Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Bonewidow Necramech Megathread

SilverBones

Bonewidow is not bad, but kindda close one.

MEATHOOK
first, it's hard to hold enemy more than i expected. and also, it's shame that holden/thrown enemy hasn't got any damage.

SHIELD MAIDEN
good defensive ability, but i want it to use shield strike when using melee button.

it can do that when we use both shield maiden and ironbride casted, right? then why can't we use it when only shield maiden casted?

FIRING LINE
wish to increase horizental range. 

EXALTED IRONBRIDE

need to be arch melee mods buffed

+ and why does bonwidow hasn't any polarities?

As a side effect of being able to reach level 40 with 5 Formas, you cannot put a focus lens on Bonewidow before putting in said 5 Formas. My Voidrig has a lens installed from when 30 was the max... on my Bonewidow, all XP is just lost to the Void until I invest into upgrading her (and in her current sorry state plus the excruciating ordeal that is levelling these things, I absolutely refuse to even invest a potato, let alone forma).

En 20/11/2020 a las 7:48, (XBOX)HollowCube987 dijo:

I'm on Xbox so I just wanted to ask the PC Chads a question

Upon building the Voidrig Necramech, you are rewarded with a free Mausolon. What are you given upon building the Bonewidow?

Another Mausolon

31 minutes ago, Mephane said:

As a side effect of being able to reach level 40 with 5 Formas, you cannot put a focus lens on Bonewidow before putting in said 5 Formas. My Voidrig has a lens installed from when 30 was the max... on my Bonewidow, all XP is just lost to the Void until I invest into upgrading her (and in her current sorry state plus the excruciating ordeal that is levelling these things, I absolutely refuse to even invest a potato, let alone forma).

Can your Voidrig still rank up normally through the additional ranks with that lens equipped? I have one forma and a lens on the Voidrig currently (Only to discover they have no second energy color unfortunately, I don't see why they couldn't have one), but I'm also assuming I'd need to put in more forma after that to begin getting to rank 32, etc. (In other words, pre-update forma likely wouldn't enable post-update rank ups beyond 30).

If it helps, I took the Voidrig to Fortuna for level 30-40 bounties, and moved up to standard T5 bounties after a certain point with an affinity booster active. I found it to be an interesting way to work on bounties to be honest (Multitasking by going for Fortuna standing with a new thing to rank up), and actually manageable considering that Rejuvenation is the only way to recover their HP (We seriously need more ways to heal them!). From what I've been reading across the thread, I don't know if Bonewidow would have as easy of a time leveling in the Orb Vallis however.

I seem unable to use the exalted blade, if I summon it I'm unable to neither fire my normal weapon or use melee. This was indeed a bug, sword is still too slow and too weak to be useful imo.

Second and third ability didn't seem to be that useful useful either, I was still taking frontal damage while shield was out (possibly aoe component making ability worthless?) and third ability wasn't doing anything useful inside the tiny vault passages.

Just gonna repost my thoughts from another thread.

Identifiable Problems:

Meathook is utterly useless on Bonewidow as an ability.

• Takes more energy, time, and effort to skewer an enemy than to shoot or slash them.
  • Meathook cannot be used after taking out the Shieldmaiden.
  • Does minimal damage, and has the hitbox of a sewing needle.

Firing Line does not add anything to the table in terms of offense, defense, or utility for either gun or blade modes.

• It does not really stop the enemies from firing on you (a stagger doesn't do much...)
  • It does not debuff enemies or buff you.
  • Aiming with a gun is not hard (especially guns with AOE)
  • Sword mode has extremely broad sweeps that cover more ground than Firing Line. Lol.

Shieldmaiden is too flimsy, and provides little value when in melee range.

• A few thousand HP without damage reduction is a drop in the bucket even in mid-level content.
  • Locks out the use of meathook (meathook is useless, but why does one ability lock out another in the first place?)
  • Limited angle of blocking does not allow a melee-focused mech the utility it needs.

Exalted Ironbride has problems in the damage, utility, and fluidity departments.

• 1500 base damage is not enough to scale with higher leveled content (as many have mentioned already)
  • Exalted sword does not offer any advantages over guns, besides better close range AOE (but mechs are more than mobile enough to run+gun).
  • Exalted sword has no redeeming features even compared to normal warframe melee (limited moveset+mod pool).

