Equinox minor rework & buffing? Please?

Wempir

So, after a long while, I finally got Equinox ever since the discovery of that frame, and after memorising the ability kit, and playing to the max rank, I noticed that she/he could do a bit of tweaking for more of a fluid and efficient gameplay, especially for solo runs.

Firstly, Rest & Rage ability, ("In Night Form targets are put to sleep. In Day Form targets become more vulnerable to damage."); 

- In the Night Form, the sleep ability could really be replaced with something more useful, such as a simple knock-back/stun and/or only a burst damage ability, like with many other frames and their first abilites, such as Oberon's Smite ability.
Currently, sleep can be used on smaller groups of enemies or single targets, such as Synthesis targets for example, which can be put to sleep for easier scanning, but as it is with general gameplay and missions, where enemies come in hordes at you, the sleep ability does not come up-to-par and is practically useless due to all of the chaos that occurs during fights that can easily break the sleep state enemy would be in. And on top of it all the ability does no damage or offer any bonus side-effect along with the CC, which, in the end, only makes it seem as if there is no ability at all to begin with, but only a placeholder for something better that could fill up the kit to a better potential.
-In the Day Form, the debuff ability does not need any major changes, debuff itself is pretty much perfect, but it would be more fitting if it were changed from being a pointer-over-enemy type of ability, to having it be a mid-range ability in that can be freely casted in something of an AoE cone in the direction of the cursor.

And secondly, her/his ultimate ability Mend & Maim;

-While Mend ability in Night form is the exact thing that any support would need and ask for, for their team, Maim ability, as a meant offensive counterpart on the other hand, is only so underwhelming with it's damage output, so much so that it feels like throwing a Tickle-Me-Elmo toy at an enemy would do more damage in comparison to letting Maim wear off to the last point of Energy with maxed out Flow mod installed, which caps up to 450 Energy points. So it would also be appreciated if Maim could get buffed.

The markers which show the range of her/his active abilites and buffs could as well get some sort of visual change so that they're more easily noticable instead of the current, half-transparrent ribbons.

This feedback is only what I personally think could improve Equinox to being a more fulfilling frame in the game, and more contributing to the squad other than being a straightforward healer and support that leans only to that side, while being left to relying on weapons as the only means of offense and damage output in fights. 

Sleep gives you stealth multiplier (and affinity farm) thus is amazing.
Also Maim is actually the stronger one because it stores damage from kills leading to massive bursts (after build up).

Tho the 4 augment could be made baseline at 50% store transfer for both 3 and 4 with maim given its slash be pulsing per 3s or so (since augment already makes it pulse with swaps).

Rest is fine, it doesnt need any changes. Very solid CC skill while opening enemies to finishers. It doesnt need to do damage, as night form is meant to be support/defensive. Day form is for damage. Rage is good on paper but it suffers from tiny base range and even with augment it doesnt help much.
Maim is amazing nuke ability, it just depends on your or your team kills to charge.

2 hours ago, Wempir said:

This feedback is only what I personally think could improve Equinox to being a more fulfilling frame in the game

No offense, but you should play the game and Equinox more before you come and suggest changes. Case-in-point being that you don't even know how Maim works.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Equinox/Abilities

Wow, I disagree with these points to an EXTREME degree.

Rest, a fantastic little CC ability that's quick and cheap to cast, that enables Finishers and whatnot,
should be replaced by mere knockback / some piddly damage.

And then you go on to say that Rage on the other hand is perfect.

IYY9dlF.gif

Plus you don't even seem to understand how the targeting works. For both Rest & Rage,
you choose the point of impact and then get an AoE blast originating from that point.

Maim, one of the best nuking abilities (that still feels kinda "fair" since you need to charge it up first), is also bad, of course.

Seriously, as was said, you need to spend more time learning how this (BTW 100% female) Frame works.
Wiki, Youtube, just play more, whatever, you can't make a request for reworks based on such little / erroneous knowledge.

16 hours ago, Wempir said:

I noticed that Equinox could do a bit of tweaking for more of a fluid and efficient gameplay, especially for solo runs.

I fully support the idea of Equinox getting a revisit to streamline gameplay. I have made a couple of threads regarding issue with mechanics and how they could be resolved, check it out for further details:

9 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Wow, I disagree with these points to an EXTREME degree.

Rest, a fantastic little CC ability that's quick and cheap to cast, that enables Finishers and whatnot,
should be replaced by mere knockback / some piddly damage.

And then you go on to say that Rage on the other hand is perfect.

