Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Infested Kitguns Megathread

SilverBones

Welcome Tenno!

With the release of Deimos: Arcana, we have included Infested Kitguns!

CHAMBERS:
Vermisplicer 
Primary: Long-range proboscis attaches to a target and then splits off to attack up to five more enemies.
Secondary: Three short-range proboscises fiercely latch onto targets and maul them.

Sporelacer
Primary: Launches spore-sacs that explode with toxic mist on each bounce. Automatic trigger.
Secondary: Fires spore-sacs that rupture into three smaller toxic projectiles on impact. Semi-automatic trigger.

GRIPS:
Palmaris
This secondary grip increases fire-rate while sacrificing little in the damage delivery. 

Ulnaris
This primary grip increases fire-rate while sacrificing little in the damage delivery.

LOADERS:
Arcroid
Small loader that contributes to both Critical Chance and Status Chance.

Macro Arcroid
Large loader that contributes to both Critical Chance and Status Chance.

Thyroid
A higher capacity small loader with a slower reload process. 

Macro Thymoid
Massive capacity loader with a long, cumbersome reload.

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of Infested Kitguns, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil.

• If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like.
  • If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Deimos: Arcana Bug-Hunting Megathread!

Thank you!

is the Vermisplicer Chamber + Ulnaris Grip supposed to have innate 5.0 Multishot or is this a bug of some sort? it's only that particular combination of Chamber and Grip, so i'm not sure what to make of it 

nevermind, i'm stupid, it's all secondary Grips. given the Vermisplicer's description it's probably correct

TUr4poI.png

Please consider making all modular systems in Warframe fully modular by allowing seamless swapping of parts. This problem continues to grow at an alarming rate, and the frustration only grows over time. I understand that this is a huge thing to tackle from a development perspective, but it is a necessary one.

Each time even a single part is added, there is an exponential increase in possible weapon composition, and they have to be Forma'd from the ground up. This is especially frustrating for long term players who have crafted Zaws before Plague Star, after Hok got a few new Strikes, Fortuna, Primary Kitguns, Amps before Fortuna, Amps after Fortuna, Moas before new parts were added, K-Drives, new Deimos companions, the Tremor-Tombfinger problem, and now Infested Kitguns.

Every time we get an addition (which is a healthy one for the game), it deepens the problem with "Modulars" in Warframe in that they are not modular at all. Players must rebuild everything in their arsenal to try any sort of combination. This hurts new players who do not have loads of resources, it pushes players to use the "meta compositions" (See: Catchmoon 2018-2019), and it frustrates old players who spend loads of time on their builds.

Here is my Arsenal of modulars:

Modulars_Warframe.png

This is quite a lot compared to many players, but this sort of issue is why I will wait for the top DPS Infested Kitguns to be known by players, and I will skip "trying" combinations in order to respect my time and resources and not waste any. The kicker is that if a new Infested Kitgun Grip or Loader is slightly better than an existing one, all my current Kitguns and their Forma are now obsolete. This will be further amplified when we get Modular Archwings, which I feel will actually ruin the Archwing system because of how non-modular Warframe's "Modular" system is.

Thank you for reading this long feedback, and I hope Modulars in Warframe can allow seamless weapon swapping to provide a fresh experience for players that encourages trial and error, experimentation, and niche builds.

56 minutes ago, MasterOrange0 said:

In the game macro arcroid has the desciption "massive capacity loader with long, cumbersome reload." , while macro thymoid is "large loader that contributes to both critical and status chance.", should i follow the description in game or here?

Seconding this. I built a new kitgun based on the in-game stats without cross-referencing the patch notes. Assuming that the Macro Thymoid is indeed supposed to be the massive capacity loader, I built the wrong gun.

The thing that really bums me out is that the standing from turning in an ungilded kitgun is only 600, and gilding it only increases that to 1,200, despite costing 5,000 standing and some debt-bonds. It's a loss of standing, materials, and time no matter how you slice it.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

The kicker is that if a new Infested Kitgun Grip or Loader is slightly better than an existing one, all my current Kitguns and their Forma are now obsolete.

Yeah this is a serious problem. I wont touch them till someone else does the research on them.

2 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Yeah this is a serious problem. I wont touch them till someone else does the research on them.

And then wait a little longer for the inevitable nerf which makes the initially good parts useless - remember what happened to primary tombfingers.

7 hours ago, Artiamus said:

Both Sporelacer and Vermisplicer appear under both primary and secondary. Does this mean they need to be completed twice for MR or does doing one count for both verisons of the chamber?

This is the same for the kitgun chambers from Fortuna, you get mastery only once but the profile shows them as uncompleted until you build, level, guild and relevel each of them as both primary and secondary.