Proposed Changes

Meathook replaced by Fleshforged Sword, and relegated to a Shieldmaiden auxiliary.

Spoiler

• Change meathook to be an alt-fire when Shieldmaiden is equipped. Using alt-fire will do a shield bash (meathook animation, except with shield in hand) and send enemies hurling away. 
  • Can hit multiple enemies on one strike.

Firing Line replaced by Pounding Vortex, and integrated as part of Exalted Ironbride's combos

Spoiler

• Auto-activates upon 2nd swing of sword combo (the one before the vertical slash) to lineup enemies for vertical slash.
  • Adds [X*number targets*ability strength] Void damage for [X*ability duration] seconds if vertical swing strikes targets gathered by Firing Line.
  • Guarantees 2x critical chance on any enemies lined up. 
  • Base range increased to 1.5x current.

Shieldmaiden both reduces damage, blocks damage, and provides time to recover after breaking.

Spoiler

• Increased base HP to 4k, scales with [ability power*mech HP].
  • Has armor scaled on [Bonewidow armor*ability strength].
  • Provides energy field to reduce damage from angles shield block does not cover.
  • Upon having Shieldmaiden's HP fully depleted, releases a radial blind that lasts 4 seconds*ability duration.
  • Can use adjusted meathook to shieldbash and hurl enemies away.

Exalted Ironbride is separated into both passive and active portions.

Spoiler

• Passive mode (Ironbride) is always on unless Active mode is toggled.
    • Mech default melee uses Ironbride instead of bare hands.
    • Used just like normal melee (press melee to instantly swap to sword, press aim to swap back to gun)
    • Add a dash attack that can transition to combo (smoother transition from slide/dash into melee combos)
    • Does 70% of Active mode's total damage.
    • Add charged heavy attack that transitions into normal melee combo.
  • Active Mode (Exalted Ironbride) is toggled by using Exalted Ironbride. Has all features of passive Ironbride along with new utilities.
    • Has Firing line auto-activation after 2nd swing in combo, lining up enemies for vertical slash.
    • Increased base damage to 10k.
    • Shieldbash with sword out has guaranteed status procc
    • Allow jump attack to transition into combo.
    • Increased swing speed
    • Increased critical damage/chance
    • Add a fourth swing after vertical slash that does AOE explosion on strike.
    • Can still be swapped instantly between gun/melee. Does not drain energy while gun is out.

Abilities replacing Meathook+Firing Line: Fleshforged Sword and Pounding Vortex

Fleshforged Sword replaces Meathook. Allows mech to skewer enemies onto the Ironbride to increase damage and add auxiliary effects (affects both passive and active modes).

Spoiler

• Add +400 impact damage per enemy skewered (max 5)
  • At 4+ skewered enemies, add knockdown effect to sword swings.
  • Enemies skewered do not take damage from outside sources, but bleed out over X*Ability duration seconds (Higher duration = slower bleedout)
    • Bleedout applies DoT heal for Bonewidow equal to bleedout damage*ability strength.
  • Enemies skewered can be hurled as projectiles with charged heavy attack (damage based on sword base+15% per enemy skewered).

Pounding Vortex replaces Firing Line. Lets the mech punch the ground, radially sucking in all enemies within 35 meters to mech.

Spoiler

• Scales with ability range.
  • Inflicts knockdown to all enemies.
  • If used while Shieldmaiden is active, releases a flash to blind enemies for 2.5 seconds
    • Sets blinded enemies on fire.
    • Blind duration affected by ability duration.
  • Chains into Heavy Attack, which heals Bonewidow for 5% total damage done.

