Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't think DE will keep their word about the Wraith frames release.

TheGodofWiFi

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

I'm mostly surprised they'd even say it would come out this year. I don't recall it, but I'll believe it until I see proof otherwise si ce I'm too lazy to go to the source. I do recall the devstream, vaguely.

I mean, we already know the work put into a frame, and that the pandemic doesn't ease things up. So even one frame takes a lot of effort, why plan for two frames in two months?

Even on the best of times we usually get 1 frame per every 1.5 months-ish - 1 new frame and 1 prime. Except when new frames get delayed. In the end this doesn't affect me, since I wasn't even 100% sure Lavos would come to consoles this year, let alone Wraith.

I do remember them saying something to that effect, but I also remember raising an Eyebrow at it given that this was a couple months ago.

One frame in a couple months? Sure. Two? Possible, if unlikely. Baruuk came out just a month after Garuda, after all, so it's been done. Three? I don't buy it.

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

I think there is a difference between planning something to be released and giving their word that it would happen. DE has not given us their word.

Yes they have. See below.

56 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

When you say they gave "their word" Wraithe would come this year, what are you referring to? 

The TennoCon 2020 stream at precisely 1:35:15 timestamp.

Given the usual amount of frames per year and their release intervals it seems highly unlikely, just as it seemed highly unlikely when they mentioned it at tennocon.

It would mean 3 frames in barely 6 months and 4 total frames for the year. Getting Lavos already puts us at the normal for a non-covid year, which is 3 frames (Protea, Xaku, Lavos), anything beyond that would just be a bonus.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb TheGodofWiFi:

Yes they have. See below.

That is what I meant. They have NOT given their word. The difference is maybe subtle but very important. It is one thing to fail a goal you declared yourself while making a good faith effort. It is a bit different to say that you give your word that it would happened.

Giving your word is a very serious promise or vow. Saying that you plan to release something this year, is not.

34 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

The TennoCon 2020 stream at precisely 1:35:15 timestamp.

Thanks.

Like  a lot of  developers at publicity events, they certainly weren't careful enough to say it was "planned".

But at the same time that's not giving "their word", AFAIC.   While DE is more prone to it than any other game company I've dealt with,  it really is just a standard clash between hype and feature lag.  Breaking a promise would be more like a betrayal.   Do you feel betrayed?  I don't.

To me, every time frame given to a new feature carries the caveat, "if everything goes pretty much as we hope".  

35 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Giving your word is a very serious promise or vow. Saying that you plan to release something this year, is not.

If you want to argue about what counts as giving their word and what doesn't then Geoff openly said he is committed to bringing the frames to the game in 2020. Committed is synonymous with the word pledge, which is another word for promise. So actually, yes DE did give us their word.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Theres this thing called covid...yeah it's pretty serious. It really hurts development time.

There's this thing called reading through a thread before you post. Some guy already tried this invalid excuse of DE's behaviour. DE made the announcement well after they'd settled into a working from home environment. 

Also, DE have delayed many times before Covid ever happened, so again, not a valid excuse.

22 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

But at the same time that's not giving "their word", AFAIC.

See the above answer to Prexades,

22 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Do you feel betrayed?  I don't.

Betrayed? No. Disappointed that DE still is taking after Peter Molyneux? Yes.

9 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

If you want to argue about what counts as giving their word and what doesn't then Geoff openly said he is committed to bringing the frames to the game in 2020. Committed is synonymous with the word pledge, which is another word for promise. So actually, yes DE did give us their word.

There's this thing called reading through a thread before you post. Some guy already tried this invalid excuse of DE's behaviour. DE made the announcement well after they'd settled into a working from home environment. 

Also, DE have delayed many times before Covid ever happened, so again, not a valid excuse.

See the above answer to Prexades,

Betrayed? No. Disappointed that DE still is taking after Peter Molyneux? Yes.

Either way complaining to us is doing any good. Either way we all gotta wait, idk why it matters so much. I'm not surprised in the slightest this frame will be late, most things are. Its DE ffs, release something unfinished, you will *@##$, release it late for polish, you'll still *@##$. Calm down, it's coming. It's only a month or two, you telling me you'd rather complain than wait? Oh no it's the end of the world I gotta wait! Oh the humanity!

