Warframe on Stadia

Hi there—

Stadia's coming out with Destiny 2 as a free to play game this month. What's the likelihood we can get Warframe on Stadia? Is DE looking into it now?

If not, here's my request. Any other Stadians here?

Thanks

I doubt it tbh. At least not any time soon When you consider its been on switch since 2018. As the need a seperate team to work on console builds anyway, it might be that theres just not enough of an incentive at this point.

Warframe works on Geforce now I play it there sometimes, though I havn't in awhile.  I was playing it pretty well with that on my tablet.  Stadia seems like it might die soon, I got an offer on yourube for a free stadia controller and set up and passed. 

• Like 4

Unlikely considering stadia's player base and reputation. A game like Destiny is not a true free to play game its more of a hybrid with a buy to play format. In other words you need to pay a large price for expansions, but base game is free though.

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson
  • Like 2

I'd appreciate we keep the Stadia hate off of this thread, thanks.

Stadia is not dying, and is not desperate. The platform's doing fine and I enjoy using it, which is why I'm asking DE to consider it.

1 minute ago, baldy117 said:

ah yes bring a game to a ''console'' that only idiots would want to buy id rather dump my paycheck in a  gacha game then pay for stadia

I didn't buy a The Stadia.

Seems like someone calling people idiots for using a service that they don't understand might be the idiot. :wink:

with how poorly it is doing?

I don't know what metrics you have that you're saying it's doing poorly.

The tech works perfectly for me and I've played hundreds of hours by myself and with friends.

ahh yes The Gang

you must the one dude with the proper internet speed for it then

nice recycled joke, stop pivoting and admit that your hate for Stadia is baseless and silly.

Let people enjoy games on whatever platform they want.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Why would De invest into a failed and dying "platform"?

Seems pointless to me. Especially when they can't even do cros-save.

15 minutes ago, kcpz said:

I'd appreciate we keep the Stadia hate off of this thread, thanks.

Stadia is not dying, and is not desperate. The platform's doing fine and I enjoy using it, which is why I'm asking DE to consider it.

6 minutes ago, baldy117 said:

i recommend lockin this thread before you get to salty

you're the one who came in here spouting lies lol, I'm the one who's salty?

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It's not hate it's just reality, no many people play Stadia it's the Mixer of consoles, DE probably doesn't feel like putting warframe there for it to completely die 6 months later. It's just too risky

your perception that it's dying isn't based on reality

6 minutes ago, kcpz said:

your perception that it's dying isn't based on reality

I dunno. A quick Google search (the irony of using Google to find this) shows plenty of reviews saying things like "dead on arrival". Seems pretty real to me.

kcpz, none of us are hating on you personally for using Stadia. You wanna use it? Go ahead. But you asked specifically for the likelihood that DE would put Warframe on Stadia. The truth is that likelihood is practically nonexistent. Stadia's user base is simply far too small and isn't showing signs of growing.

• Like 7

Oh wow.

This thread trainwrecked FAST.

Anyway, according to this thread: 

Stadia got to around 500,000 people having installed the app (which should not be considered as active players). It was released about a year ago, so lets assume the numbers have doubled? So about a million potential players.

Ok.

Nintendo switch has sixty five times as many players. PS4 has 112 million across it's now-ending lifespan, and the Xbone had 50 mill - wow, only 50 million? It's 3 years older than the Switch, damn. Additionally, the Switch sold 20 million in the first year, meaning Stadia seems to be growing at about 1/20th of the rate of the Switch.

To be brutally frank, Stadia is not a successful games platform. Dying? Don't know, don't have the data. But it's unlikely to really be worth DE's time since that million potential players does not represent a million actual active players (it represents everyone who has ever downloaded the app) and Warframe's playerbase would only ever be a cross-section of that. It would likely cost DE a pretty penny to make a Stadia edition, and it's unlikely to be a pretty penny they'll get back too many times over.

• Like 12