QoL Changes

• Change Bonewidow shield holster position to left shoulder (e.g. same as how Tallgeese from GW has it's shield).
  • Bonewidow no longer holsters shield after every boost/slide (made easier if shield is on shoulder, since it can holster itself with the sliding grip).
  • Omnidirectional boosting 
  • Remappable keybinds 

Quick suggestion: give ironbride positive follow through. As in the the second enemy you hit is dealt more damage than the first one, not less. Start form 200%. I think This has a good chance to be the gimmick that every good exalted weapon has. If not, I think the follow through should be at least buffed from 70% to 100%, like exalted blade.

other suggestions include increasing the range to 7 or 8 meters, changing the status chance to 45%, and changing the furor mod to increase archmelee attack speed by 30% so players have to option of making ironbride faster to swing if they want to.

i tryed bonewidow, and, well, aesthetically is beautiful, but on the technical side is....awful..

meathook: not only it's extremely hard and tedious to hook enemies(due to the weird animation it has, that forces you to go forward) but it's not even dealing any damage, even when landing( assuming the enemy you hooked will landing, because most of the times, it will not even be thrown)

shield maiden: it's a shield that isn't shielding.... normal melee shields can 100% block incoming damage, but this one has.... an healthbar? whats the point of this shield? especially if the first necramech has a better shield all around him... what about increasing the energy cost to 100, but you make it indestructible and increase a bit the block angle(or increase the shield model size),,,too broken? then give it a duration..

firing line: isn't working at all, and i think it's a really bad ability... change it into a damage ability or a better CC ability.

ironbride: i still didn't have unlocked it( because you know, sometimes, when the enemies easily destroy the mech, the exp just resets and i have to start all over again) but listening to other player that already have it, i'm scared to try it... no damage, bad moveset, i hope atleast is moddable.

Playing with bonewidow feels absolutely terrible !

Maybe this has to do with the order the mechs were released yet, but when you compare the mechs, bonewidow feels just absolutely underwhelmingly weak right now. With voidrig you can level a whole city to the ground in mere seconds.. For a frontline fighter you would think, that bonewidow would have a better shielding ability, but not only does this one only block fire from the front, it's even weaker than voidrig shield.

MEATHOOK                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              When you've equipped the shield, you can't use the first ability at all, wich is okayish it seems, since I would consider it being it's weakest ability by far. Just trying to execute the hook feels absolutely terrible, bc you miss it almost all the time.. and if you manage to grab an enemy and take the shield in hand, you just drop the enemy, without doing any dmg at all. Do I have to mention the dmg of this ability in the first place? 🤨

SHIELD MAIDEN                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        When it would have like increased shield value by 50% again and in addition to that some % possibility of ricochet to dmg enemys, this would be something nice. But when you compare it to voidrigs stormshround wich has 360° shield and when used tactically can easy exceed 10k shield value, shield maiden seems not that great like it is now.

FIRING LINE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             This ability feels very underwhelming too. Like some mentioned before, it could do some stagger, add dmg vulnerability or anything. As it is now, I can't decide what ability is the most useless.. but to say that it would be better than meathook wouldn't be true at all. Both abilities are very bad. But at least you can use firing line, while you have the shield maiden up xD

IRONBRIDE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   The dmg it does is ok, if you have a few forma in the weapon.. but I'm asking myself how to do the heavy attack or the slide attack, which are both mentioned in it's stats when modding it. The slam attack only does like 1/4 dmg of a normal strike with it and to swing it at all only seems to work for me, when shield maiden is up. The fact that you can smash enemys with your shield is very cool tho. But unfortunately the mods in the weapon don't boost the unarmed or shield dmg

ps

Is it intended, that bonewidow starts with 0 polarities, while voidrig does have 3 ?

Also curious about the aura forma. In the past, you've refunded umbra forma to players, that have used them on mechs. Can't apply aura forma to bonewidow, while my voidrig still has the universal mod slot

FC917529320A03850B03347C33A1D53DFF43B254

Copied and pasted from my reddit post on it. https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/jzsxha/bonewidows_1_and_2_may_be_pretty_bad_but_its_3/?

I got my Bonewidow this morning and I've been slogging it out, wishing more than ever for DE to let us use Necramechs (and K-Drives) in normal missions already. My impression of it at first was a bit sour based on feedback from others who had it earlier, but when I hit level 10 and got Ironbride I started to like it more and more.

For those who don't know, Ironbride affects Bonewidow's Slide damage and makes it into an insane chaining tool for damage as well as a great damage dealer by itself. I don't quite know how, whether it is Ironbride's stats, mods or all of the above adding to the Slide's stats, but that is the first good thing about it.

