Gauss is literally broken/unplayable after last update/patch

(PSN)Gardevoir1991

While in mission if I use thermal sunder in quick succession to get the freeze effect,  it locks me out of my weapons, gear wheel, abilities, revival of teammates and the interaction with items other than those that are auto collected such as ammo. I also cannot switch out of my frame into operator mode. I also no longer have my weapon in hand but what appears to be some sort of disc with holes. Ive tried the unstuck command to no avail. The only fix that works is jumping off the edge into an area where I get respawned at the edge I jumped from and not every tileset has this. It's only started doing this tonight since updating. Please fix this hes one of my most used frames and I will sorely miss using him until rectified. 

Same, come to here to make a thread.

After the patch or upadete or whatever it's named Gauss is literally broken and practically impossible to play. About 9 out 10 missions. Pretty sad :(.

If you die it's fixed for a bit. I am not so sure it's only due to thermal sunder, because a rare occurance of this bug happens to all frames from time to time on transferance.

It have a visual effect that almost always happens before it bugs. So it might vfx related.

Tested 4 other frames that worked with no problem in multiple missions.

After a bit of time you are unable to use weapons or abilities (besides his 1st). There is visual bug effect before it stops working. The person that make that thread considers thermal sunder for the cause. I am not so sure.

It happend in about 9 out 10 cases. If you die you are fine for a bit and it happens again. I tested other 4 frames as well with no problem. Switch to him and it happened right away.

It's simialr to the bug when you use transferance and then can't use weapons and abilities or transferance. You can jump and move, but not on a weird angle.

I've run into this problem twice today, once while in the Plains of Eidolon with a squad and once while on Yam, Sedna while playing solo.

I'm using Gauss, Stradavar Prime, Akjagara Prime, and Guandao Prime if all of that matters.

When using my Thermal Sunder ability and then attacking with a weapon in quick succession the weapon in Gauss' hands disappears except for small parts of it. For the Stradavar you could still see the round clip and for Guandao Prime the tassle under the blade was still visible. Both weapons still showed in shadows but effectively acted like they weren't there. With the Guandao I could still block/channel but that was it. Once the weapon disappeared I could no longer melee attack, shoot weapons, switch weapons, use any ability besides Mach Rush, change into my Operator, or access the gear wheel. I could still run, dodge, roll but could not interact in any other way. When trying abilites besides Mach Rush my hud told me "Ability in Use" even though none of the abilities were active.

Anyone else have this issue and have you found a way to get around it?

I've been having this same exact issue with Gauss too. So far it's only been after using Thermal Sunder and then trying to attack. I hadn't been able to figure a way out so I'm glad to know map respawns help even if temporary.

I'm a Gauss main so this is all really troubling since Thermal Sunder is one of my favorite CC's.

I was levelling gauss this morning and I have exactly the same issue. I noticed it after using thermal sunder then quickly pressed redline. My weapons were unusable and often disappeared. If I pressed the option button they reappeared but were still unusable. This only happened on gauss and not on any other frame I’ve used since. Hope they address it soon. 

Hopefully devs will see it and fix it soon.

I am not sure if its due to thermal. At first I thought it might be affecting everything/everybody and didn't mind it, but when it started happening every mission and nobody else complained. First I thought it might be due to a weapon I am using, alas it wasn't, then after that I switch frame to test if it continues to occur.

WF in general have bugs so you never know. In one mission with other frame yesterday I got a bug where my model/warframe froze and was moving like cardboard box :D.

When I saw that other frames - generally - didn't have the same bug, I switch to Gauss again and it happen right away.

I am not a tester and it's not my job to this extensive exircises, so I didn't pay attention all the time when it happened first couple of times and what might cause the bug.

Nice, so maybe that settles it. Here's a video from yesterday:

As you can see it doesn't happen right away and you can have a couple of thermal casts. Also as I mentioned there is visual glitch aspect to it before it breaks and after that on the weapon. That's why I had doubts what it is exactly. You can see I can use his first still as well after the bug occured.

Multiple cases after this later on the stream.

7 hours ago, (PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg said:

Nice, so maybe that settles it. Here's a video from yesterday:

As you can see it doesn't happen right away and you can have a couple of thermal casts. Also as I mentioned there is visual glitch aspect to it before it breaks and after that on the weapon. That's why I had doubts what it is exactly. You can see I can use his first still as well after the bug occured.

Multiple cases after this later on the stream.

Yeah I never had the glitch happen right away either. It was always partway through the mission. I always noticed it after thermal sunder and then trying to do something else such as another thermal sunder cast, melee attacking, or trying to shoot.

But I do think I see the visual glitch you're talking about. From the video it seems as though the glitch instance's Thermal Sunder cast doesn't get it's own fire circle around Gauss. It's hard to see it there but I'm pretty sure I was seeing that too when encountering the glitch.

Good someone noticed.  After Heart of Demios update: Nezha prime hot fix Gauss ability Turmerol sunder is soft lock controls. cant use gear wheel, transfer to operator, use any other abilities other than the first one, interact when promoted nor revive pets or ally's, prompts are not visible,  switch weapons, Weapons disappear, must jump of map to retest or die. This is making imposable to play gauss. Also, it happens randomly it seems and if using melee it seems to happen a bit more frequently. Also, using Thermal sunder with other frames in any slot results in a soft lock. Using it with wisp it didn't happen. A soft lock occurs with Wisp too just not as often compared to Gauss.

Update - 

Using Thermal sunder with Gauss with a subsumed ability results in a soft lock. While soft locked  Thermal sunder is disabled and when attempting to activate it  "Ability in use" appears under energy bar. During an exterminate in the void after rushing  ahead of squad of three other players out of affinity range, Thermal sunder could be activated in succession with no issues nor was there a frame rate drop with Rush ability. While in an earth exterminate on public with no squad, Thermal sunder could be used with no issue.  

Archived