I've got a Haymaker-Ramflare Vermisplicer, and let me tell you, something went VERY wrong with it. Whenever it is fired, it sends my camera into a frenzy, with intense shaking making it difficult to see and harder to keep my lunch down. Please revise this, because the screenshake is making this weapon unusable.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Colyeses:

Whenever it is fired, it sends my camera into a frenzy, with intense shaking making it difficult to see and harder to keep my lunch down.

A lot of players mentioned this on the test server, but DE hasn’t changed it...

Il y a 9 heures, Voltage a dit :

Please consider making all modular systems in Warframe fully modular by allowing seamless swapping of parts. This problem continues to grow at an alarming rate, and the frustration only grows over time. I understand that this is a huge thing to tackle from a development perspective, but it is a necessary one.

Each time even a single part is added, there is an exponential increase in possible weapon composition, and they have to be Forma'd from the ground up. This is especially frustrating for long term players who have crafted Zaws before Plague Star, after Hok got a few new Strikes, Fortuna, Primary Kitguns, Amps before Fortuna, Amps after Fortuna, Moas before new parts were added, K-Drives, new Deimos companions, the Tremor-Tombfinger problem, and now Infested Kitguns.

Every time we get an addition (which is a healthy one for the game), it deepens the problem with "Modulars" in Warframe in that they are not modular at all. Players must rebuild everything in their arsenal to try any sort of combination. This hurts new players who do not have loads of resources, it pushes players to use the "meta compositions" (See: Catchmoon 2018-2019), and it frustrates old players who spend loads of time on their builds.

Modulars_Warframe.png

This is quite a lot compared to many players, but this sort of issue is why I will wait for the top DPS Infested Kitguns to be known by players, and I will skip "trying" combinations in order to respect my time and resources and not waste any. The kicker is that if a new Infested Kitgun Grip or Loader is slightly better than an existing one, all my current Kitguns and their Forma are now obsolete. This will be further amplified when we get Modular Archwings, which I feel will actually ruin the Archwing system because of how non-modular Warframe's "Modular" system is.

Thank you for reading this long feedback, and I hope Modulars in Warframe can allow seamless weapon swapping to provide a fresh experience for players that encourages trial and error, experimentation, and niche builds.

This.

OR allow valence transfer between modular items, so we can build a part and transfer it to another modular item, destroying the old part in the process. This is not ideal but would bring a fair middle ground if you don't want players to swap too much and too easily, even if I think easy swapping upon obtention (which allow easy testing) is one of the big plus of warframe theory craft.

PLEASE remove the ridiculous recoil from Vermisplicer. I am epileptic and VERY susceptible to motion sickness and this gun makes me extremely nauseous. I have the secondary version of the Vermisplicer (idk if the primary one also has the same issue) and -recoil doesn't seem to do anything. Please remove it, I was looking forward to it when I read the patch notes but this weapon for me is practically unusable.

4 hours ago, Fps_Hamster said:

There some problem with Secondary Vermispicer. when fire in long range, the tentacles not hit the target what Crosshair aim

4 hours ago, Ajuwen said:

I can't use Primary Vermisplicer because I get motion sickness while firing. Something is wrong with the recoil.

Both issues were brought up during testing. Apparently DE didn't find time to fix these. Good thing nobody really cares about Kitguns anymore anyway, and good thing the new Arcanes requiring the use of a Kitgun are still bad. Just wait a couple months, it will eventually get fixed... probably. I'm still salty about DE making the last Kitgun I invested in literally obsolete within a week.

16 hours ago, Voltage said:

Modulars_Warframe.png

I think you may have a problem... lol... so many zaws and kitguns...

charlie day cat GIF by Maudit

The Secondary Vermispicer Grips do not change the range. Base range seems to be 10 meters for tentacles to "latch" on. 

Gibber does not increase this range, but Ruinous Extension (+8 meters) does increase the 'latch' range to 18 meters.

Would be great if DE could drop a note if this is intended or a bug. Since it impacts how people build around the grips. If there is no Range change all Secondary Vermispicers  may as well just be Haymakers. If they are supposed to change range they may end up all being Gibbers (due to the low damage & high crit 'beam', and very minor loss in damage between Haymaker and Gibber extremes).

5 hours ago, jellyunicorn said:

PLEASE remove the ridiculous recoil from Vermisplicer. I am epileptic and VERY susceptible to motion sickness and this gun makes me extremely nauseous.

I don't have epilepsy, I am not very susceptible to motion sickness, and the Vermisplicer is making me sick as well. The camera quaking must be removed as fast as possible, DE.

The status chance for secondary Vermisplicer is too low imo, making it underwhelming compared to primary one. Secondary Vermisplicer only gets a poor 7.8% SC even with the highest SC loader like Ramflare. This forces players to build crit-only Vermisplicer. I would love to see it gets a buff in SC, even a 5% buff. 

In addition, the aiming mechanism of secondary Vermisplicer seems to be bugged. According to my tests in Simulacrum, it would bypass the first enemy and deal much of the damage to the second one when you are standing close to two enemies in a row. 

Hope to see some fixes!

Archived