The second thing that makes Ironbride great is actually a bug; normally casting it locks you into the ability. However, due to Ironbride being considered a unique melee, Bonewidow has a bug where going in and out of it as Operator while Ironbride is active replicates the gun/melee instant swap feature they added some updates ago. With this bug you can swap between your Archgun and Ironbride on the fly just like Valkyr, Excalibur and Baruuk can with their Exalted melees, which feels simply amazing and I hope is kept in and becomes a genuine feature that other Necramechs can follow.

At this point using Bonewidow in this way is rather technical, especially when you add Sliding as both mobility and damage as well as slide and melee animation canceling to circumvent the long endlag from slams and final swings. You can then add Firing Line to the mix to round up enemies in a very large radius around you and then you can either Slide through them all, Slide into Ironbride or shoot them down. I feel like a genuine melee juggernaut. Heck, I tried Steel Path Plains to try and level up and encountered several Acolytes and I mowed them and every Grineer I met down with Ironbride and Ironbride, it was amazing.

Of course, it is a shame that the 1 and 2 fall flat in fully realizing the Bonewidow's vision as a juggernaut tank mech. For starters, the shield cancels Meathook and locks it from use while active, has pretty low health and it fails to block a surprising amount of damage whether it be AoE or seemingly just hitting it wherever the shield isn't covering, and Meathook is clunky, hard to land and does basically no damage.

If its abilities themselves could not be exchanged for new ones, my ideas to buff Meathook and Shield Maiden would be:

• Meathook - Impale an enemy. Drains health from impaled enemy to heal the Bonewidow and infuses the impaled enemy with a volatile toxic charge over time. Taking/blocking damage increases a modifier that multiplies the damage of the explosion further.
  • Shield Maiden - Does not cancel/lock the use of Meathook. Remove health mechanic i.e block all damage identically to Warframe melee block. Becomes duration based. AoE damage taken while active is reduced by 50%. Blocking damage increases the width of the shield up to +50% in all directions permanently until ability ends manually or automatically. Alternatively, if the shield health mechanic has to be kept, mitigate all shield damage and 50% of normal damage taken to enemy affected by Meathook while Meathook is active.

Personally if I could, I'd combine Meathook and Shield Maiden into one ability as a tap/hold function and call it Iron Maiden, like the torture device, and give Bonewidow a unique ability. Above all else though, DE should keep the current Ironbride + Slide interaction, make the instant gun/melee swap a feature for Exalted Weapon Necramechs and buff the s**t out of Meathook and Shield Maiden, however they do it.

Edit: I forgot a primary point that isn't central to Bonewidow but to Archmelee: Some Archmelee mods need to be buffed, seriously. Cutting Edge and Bleeding Edge need their mod capacity costs reduced a couple notches, Furor definitely needs a buff from 10% attack speed at max rank, and I'm not exactly sure if it's just me but the Arsenal stats and the Ability Page stats for Ironbride seem to differ.

I just noticed this was here, so Imma do a big ole' copypasty.

Meathook is far too unreliable. It can grab enemies in groups without a problem, sure, but individually, there's way too many microadjustments that the player has to make. On top of that, the damage is barely notable whatsoever. And it seems like if the enemy goes past a specific travel distance, not only do they not take damage, but they don't proc the AoE. A bad plan for something you can only really summon in open worlds.

Spoiler

For the sake of not making this all about the cheese and whine, lemme just:

Remove the little forward step animation, and have Meathook's grapple work in a similar way to Ripline, to allow Bonewidow to grab flying enemies. Give it a similar amount of range too. Allow the player to use the impaled enemy to attack, giving melee attacks a damage boost dependant on the enemy type. (Apparently this has been added. If so, this buff should apply to Exalted Ironbride if it does not already) Each attack depletes the impaled enemy's HP by an amount equal to the damage dealt. HP drain is also a decent idea, for the sake of Bonewidow's durability. So it would be a synergy between this and Shieldmaiden, where Bonewidow has first a "human" shield and then her actual shield.

Firing Line is bafflingly pointless. The reach is nowhere near good enough to result in any weighty change to enemy distribution. It deals no damage either, which only really makes matters worse. To top it all off, it doesn't even immobilize the enemy to enable you to do what it tells you it can do. You sweep'em, and as soon as the forcewalls are gone, a couple of the cheekier enemies will begin to circle around you.

