Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't think DE will keep their word about the Wraith frames release.

TheGodofWiFi

As we all know, DE showed two frames alongside Xaku; the Alchemist frame and Liger's modern redesign for the old Wraith frame concept. DE said both of these guys will be coming out this year. However, we're now halfway through November and we have not seen any gameplay for Lavos whatsoever and the snakes on his arms aren't even animated yet. We have not even seen the model for the new Wraithe frame either.

I don't think DE will be following their word and we'll be seeing Wraithe sometime next year. Lavos will be a christmas release.

Edit: Apparently some people missed the part in TennoCon where Geoff openly stated they are committed to bringing all three warframes (Xaku, Lavos and Wraithe) to the game this year which Danielle repeated, so I have linked the video below. It's at 1:35:15 precisely

Edit 2: Please don't reply with some smarmy sarcastic comment about Covid 19. Its not a valid excuse for two very important reasons; DE made the statement four months after they had started working from home and DE have DE-layed things after making promises on a release schedule way before Covid was around.

4 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I don't think DE will be following their word and we'll be seeing Wraithe sometime next year. Lavos will be a christmas release.

December seems a bit late to release a new frame, holidays and all that. So I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see either this year. Remember, DE has to have time to bug fix the frame following release. It seems like a poor choice to release it just before Christmas, unless they want to work over it.

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

December seems a bit late to release a new frame, holidays and all that. So I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see either this year. Remember, DE has to have time to bug fix the frame following release. It seems like a poor choice to release it just before Christmas, unless they want to work over it.

Didn't stop them dumping railjack on us a week before christmas and we know how well that went 

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

As we all know, DE showed two frames alongside Xaku; the Alchemist frame and Liger's modern redesign for the old Wraith frame concept. DE said both of these guys will be coming out this year. However, we're now halfway through November and we have not seen any gameplay for Lavos whatsoever and the snakes on his arms aren't even animated yet. We have not even seen the model for the new Wraithe frame either.

I don't think DE will be following their word and we'll be seeing Wraithe sometime next year. Lavos will be a christmas release.

just in case you have been living under a rock all this time, covid kind of messed up all their (and everyone elses) plans. they even have said as much in multiple dev streams.

29 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Didn't stop them dumping railjack on us a week before christmas and we know how well that went 

And looks like they are about to do it again. Corpus Railjack is the next topic after Deimos Arcana. But, since this is expanding an existing system. It won’t be as chaotic as last year.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

That's not true at all. They will fix only critical gamebreaking bug, everything else can wait. They did that for railjack and many other times. Holydays without new contents would be the real poor choice.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Last year they released Empyrean and went on vacation lol

It's better to not push out frames just for the sake of pushing frames out.
I'll be ok with one frame a year if it's done with precision and imagination.
And for those people who think this will keep people playing - every new frame has a hype life of about a week.

I rather they invent or redo some mission type. 

2 hours ago, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

just in case you have been living under a rock all this time, covid kind of messed up all their (and everyone elses) plans. they even have said as much in multiple dev streams.

It was like 2 months ago when they said both frames would be released this year, so this is not a valid excuse.

For what it’s worth I don’t really care if they’re delayed, but you can’t blame the pandemic when the pandemic was already happening when these plans were announced.

3 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

what? name me one time when DE hasn't kept their word... wait, why do I hear a truck reversing into my hou- *gets buried in counter-evidence*

at a push, i'd say maybe PC will just get both right as Christmas rolls around. Deimos Arcana is this month for PC, consoles will likely get it early december, then PC gets Lavos, and maybe Console gets Lavos (but most likely not) as PC gets Wraithe. and then DE leaves for eggnog and good times while we cope with a buggy mess. again. (I swear to the Void if we get a repeat of Railjack's launch I'm gonna be salty as a motherf*****, that was one of the worst months in Warframe's history for me.) they could rush both frames out super fast and then call it for the holidays, but that would NOT go down well on here, I can tell you now. 

I could be totally wrong of course. at the very least I think PC will get Lavos before the year is out, consoles will have to make do with Arcana until new year.

3 hours ago, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

Hmm, pretty sure your voice is the one coming from under a rock mate. DE started working from home over six months ago and they teased the frames during TennoCon this year in August, which was three months ago. They had long settled into the working from home due to COVID routine by that point.

They made the statement well after they'd arranged and been settled into the new working environment. So that is not a valid excuse. 

Maybe it may not release this year. Or it could already be close to completion and they've been working on it in secret for all we know. Deimos completely came out of the left field without knowing about it for a long period of time or expecting it even. We don't know DE's behind the scene work flow at all so its hard to say. My only thought is to just wait and see because either we'll end up being surprised or disappointed. Or both because his kit doesn't live up to what its supposed to be while still being released early. So I'll just adopt the wait and see stance for now.

Hats off to the dev team they have coped with the global problem done multiple fixes for the rather disastrous railjack launch, redone status, deimos, and fixes, been working behind the scenes to get warframe on to next gen consoles, the benefits even pc is seeing because of the need for DE to update as well so, i think i will take late delivery of new frames as long as there fixed and run on pts. Before release rather than rushed for some idea there a must before Christmas. DE please do a Quality release, not quantity because you said you could.

I'm mostly surprised they'd even say it would come out this year. I don't recall it, but I'll believe it until I see proof otherwise si ce I'm too lazy to go to the source. I do recall the devstream, vaguely.

I mean, we already know the work put into a frame, and that the pandemic doesn't ease things up. So even one frame takes a lot of effort, why plan for two frames in two months?

Even on the best of times we usually get 1 frame per every 1.5 months-ish - 1 new frame and 1 prime. Except when new frames get delayed. In the end this doesn't affect me, since I wasn't even 100% sure Lavos would come to consoles this year, let alone Wraith.

5 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

If I am not mistaken, Lavos will be coming with the CD update, which is coming this month. I highly doubt will be getting another frame this year.

6 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

When you say they gave "their word" Wraithe would come this year, what are you referring to? 

Archived