is affected by ability range.

-        If a Swarmed enemy enters a Nullifier Field the Swarmed Status is removed

-        If Ahrbea enters a Nullifier Field the Swarmed Status remains on enemies.

Swarm Meter:

Some of Ahrbea’s abilities use her Swarm Meter as a resource.

-        Ahrbea’s Swarm Meter naturally drains at a rate of 1% per second. This is affected by ability duration.

-        If Ahrbea enters a Nullifier Field she cannot gain Swam Points and her Swarm Meter decays at a rate of 2% of the current value per second.

When a Swarmed enemy dies it adds points to Ahrbea’s Swarm Meter equal to its’ level. (Eximus units add 1.5x their level)

-        Number of points added to Swarm Meter is not affected by mods.

For every 10 points added to the Swarm Meter Ahrbea’s ability range is increased by 1% up to a maximum of 100%.

-        Not affected by mods.

-        Range increase is additive.

Energy Orbs

Energy Orbs grant Ahrbea 25 Swarm Points.

-        Energy Pads will grant an equivalent amount of Swarm Points per pulse as they would energy.

-        Arcane Energize has no effect on Ahrbea.

Ability 1; Dismantling Infestation

Cost: Enemy level x 5 of Swarm Points

Ahrbea uses a portion of her swarm to consume 70% of the defenses of one enemy within 20 meters. 10 second cooldown.

-        The target enemy becomes Swarmed.

-        Defenses removed is affected by ability strength.

-        Defense removal is permanent.

-        Cooldown is not affected by mods.

Ability 2; Irradiated Swarm

Cost: 10 Swarm Points per enemy per second (maximum cost at 10 enemies; consumes a minimum of 10 Swarm Points per second even if no enemies are Swarmed)

Ahrbea converts a portion of her swarm into energy to cause swarmed enemies to become irradiated.

-        Any enemy that is Swarmed gains 1 radiation stack per second and has a 30% chance to inflict 1 radiation stack to any enemy within 5 meters.

-        Chance to inflict radiation stack is affected by ability strength.

Ability 3; Regenerative Hive

Cost: 0% of Swarm Meter (toggle ability)

Ahrbea orders a portion of her swarm to heal and protect her and any allies within 30 meters.

-        While the ability is active any Swarmed enemies in range of the ability, that Ahrbea or allies kill, add points to a Health Pool instead of the Swarm Meter.

o   Enemies add points equal to their level. This is affected by ability strength.

o   The Health Pool naturally drains at a rate of 2% of it’s current value per second. This decay is affected by ability duration.

o   Any Energy Orbs or like things also grant points to the Health Pool instead while active.

-        Ahrbea and her allies are healed by health per second equal to half the average enemy spawn level, as long as there are points left in the pool.

o   Health per second is affected by ability strength.

§  [Enemy Spawn Level] / 2 * [Ability Strength] = Health per Second

o   1 Health Pool point = 1 health point

o   The Health Pool can be increased infinitely.

-        If Ahrbea enters a Nullifier Field she cannot be healed by Regenerative Hive and the Health Pool drains at a rate of 5% of it’s current value per second. The Health Pool cannot be increased either.

Synergy

If Irradiated Swarm is active, and points remain in the Health Pool, Ahrbea and allies in range of Regenerative Hive, receive a 30% damage reduction to health damage.

-        Affected by ability strength.

-        Caps at 75%.

Ability 4; Locust Storm

Cost:

While inactive

-        30% of Swarm Meter

While active

-        Tapping the ability key consumes 15% of the Swarm Meter and refreshes the duration of the current casting. Preserves current bonus and base damage.

-        Holding the ability key consumes 30% of the Swarm Meter and recasts the ability as if it is inactive. Resets bonus damage and changes base damage relative to current Swarm Meter amount.

Ahrbea creates a swarm storm with an 8 meter radius that deals damage per second to all enemies within range. Any enemy that dies within range adds points to the Swarm Meter. Lasts for 15 seconds.

-        Base damage per second is equal to 15% of the Swarm Meter at time of initial cast. Affected by ability strength.

-        Damage is an equal mix of IPS

-        Swarmed Enemies that die within range add double their regular amount to the Swarm Meter. Which is not affected by mods.

o   If Regenerative Hive is active Swarmed Enemies that die in range of Locust Storm will give points to both the Health Pool and the Swarm Meter.

Synergy

If Irradiated Swarm is active, any Swarmed enemy that dies within range adds 10% of the abilities base damage to it’s damage per second.

-        Affected by ability strength.

If Regenerative Hive is active, all allies within range of Locust Storm gain 50% increased evasion.

Augments

Ability 1; Explosive Conversion

On death an enemy affected by Dismantling Infestation, explodes on death dealing 30% of their maximum health as Blast damage to all enemies within 10 meters.

Ability 2; Energizing Swarm

While Irradiated Swarm is active, Swarmed enemies have a 15% chance to drop an Energy Orb on death.

Ability 3; Protective Swarm

While Regenerative Swarm is active allies within range are protected from Status Effects.

-        It costs Health Pool points to prevent each Status Effect.

o   Cost is equal to the average enemy spawn level. This is affected by ability efficiency.

Ability 4; Consuming Storm

Enemies that die within Locust Storm no longer add to the Swarm Meter, but instead add 2 seconds to the duration of Locust Storm.

-        Time added is affected by ability duration.

-        Time can be increased up to twice the modded duration. This increase is not affected by mods.

-        Swarmed Enemies that die within Locust Storm only add their usual amount to the Swarm Meter instead of double.

o   If Regenerative Hive is active they will only add to the Health Pool and not the Swarm Meter.

I’ve tried making a Queen of Swarms before. But trolls compared it to Titania simply because bugs were used. 

Appearance wise I try to use other frames and characters from other games to give a better idea of how my concepts would look. I’ve gotten a drawing for a volcanic frame done just from that alone. 

For a Queen of Swarms I tend to picture a female frame with a similar shape to Wisp. Before wisp was released I pictured mine being more thin and maybe even floats in her own unique way. So wisp kind of resembles the shape a little bit. But your version makes me picture her having like fangs on her body. Like imagine Grendel’s belly mouth but sideways like a typical bug’s. And more spiky/fanged looking. Where she opens it and unleashes her swarms. Basically she is more than just a frame, she is also a hive. That would be a frame I wouldn’t want to use. It would be kind of grotesque. 

This was also an image I had for an Infested Queen. One that can infect enemies and turn them into her personal infested army. 

Also I feel that Eidolon deserves a third frame like Fortuna. Which the volcanic frame was my suggestion. But yours could also be something new. Imagine if they added a large forest that contains wild animals, possible companions, and this frame serves as a sort of guardian. Every where you go you may find hives of insects that swarm you and slow you down while inflicting mostly puncture status. Screen could blur a little, like Mesa’s Fourth ability, when being attacked and rolling & melee are the only ways to shake them off quickly. 

I think she would fit into Deimos quite well being more grotesque, but I think making it look more along the lines of Nekros or Nidus Grotesque would be more appropriate. I wanted her to look slightly less human than most of our female Warframes.

I was thinking something like this from CGPTteam of Deviant Art, just ignore the extra limbs and make it thinner and female.

d5v8juv-b0a921f3-a8cb-4d5c-9f7a-8325779d

Deviant Art Link

But I agree that making it too grotesque in a very looks forward game may be off-putting for many people.

Archived