Spoiler

Firing Line should have a greater range, and a wider angle to sweep enemies. Ideally, it'd be at it's lowest range when the angle is the widest it could be, gaining range as the angle closes. It should deal damage as well. I'd say "not a huge amount", but considering how much the base Arquebex can dish out, it should deal an at least significant amount. Preferably adding a damage multiplier for each enemy caught by the forcefields. Finally, it should either tether, immobilize, stun or slow the enemies it hits, if only to ensure that the ability is "Sweeping surrounding enemies into the line of fire" for an amount of time that's anywhere close to reasonable. For the sake of nabbing flying enemy, it should have a greater vertical range as well.

Shieldmaiden is underwhelming, even after the "buff" it got. It can't resist enough damage, and it blocks far too little for what it advertises. Not only that but, for being an ability given to a mech designed to "jump into the fray", it's very poorly planned. The thing with jumping into the fray is that you're likely to be surrounded. Very easily as well. And, once again, the shield only really blocks frontal damage.

Spoiler

Activating Shieldmaiden should give Bonewidow damage reduction. Not on the shield, not against frontal damage. Damage reduction, period. The shield's health should be increased, and I do think the shield itself should either gain some damage reduction for itself (Either based on Bonewidow's armor or through other calculations). Alternatively, if the shield is going to last for as long as it does, which isn't much, it should at least have something to allow the players to back off safely after it deactivates. Something along the lines of a circular AoE groundpound (Think Tower Knight shieldbash from Demon's Souls, since that's a topical game RN) with forced knockdown would be ideal. Alternatively, since Meathook does not work when this ability is active, maybe hitting 1 results in the afforementioned shieldbash. If it deals damage, I'd suggest it should deal an amount dependant on the damage that both the shield and Bonewidow have taken during the duration of the ability.

Ironbride, it's sad how rachitic its stats are in comparison to a ranged weapon that fires explosive bullets at a rate of 3.3 each second.
Not even gonna spoiler this one. Buff the stats of Exalted Ironbride. Period. More speed, more damage, more range, more critchance, more critdamage, more status chance, more E V E R Y T H I N G. Modded Exalted Ironbride can barely reach the amount of damage Arquebex deals UNMODDED. And Arquebex, in case anyone missed it, is a ranged weapon that fires explosive bullets at a rate of 3.3 each second, that deal 12K damage each, with a 50% status chance, 50% crit chance, and a 3x crit multiplier.

And as a sidenote: The fact that Bonewidow costs more Standing to obtain than Voidrig is just putting salt in the wound.

I was very excied for this mech. Really was. I liked the design and the gimmick. How underwhelming she came out to be has really knocked the wind out of me. She needs a full rework, ASAP. And while I really, honestly, truly, absolutely hope Lavos will not be Xaku The Second, Bonewidow's release is fu(n/c)king concerning.

Only preliminary feedback as yet, the mechs tool kit is ....... not as good as the Voidrig by a huge margin

MEATHOOK
Doesn't seem to have a point, hard to get to work, does no damage that I can tell, bugged maybe

SHIELD MAIDEN
Not as good as Voidrig's shield, also doesn't seem to do anything vs corpus in fortuna

FIRING LINE
Just terrible, diesn't fit the theme of the mech, doesn't do much damage, seems to be blocked by slight variations on ground level

EXALTED IRONBRIDE

Gotta compare it to Voidrig again: do a metric ton of damage at range, vs almost nothing in melee.

The mech looks good, so kudos to the art team. The powers need to be radically changed, or just make it a Voidrig skin.

So, I've tried it out a bit and I think the main issue here is that it's 1 and 3 are basically useless and it's got no way of regaining health. Another issue would be it's 2. It's worse in every possible aspect when compared to Voidrig's defensive ability. Bonewidow will usually want to be close to the enemies, meaning it's worse in every aspect than it's ranged counterpart. The sword is kinda fine. It's weak compared to the Voidrig's 4, but well, still not bad.

