Anyone know if they're going to bring back the Relay Construction event?

vizthex

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Possibly but adding new relays is likely not a high priority right now. There are plenty of them currently available and it has been ages since one was destroyed.

And some people said that the relay invasion event is “rigged”. They say the progress has a constant filling speed, player participation just speeds it up.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

And some people said that the relay invasion event is “rigged”. They say the progress has a constant filling speed, player participation just speeds it up.

It's been proven. Someone rigged a data mine bot to track it, and the Formorian/Razorback percentage decreases automatically, hitting zero percent about a half hour before it would kill the relay. The only exception was the very first Razorback armada, which had so many players playing that it ended in about a day

14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's been proven. Someone rigged a data mine bot to track it, and the Formorian/Razorback percentage decreases automatically, hitting zero percent about a half hour before it would kill the relay. The only exception was the very first Razorback armada, which had so many players playing that it ended in about a day

Yup

There is no actual threat of Relays getting destroyed by the recurring Fomorian event. The only risk would come from a big event where DE announces it as an outcome.

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Yup

There is no actual threat of Relays getting destroyed by the recurring Fomorian event. The only risk would come from a big event where DE announces it as an outcome.

DE can just decide to let one blow up to launch another reconstruction event. Which wouldn't be that bad for variety. 

ah, Pyrus Project. a good chance for everyone to get the Zylok if Baro doesn't bring it.

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I could see them having the Sentients consume a relay as a part of TNW.

that would be interesting, but wouldn't the Sentients focus more on military targets instead of civillian ones? as a massive invasion force you can grab relays any time, but you might want to do something about all those Corpus and Grineer ships and planets full of outposts, comms facilities etc. I could only see them going for Relays if they are in the way of another objective, or as a way to distract the Tenno whilst launching an offensive somewhere else. 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

that would be interesting, but wouldn't the Sentients focus more on military targets instead of civillian ones? as a massive invasion force you can grab relays any time, but you might want to do something about all those Corpus and Grineer ships and planets full of outposts, comms facilities etc. I could only see them going for Relays if they are in the way of another objective, or as a way to distract the Tenno whilst launching an offensive somewhere else. 

It's noted in the Suda comic that they went after places like historical archives, because they don't just want humanity gone - they want it forgotten. They want to break the system, not merely conquer it. 

It's pretty in-character to go after a civilian population for no reason other than sheer spite.

On 2020-11-17 at 7:01 AM, wargthewarg said:

This was a terrible event though and didn't feel like a community event at all. I really hope it never returns the way it was implemented. 

Yeah I remember I hadn't played in awhile when it started, but when I came back and noticed it I didn't really care. Plus the combat was hard af.

Like I said, I just want to get rid of the damn blueprint. That and the 5 fomorian disruptors blueprints I own.

I'm never gonna use them so pls let me sell or trash them :v

Archived