Can we not get flashbanged each time we go in a mission?

sitfesz

3 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

ok, but what is the problem with that? and why did the flashbang comments start only recently?

DE had time to realize why is it annoying, good for nothing eyebleach, but apparently they need help identifying the problem. Even skipping the cinematic doesn't end the whiteness, which it did in the past. The forced flashbang is only a few months old bug/feature.

8 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

hm. didn't notice any change, but will try to pay attention. is it maybe a setting or driver issue?

It apparently does not happen to clients. It only happens to the host or if you are soloing missions.

Complaint's been rolling in since August. Still not fixed. (Its likely that they know, but don't know how to fix it yet, or, fixing it breaks something else.)

53 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

ok, but what is the problem with that? and why did the flashbang comments start only recently?

it's always been there, but Graphics changes are affecting stuff so it's worse for some people now. but it was always annoying and unpleasant, heh.

5 minutes ago, chaotea said:

and thus not an easy fix.

my like 1hr solution: don't fade to white, ever. fade to a neutral shade, or some other transition.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

my like 1hr solution: don't fade to white, ever. fade to a neutral shade, or some other transition.

I mean white is a neutral colour, but really its better they fix the issue with bloom, otherwise they're just treating the symptoms not the problem.

41 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I mean white is a neutral colour, but really its better they fix the issue with bloom, otherwise they're just treating the symptoms not the problem.

White/Black is neutral as far as Color Grading goes, but Brightness / irritation wise it certainly is not.

but years ago it was still a problem, and it's only going to get worse even if there were no Graphics changes, with Displays getting better on average and offering better Color Accuracy, which comes along with higher Brightness levels in order to do so. game supports HDR now too, that sounds really irritating to have that combo together.

It would probably be helpful to know at least which engine and graphics settings people have set. I haven't had it annoy me to where I've noticed either. SO/ESO transitions are the only ones I can even think of offhand that go white.

Just a thought, do people have their monitor brightness set to 100%? I've seen monitors that have done this out of the box over the years and I always end up setting somewhere in the 50-75% range.

18 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

It would probably be helpful to know at least which engine and graphics settings people have set. I haven't had it annoy me to where I've noticed either. SO/ESO transitions are the only ones I can even think of offhand that go white.

Just a thought, do people have their monitor brightness set to 100%? I've seen monitors that have done this out of the box over the years and I always end up setting somewhere in the 50-75% range.

DirectX 11 and the normal engine (which was the only option when this problem first started), settings are:

1920x1080 in borderless fullscreen with VSync active (144 Hz)

Colour blind compensation: off

Brightness: 39

Contrast: 43

Field of View: 78

Screen shake: off

Effect intensity: 100

Runtime tessellation, local reflections, blur reflections, volumetric lighting: on

Glare, film grain, ambient occlusion: off

High shader quality: on

Dynamic resolution: disabled

Geometry detail, particle system quality, GPU particles, shadow quality, texture memory: high

Anisotropic filtering: 4x

Trilinear filtering: on

Anti aliasing: FXAA

Depth of field, motion blur, distortions, bloom, colour correction, dynamic lighting: off

Character shadows, weapon elemental FX: on

Monitor's brightness and contrast: 40 and 35, but this is irrelevant because the problem is the game whiting out the whole screen.

Archived