To fix it's 2 I'd remove it's health and either add an energy cost to it (A low one) or none at all. I mean, voidrig has basically Iron Skin but better, just that it doesn't have the mods to make it as strong. Bonewidow has directional iron skin that maybe doesn't block 100% of the damage (I was still getting hit, maybe they were hitting me from behind without me noticing, but they semt to be frontal attacks) AND, on top of that, it apparently locks you from using it's 1 and has a cooldown.

To fix it's 1 I'd either make it do a nice ammount of damage or, as someone else said, make it steal the grabbed enemy's health, that'd be nice

To fix It's 3 I'd add a new functionality to it, like stunning the enemies it catches and maybe, on top of that (Or instead) making them vulnerable to damage, reducing their armor or something like that.

To fix it's 4... Well, I'd say more damage would fix it, but even without buffing the damage there are still ways to do it. At least without buffing it way too much. One way would be, as someone else said, giving it a heavy attack with the Entrati mechanic of killing 5 enemies. Something that would be nice would be it being a ranged slash or something like that, similar to Excalibur's 4 but one attack and dealing massive damage. It'd be really cool if it worked like that. 

Finally, I personally think the mech is REALLY fun. Just extremely unviable when compared to Voidrig. I mean, that one is kinda perfect. This one has it's issues, but if it's even half as viable as Voidrig I'll probably use it instead of it because I like the concept of it

Well, I hope my feedback is useful. Oh, also if you use it's 2 and then it's 4 it gets glitched and you can't attack with the sword, jump or melee even a while after deactivating it's 4

No innate polarities makes me very very sad. It takes over an hour to level from 0 to 40. I don't care about the forma itself, it just takes so long. Even with three innate polarities on Voidrig, I need 6 forma to max out the build, meaning 9 polarities which are also going to be formas on Bonewidow. 

Alright, after some more time with her and inspired by another thread, I propose a more radical rework of her abilities:

• Bonewidow now has a dedicated slot for an Archmelee weapon, not just a built-in exalted one. (Change Ironbride into a regular archmelee weapon.)
  • The Archmelee weapon is equipped at all times (except when stowed during Iron Bride, see below) in the left hand and replaces the default unarmed Necramech quick melee. In other words, she should dual wield an Archgun and an Archmelee weapon.
  • Now for her abilities
    1. Meathook can be activated at any time and has no limit on its duration. The next enemy you strike with the Archmelee weapon consumes the effect and skewers the enemy on the blade (in case of Knuxx, holds them in the fist), dealing 10% of their max hitpoints per second (scaling with power strength) and returning a portion of the damage as health to you (yes, no typo - holding an enemy for 10 seconds should absolutely kill them, quicker even if you have modded some power strength). Recasting the ability with a skewered target throws it at the targetting reticule, where on impact it deals scaling damage in a small AoE to itself and other enemies. If the target dies while skewered, you can still throw the lifeless body for the same effect.
    2. The shield is always attached to the arm even when not deployed (begone apron!), but by default inactive. Casting Shield Maiden activates the shield, meanwhile the Archmelee weapon is stowed (just beamed into the void like when you switch from a weapon on a Warframe that is not set to "show while inactive") and any skewered enemy is dropped to the ground. The shield lasts a fixed amount of time and absorbs all frontal damage, converting a percentage of it into energy.
    3. Firing Line is now a buff with a duration. Casting it no longer stops your movement. While the buff is active, the forcefield beams continously push all targets within range towards the front of you, staggering anyone affected, including those already in the front. The default angle of the effect is widened so that with Necramech Stretch equipped, it affects enemies in a full 360° circle around you.
    4. With Ironbride gone as an exalted weapon, Bonewidow gets a new 4th ability, Full Gore. The ability has a low activation cost but drains energy continously. While active, Shield Maiden cannot be cast (alternatively, casting Shield Maiden deactivates Full Gore). During Full Gore, your melee attack and movement speed is increased by 50%, all ground movement actions (sprint, charge) cost no stamina, and you can simultaneous attack with your Archmelee weapon and shoot your Archgun.

10 minutes ago, Mephane said:

1. The shield is always attached to the arm even when not deployed (begone apron!), but by default inactive. 

This.

I need it.

Make it so the shield is racked up on the shoulder (AKA like the shield on the Tallgeese from GW) when not in use, then lowers down when activated.

Also, we should get wearable armor parts for necramechs. Gotta cover up that casket.

