Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework the Plains bounty's bonus conditions

Numerounius

I think the Plains of Eidolon bonus conditions needs to be reworked to more rewarding if you do a good job on the bounty not add in an additional chore or stipulation on the bounty missions.

Take the liberation bounty for example, even if you kill every single enemy as soon as they touch land like you should since that is what should constitute as holding the area shouldn't auto fail you since you go below 50% since it ticks down even if there are no enemies.

"Without killing any other enemies" complete BS the only feasible way of actually doing this is either do not have a companion equipped or pray to god that the target lands way away from anything else that might get accidently killed. Oh and hope your teammates do not kill anything at all even if they are way outside of the zone.

"Bring out the target in 1 minute"-Killing 15 enemies is impossible to do in a minute since 15 enemies don't even spawn in a minute. And even if they do the capture target entrance animation will still take you over the minute mark

I am able to get all the 4-5 stage bounties w/ a bonus complete on Orb Vallis and Deimos no problem but I have never gotten it yet in the Plains since there are 9 bounties with 4 of them being auto fails for the bonus. Which means you have less than a 4% chance to achieve.  

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

"Bring out the target in 1 minute"-Killing 15 enemies is impossible to do in a minute since 15 enemies don't even spawn in a minute. And even if they do the capture target entrance animation will still take you over the minute mark

It's a lot worse because the bonus objective is misleading: Finish the entire bounty within 1 minute. That means that even if the target is lured out within one minute, you will still fail the bonus objective if the target is alive past the one minute mark. That makes it near impossible without certain equipment.

Take the liberation bounty for example, even if you kill every single enemy as soon as they touch land like you should since that is what should constitute as holding the area shouldn't auto fail you since you go below 50% since it ticks down even if there are no enemies.

The "capture" zone is far too big on the Plains, compared to the Liberation Bounty in the Cambion Drift (Deimos). Grineer on any dropships should not contribute to the drain of the "capture" progress. They should not spawn out of thin air either as that makes the bounty conditions uncontrollable by the player.

"Without killing any other enemies" complete BS the only feasible way of actually doing this is either do not have a companion equipped or pray to god that the target lands way away from anything else that might get accidently killed. Oh and hope your teammates do not kill anything at all even if they are way outside of the zone.

Additionally, if a Tusk Seeker throws out a Latcher that latches onto something, that will unfortunately and oddly count against the bonus objective. That should be changed to capturing the target within a 30-45 second time limit.

These bonus objectives all have something in common: the lack of player control of certain conditions. Liberation bounties have too large of a control radius, not to mention the broken capture mechanics and spawning. Certain enemies such as the Tusk Seeker will sabotage the Capture bonus objective. Assassination's spawning of nearby Grineer is too infrequent and its misleading bonus objective requires the player to finish the entire thing less than a minute.

3 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

the only feasible way of actually doing this is either do not have a companion equipped or pray to god that the target lands way away from anything else that might get accidently killed

As if. I’ve failed it a couple times right after the successful capture (bonus task was ticked as complete during it) despite playing solo + having my sentinel without an attack mod + standing still after the target was captured. I guess some enemy commited a suicide during that time.

Yeah the bonus objectives are very unfair considering bugs and game mechanics can stop you from achieving them. I stopped doing them because of this. Theyve abandoned Plains in favor of updating the new stuff. 

Kill enemies, but theres no enemies spawning or they are in a cave. Bah... 

Exactly my thoughts while doing bounties.

All sums up to "you are punished for the things you don't have any control over".

Like that transmissions about Kavat being stomped down by Eidolon. No way to prevent something you don't even see or look at from dying by its own sheer stupidity – but you are supposed to feel guilty anyway. Just with reward stripping in the case of bounties.

My worst experience was with "Lure the assassination target" with no enemies spawning in zone through the whole countdown. I didn't just lose a bonus, I failed a whole bounty, because I was supposed to magically create some enemies to kill out of thin air in that specific place, as I obviously cannot stray to far without "abandoning the objective".

Also an honorable mention would be excavation with "Cannot leave excavator, because it would be killed in seconds, but no cell carriers spawn around for five minutes already". Happened to me both in regular missions and open zones.

I think every game mechanics should be revised with question "What can player possibly do on encountering it?" If the answer is "nothing", it clearly needs some further work before being implemented.

Also I feel like the bonus should be per stage. As in, if you complete bonus from one stage you get a bonus reward FOR THAT STAGE (so for 3 stage objective 3 potential bonus rewards). 

Theres so many bugs and other things that can ruin the bonus so it would be much more fun and rewarding if you could get something for your effort even if ONE stage fails out of five. 

Have separate bonus reward pool if it feels too much. 

On 2020-11-18 at 9:00 AM, Xaero said:

As if. I’ve failed it a couple times right after the successful capture (bonus task was ticked as complete during it) despite playing solo + having my sentinel without an attack mod + standing still after the target was captured. I guess some enemy commited a suicide during that time.

It doesn't help that it seems they force spawn enemies around you while doing the capture. Every single time this bounty comes up I wait for the cap target to get far enough from all other enemies, but as soon as I start the capture 5 or 6 enemies drop out of the sky right next to the target.

On 2020-11-18 at 4:59 AM, XHADgaming said:

I think they should rework this entire bounty so that the radius of the area changes with the squad size, but the amount of enemies needed to lower the percentage does aswell. If there are 4 Warframes in the area and 3 grineer it makes no sense that the percentage drops.

On 2020-11-18 at 4:59 AM, XHADgaming said:

Honestly never had a problem with this one, but it would be nice if spawns were higher during it.

On 2020-11-18 at 7:04 PM, xombob89 said:

Yeah the bonus objectives are very unfair considering bugs and game mechanics can stop you from achieving them.

Recently the sabotage supplies bounty was completely unfinishable, so at least bonus objectives don't fail the mission.

On 2020-11-21 at 9:46 PM, irwinz said:

Also an honorable mention would be excavation with "Cannot leave excavator, because it would be killed in seconds, but no cell carriers spawn around for five minutes already". Happened to me both in regular missions and open zones.

I don't really see a problem with the mission in particular, I've always seen good spawns, but if that changed then more cell spawns would be nice. 

Archived