The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Top-5 favorite NPCs

rastaban75

I don't know when was the last time there was a topic like that in the forums, but since new characters are being added every now and then, let's name our current preferences.

If you need a refresher for the game characters:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Characters

My 5 favorite (in no particular order):

1. Vay Hek

2. Ordis

3. Otak

4. Cephalon Cy

5. Exploiter Orb

Lotus, and everyone else hitting up the canadian pronounciation on 'owut" (out) and "abouwt" (about).

Longest standing joke on our discord, we still laugh at it.

Right up there with saying "don't forget the reactant", on every single time we start a relic mission.

Then maybe the mortal kombat Raiden character sounds exactly like Roger Cross from 24 hours, definitely has the best voice acting.

Storywise it didn't really connect with me, like making the operators little kids... lol, is that a meta joke on how the develoeprs see the players?

Stupid entitled little kids always complaining about our nerfs!!1

ironically i only seem to like teshin because he has cheesy stpdly overconfident voice-lines and you think to yourself everytime you hear them you think DE's memeing but then you remember .. theyre just out there ..  

My favourite one is one of the lines he say when an SP mission starts ;'' Accept your death and you may avoid it. Trust in your training.'' 
Its like a coach saying ''screw your training theyre faster strnger and smarter than you dont even try lolz , anyway you got diz''

'' The Lotus seduced the Tenno. Led them on a complacent path like oxen. I failed the Orokin but I will preserve their legacy. The Tenno. Now is the time for action. Cast off your harness and become a pupil of The Conclave. Through trial combat, I will prepare you for the evils beyond the Outer Terminus. A warrior only grows if they face the ultimate enemy. Themselves. '' 

How is this  even .. nevermind. keep being wholesome uncle teshin .

1: Ordis (great backstory, and I genuinely like his character)

2: Little Duck (she's fun to listen to, and she's also one of a bizzarely few characters who makes reference to other characters outside the immediate situation she's in)

3: Lotus (a very interesting, if extremely frustratingly delayed narrative arc)

4: Ballas (largely thanks to his voice. So very calming yet deeply sinister.)

5: Teshin (Also voice. But I also kind of like the conclave?)

Honourable mentions got to Konzu (haha early lunch go meme), Son (too early to really be a contender, but a great character IMO) and Erra and Hunhow (for similar reasons to Lotus.)

Only interesting ones were the cephalons, until octavias anthem. The quest that proves, once again, that the power of love and friendship save the day every time no matter how foolish and naive it is. Humanized into the pile of "who gives a damn?". Thanks to lotus being sentient, i am 100% sure that will also happen in whatever quest DE makes for that. Ugh...

1. Ticker, for being so great and calling me Star Dust. 

2. Hek, because his dialog is hilarious he's so angry 

3. Otak. At first I thought "oh great, another annoying ClapTrap" but he ended up being alot better and not annoying. I actually like him, he's comfy and says nice things. Close for 2 between Otak and Hek

4. Probably Son, solely because the things he says when I vaporize critters is hilarious. Even does a sarcastic smartass *sad horn* thing. I'll murder animals on purpose just to hear him <3 He's also a lil comfy when he's saying nice things. But animal murdering gets the best results. 

5. Goofy Male Lich. Always says funny things, as enemy, when getting converted/vanquished, whenever 

Roky
 - no idea what the ventkids are saying most of the time and that has me very immersed as a recently awakened boomer space warrior.

Loid
 - 99% of npcs are clowns but Loid trying to play the straight man is somehow funnier.

Kela De Thaym
 - emotionally intense all year round. a gangly string bean that likes summer and rollers, might be me irl.

Baro Ki'Teer
 - this image of Baro flying through space lives rent-free in my head.

Nihil
👀

Hok. He is just hilarious, his quotes are some of the best in the game no doubt.

Otak and Loid. Otak and Loid are just so much more than what I expected when I saw them at tennocon. I expected a Claptrap copy with Otak and got something sensible, emotional and friendly, although slightly insane. And who cant love someone that constantly refers to you as Chip? Even though Otak was supposed to be a gag NPC, he still leaves all the room needed for Loid to have is own space. And they also manage to make them really feel like two individuals like they are supposed to be, instead of making it feel like a single broken sentinel with split personality, which it could have easily ended up as.

Vey Hek. He really pulls off the lunatic bad guy vibe, if Adolf and Joseph had a baby with 99% of its body replaced with bionics it would be Vey Hek.

Exploiter Orb. Just creepy with a massive presence from the get go. Getting those really strong #*!%ed up stepmother or strict nun-matriarch vibes with her. If she was a mother and you happened to offend her kid, she'd come after you with a butcher knife and a blow torch and make you really suffer.

Alad V. He is just the sleezy, creepy, obsessed, sneaky mad scientist person that just has a massively winning personality in my book. Profit and self preservation beats everything else, though sometimes the self preservation part isnt priority, like when you get mostly infested and so on, or when you ally with sentients that wants more from you than you want. I see me in him since the I is the most important part, to the point where we sometimes forget ourselves and get into bad situations.

I guess I like quirky people with a temper or mental issues, or a combination of both.

Runner ups would be.

Konzu

Ordis

Tyl Regor

Ballas

Daughter (I keep forgetting her actual name)

Both Konzu and Ordis are great introductions to something new, Ordis to the game itself and Konzu to the plains. Both have good personalities and are funny early on, obviously those things rarely last, which is why they dont end up in the real top 5. 

edit: And why Clem isnt on either of the lists is because he is above and beyond it all. He is my WF Groot, he ends up on spot #0 along with Groot and Rocket as my most beloved characters ever. The sillyness and hardcoreness of that trio is just above and beyond everything else I've ever found a liking to in fiction.

Archived