Hello Necramech fans and DE!

(I Hope DE see this, because it's maybe can help them with work, i hope on it)

I really like bonewidow design, but her gameplay need to be buffed/changed a little bit.  For now one, that a more "Prototype" of mech than an a real one. An more moving battle train, than a mech.

Main weaknesess of Bonewidow is none skill combination(expect bugs of course, like when you wanna take EXALTED IRONBRIDE, but instead of this get EXALTED EMPTINESS on necramech left hand).

Her skills looks like they can be working togheter, but sadly it's not true. When you get shield you cant use your 1, and your 3 dont help with cc.

What i suggest to do with all of her stuff. it's can be done without many game developer resourses, just a code in mostly way.

First thing is MEATHOOK as an instrument of heal and cc:

Спойлер

It's really fun ability that sadly dont have any use in real battle.

Why? Just look at what Meathook do. You take one enemy in your hand and stun him. Just cc for a single target, that's block your protection, block use on Shield Maiden.

Use meathlook to be left without your main shield, when your mech can't be healed and have small shield just for cc a single target? Not in a milion years.

But what if we get some buff on this thing. What if Meathook become a small heal/regeneration with possibility of cc and combination on others skills?

Just imagine, you grab your enemy and you automaticly start to drain his life, heal your mech for maybe 2 health/s while enemy on your hand. Or you can thorwn him and enemies that get shot by it, become stun for 2s and gets open to "finisher" attack to your teammates.

And i will ask you again. You can use your protection, or disable it for heal and cc to your comrades. Hard to choose, right? Exsactly, it need to be choose what you need for now. More heal, protection or cc?

And now about combination start with SHIELD MAIDE to shield throwing:

Спойлер

It's nice protection ability, just need a little bit more health on shiled and more protection angle.

But block on 1, while you use your Shield, it's a sad thing. But what if we can thrown the shield?

We can thrown enemies, why we can thrown your shield?)

Just imagine that Meathook dont be block while you use shield, instead of this when you use first abilities, you disable your shield but thorwn your shield, with the same animation as thrown enemies and same effect with new stun.

You can activate your shield, thrown into the enemies, then while he in stun, get him with Meathook.

Now FIRING LINE:

Спойлер

I love concept of this thing, get all enemies to smash in front of you and then they get be smashed by your SHIFT fun thing that work to weak.

Why?

First of all, enemies, when you moved than still can shoot at you, while you just stay on position and do nothing.

It's ability need to be have a stun/disarm effect. Just when you push 3. all enemies around you on ability distance will be stun for 4s, before they start to move. And move angle might be a little more, to get all enemies in line.

And when you use abilities you must get buff to x2 increase your melee damage or just SHIFT damage. It just help do deal with group enemies faster and effective.

And on the last, but most important EXALTED IRONBRIDE:

Спойлер

Mecha sword it's a fun thing, but need to be buffed, a lot of them. Sword of Bonewidow need to be ready for deal with steel path infested on deimos.

But for now, he just to weak to destroy them and it's not okay. I have 4 forma in sword and all arch melee mods, but sword still cant do on the steel path, because of real small base damage. I think base slash damage must be like 1680 instead of 210, or critical damage increased to x8 instead of x3. If sword can be deal with steel path level(On player with mods and forma), he start to be a really good thing.

I suggets to get sword aditional mechanic to combination with other abilities.

What if he get charging up mechanic like other Entrati weapon to combination with other abilityes?

Just imagine, your destroy at least 5 enemies, get charge and than on alt fire you can charge your sword with energy and than with animation of third melee strike. you launch energy wave that goes to the line if front of you. Deal small damage to them and lifted up them like Titania on her spellbind or Rhino with his stomp.

All enemies affected by this, not only geting cc, but also heal you on death on maybe on 100 health upon death.

It might help you to stay alive and give a good cc to the enemy.

You can use Firing line, to smash all to the front, then your Sword alt attack to stun them and mark for heal.

Than use your Shift or sword to deal with all enemies and getting healed.

I thing that's changes help a lot to make gameplay more intresting and effective. You not become op, but all abilities become more effective and be used togheher.

Thanks for you reading and time! I hope you enjoy this kind of idea.

