Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Ayanga sometimes inflicts self-damage

(PSN)digitalgabeg

Since update 27.2.2, self-damage is supposed to have been removed from all weapons. This change affects the Kuva Ayanga inconsistently. I have suspected this to be the case for some time, as I had noticed sudden, abrupt deaths while using the weapon. I tested this in the Simulacrum just now (with Nezha Prime Hotfix #2) and observed the following:

1. I fired the weapon continuously at a wall while on the ground and walking slowly toward and away from the wall. I did not take any self damage.
  2. I bullet-jumped directly up into the air, aimed at the ground below myself, and fired continuously while aim-gliding down. I did not take self damage.
  3. I spawned a group of enemies and fired the weapon continuously at them while walking slowly toward and away from them, both aiming directly at enemies with the grenades and striking the floor near them with the grenades. I did not take self damage.
  4. I respawned the group of enemies and stood in the middle of the group, then bullet jumped directly up into the air, aimed at the ground, and fired continuously while aim-gliding down. This situation often (not always) caused me to take self-damage.

As a result of these tests, I think that this problem is some weird interaction between aim-gliding and damaging enemies with the weapon which makes the player take self damage. I notice that the Kuva Ayanga has delayed fuses on its grenades (i.e. if the grenades hit something too soon after being fired, they don't explode) and I suspect that this feature may be making this issue harder to reproduce.

I also noticed that this issue has been reported several times before. (see here)

Archived