IYY9dlF.gif

Plus you don't even seem to understand how the targeting works. For both Rest & Rage,
you choose the point of impact and then get an AoE blast originating from that point.

Maim, one of the best nuking abilities (that still feels kinda "fair" since you need to charge it up first), is also bad, of course.

Seriously, as was said, you need to spend more time learning how this (BTW 100% female) Frame works.
Wiki, Youtube, just play more, whatever, you can't make a request for reworks based on such little / erroneous knowledge.

Reading your utterly confusing and seemingly just thrown out there reply because you felt like it only makes me believe you read none of the things from my post, literally not a single letter of it even. So, thake that "Prime Wat" for yourself, you need every single bit of it.

16 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

No offense, but you should play the game and Equinox more before you come and suggest changes. Case-in-point being that you don't even know how Maim works.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Equinox/Abilities

Don't worry, I know how her abilites work, and what you gave me is nothing but end game content, which you need to first get to, it's very much different when you play with her in general while working through the game. So with your reply being rather useless and kind of repetitive of what I mentioned, it's best to learn when to stay quiet for everyone's sake.

17 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Sleep gives you stealth multiplier (and affinity farm) thus is amazing.

As I already mentioned, Sleep is funtional and effective for smaller groups of enemies or single targets, but otherwise as it is with the general gameplay, it's still useless for bigger numbers of enemies that comes in as common thing in pretty much everything you do in Warframe.

29 minutes ago, Wempir said:

Reading your utterly confusing and seemingly just thrown out there reply because you felt like it only makes me believe you read none of the things from my post, literally not a single letter of it even. So, thake that "Prime Wat" for yourself, you need every single bit of it.

Hmm, I disagree. I think their response was well constructed and made plenty of sense given your original post.

Your suggestions are simply off-mark and, like others have said, it doesn't sound like you understand how Equinox works if you're claiming some of her best abilities need a rework.

read orange is the new black GIF

22 hours ago, Wempir said:

- In the Night Form, the sleep ability could really be replaced with something more useful, such as a simple knock-back/stun and/or only a burst damage ability, like with many other frames and their first abilites, such as Oberon's Smite ability.
Currently, sleep can be used on smaller groups of enemies or single targets, such as Synthesis targets for example, which can be put to sleep for easier scanning, but as it is with general gameplay and missions, where enemies come in hordes at you, the sleep ability does not come up-to-par and is practically useless due to all of the chaos that occurs during fights that can easily break the sleep state enemy would be in. And on top of it all the ability does no damage or offer any bonus side-effect along with the CC, which, in the end, only makes it seem as if there is no ability at all to begin with, but only a placeholder for something better that could fill up the kit to a better potential.
-In the Day Form, the debuff ability does not need any major changes, debuff itself is pretty much perfect, but it would be more fitting if it were changed from being a pointer-over-enemy type of ability, to having it be a mid-range ability in that can be freely casted in something of an AoE cone in the direction of the cursor.

This is... A bizarre take. Rest is a solid CC ability that allows for easy dispatching of enemies via stealth multipliers and finisher kills, and it can facillitate high stealth-kill streaks that boost affinity gain.

Rage, on the other hand, is a really bad damage booster that constantly needs to be reapplied (Unlike similar damage boosters like Xata's Whisper, Roar and Eclipse) and massively bolsters enemy movement and attack speed to boot. You risk yourself and your squad when you use it, and the movespeed boost can make enemies harder to hit, which counteracts the vulnerability. 

I think the community pretty unanimously regards Rage as one of the worst abilities in the game. If one of these two is to be replaced with a burst damage ability, let it be Rage. 

14 hours ago, Wempir said:

You probably haven't played Equinox in a while to see her Maim damage output.

I most certainly have witnessed the power of a fully armed and operational (i.e. well modded) Equinox,
both while playing as her and while e.g. having one in an ESO Squad recently, the nuking was just as potent as always,
maybe actually more so what with the lowered Armor values on enemies nowadays.

Don't worry, I know how her abilites work

Like I already mentioned, you seem in error about how Rest & Rage targeting works,
and you also don't seem to understand how to use Maim properly, it sounds like you were trying to kill enemies with the Slash proc,
and expecting it to go on damaging enemies as long as the ability is active, why is just not how it works.

what you gave me is nothing but end game content

... no, he gave you a link to the Wiki, explaining how her abilities work, something you really could, and should, use.

it's very much different when you play with her in general while working through the game

Could you maybe share your build with us, and an example of how you (cannot seem to effectively) utilize it in a regular mission?

Archived