5 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Either way complaining to us is doing any good. Either way we all gotta wait, idk why it matters so much. I'm not surprised in the slightest this frame will be late, most things are. Its DE ffs, release something unfinished, you will *@##$, release it late for polish, you'll still *@##$. Calm down, it's coming. It's only a month or two, you telling me you'd rather complain than wait? Oh no it's the end of the world I gotta wait! Oh the humanity!

Calm down.

I'm simply annoyed DE keep making "commitments" to things and not delivering, like how fans of Cyberpunk 2077 are annoyed that CDPR has delayed the game for fourth time this year. If DE simply said, "We don't know at this time" it would be fine. This thread is yet again highlighting DE's bad habit they picked up in the Peter Molyneux School of Giving-Definitive-Statements-About-Things-You-Aren't-Actually-Sure-About.

Now, sit down and have a cup of tea because you're clearly very upset about something.

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

Calm down.

I'm simply annoyed DE keep making "commitments" to things and not delivering, like how fans of Cyberpunk 2077 are annoyed that CDPR has delayed the game for fourth time this year. If DE simply said, "We don't know at this time" it would be fine.

Now, sit down and have a cup of tea because you're clearly very upset about something.

Calm down...yet you're the one complaining that they didn't keep their "Promise" about a warframe? Right...either way *@##$ing isn't doing anything, whereas everyone else is just waiting. The only thing I'm mad about is the update that broke invites on console. I just dont know how else to say be #*!%ing patient, it'll get here when it gets here.

Just now, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Calm down...yet you're the one complaining that they didn't keep their "Promise" about a warframe?

I'm doing it in a calm way. You're kicking and screaming in your replies for some reason and being unnecessarily sarcy as well as wrong.

I'm ignoring you from now on as I don't want this thread to get derailed.

15 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I'm doing it in a calm way. You're kicking and screaming in your replies for some reason and being unnecessarily sarcy as well as wrong.

I'm ignoring you from now on as I don't want this thread to get derailed.

I figured you'd get it with stronger words, but I guess the complaining will continue. Where was I wrong though, besides the way I conducted myself. Regardless it all just boils down to you being impatient. That's all this is.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Regardless it all just boils down to you being impatient.

Your missing OPs point.  Their not been impatient. Their calling out DE for saying their going to do something,  then not doing it. .  It's bulds miss trust with their playerbase. ..   and for DE they do it alot. ...  

12 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Your missing OPs point.  Their not been impatient. Their calling out DE for saying their going to do something,  then not doing it. .  It's bulds miss trust with their playerbase. ..   and for DE they do it alot. ...  

And he's surprised about that? Its DE ffs, this shouldn't be new to anyone.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting on basic content for AAA Marvel's Avengers. I'll take DE over any other Game as Service developer any day. Including Grinding Gear games and they are some of the best. 

Maybe, just maybe game development isn't as easy as you think it is sitting behind a keyboard.

I didn't even know people anticipated frames like this. 

11 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Edit 2: Please don't reply with some smarmy sarcastic comment about Covid 19. Its not a valid excuse for two very important reasons; DE made the statement four months after they had started working from home

Right, because it shouldn't take more than four months to figure out how to deal with a literally unprecedented global pandemic. For the life of me I'll never understand why some people seem so affronted by delays.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Eh, better to delay him and fix stuff than keep releasing more things 

Sorry, but no. "Fixing stuff" is no longer a valid excuse for delaying things that have been given a VERY clear release window.

CD Project Red is also learning that constant delays are detrimental to encouraging investors to stick around for future projects (my source is coming from watching CDPR stock absolutely plummet after announcing their last 2 delays).

This all goes back to transparency. Keeping your community informed on specific hang ups, accountability from those preventing project completion, and showing progress with physical images and not just "word of mouth assurances". This is what drives customer loyalty. This is what keeps a long term investment from going belly up.

DE has yet to grow and mature as a business and their behavior is starting to coach their community to "just be ok with it. It's cool man, the things they promised will come...eventually...and that's good for me".

DE is a business. They shouldn't be rewarded with players continuing to invest time and money in to a project that they clearly are ill-equipped to manage.

Archived