Terrible doesn't even begin to describe it. The abilities are a poorly thought out mess.

1. Meathook: Grappling enemies is a nice idea but it either bugs out most of the time, or conflicts with the shield ability. Why it was designed this way I will never understand but even when it works there is no cc or damage. To be somewhat effective it would need to work with the shield active, but also slowly crush the life of an enemy while it is being grappled.

2. Shield doesn't seem to do much and has very few HP and it doesn't seem to work most of the time. Or perhaps enemies with AoE and punch through just bypass it. In any case it is not very useful right now. It needs some flank protection, scaling with enemy levels and possibly resistences to be of any good.

3. Firing Line: I don't see a scenario where this can be good. A battlefield teleport might help with repositioning the NM, especially if the exalted melee is also reworked into something more useful.

4. Exalted Ironbride: Bugs out often, weapon disappears from the hand and you cant attack or use the arch gun. The bugs make it absolutely unworthy of even being considered using. Even when it works the concept is flawed. The exalted weapon has no stance and just a single clunky set of moves. Arch melee mods are weak and outdated. Only a +10% attack speed mod, no Condition Overload like mod, no Blood Rush or Body Count which don't work with exalted weapons anyways but also no combo counter. Any melee weapon we have now is so much better than this exalted weapon can ever be. Maybe give this weapon what arch melees had before the Old Blood update, by being able to jump between enemies in range when the melee button is pressed. Or as an alternative replace the Ironbride with an energy blade ability that scales with range and duration.

Edit: on second thought. Maybe replace Firing line with a short range battlefield teleport. One that also allows to teleport though small doors and hallways. While it doesn't do much it would make Bonewidow slightly more usable if we can deploy it in normal missions at some point.

The frame is a little buggy but a few QOL changes would be nice.

I would change the 1st ability to have a mag pull effect on a target throwing them toward your hand from a greater distance. Right now it’s just a hard ability to use and not worth it.

the 2 is an ok ability I would give it an effect when touching units with it. A automatic shove maybe.

3 the 3ed ability needs a CC at the end that or an automatic attack or beam. Right now it feels like it does nothing.

4th is fun but buggy. You know this already.

This is written with Google Translate.

BoneWidow is contaminated with less-distant skill designs and uses.
I don't understand where each skill is used, and there is no synergy for each skill.

The utilization of Meathook 1 is too low.
Needed changes->The captured enemy can be used as a shield or as a melee weapon. Or, you need to use a method such as hitting down with a down attack after jumping.
If you aim after 1 use, it would be good to use the enemy as a shield.

Shield Maiden 2 is broken. It cannot block most projectiles coming from the front.
Needed changes->If you use 1 while holding a shield with 2, your skill should be changed to shield strike.
If you aim after using 2, it would be better to expand the shield a little more.
The expanded shield needs 3~4 BoneWidows on both sides.

Firing Line 3 is a completely useless idea for the current Warframe game progress. It doesn't suit this game.
Needed changes->Rather, change it to a 360-degree rotational slash attack.

Ironbride 4 fits the concept of BoneWidow, but the animation is too crude.
Needed changes->The animation is heavy but misses the smooth flow of operation.
Since the heavy attack was excluded, the utilization was further narrowed.

Please please do something. Don't throw it away like this.

+@ BoneWidow 's hovering animation is terrible and even funny.
Please fix it with something else.

I love the design of Bone widow but her abilities are kinda arse rn so...
 I'll just pitch in my 2 cents and keep it as short as possible (pretty hard with all the things that need changing)

• Meat Hook is clunky, unreliable, weak and serves no practical purpose its just a meme skill and id never use it even if it cost 0 energy to cast so can we just replace it with something less useless already?
  • Why is Shield Maiden unidirectional with limited health while the artillery based Voidrig's Storm Shroud is omnidirectional and scales with its invulnerability period like iron skin? give it an invulnerability period and let it form a 360° energy field around it the energy field gives a 90% damage reduction and only turns off when the main frontal shield exhausts its health by taking direct damage from the front once the shields health is exhausted the energy field explodes knocking down enemies and giving you a window to recast.
  • Firing Line is borderline useless (albeit less so than Meat Hook) since we can just move around and look at the enemies, increase the base range of the ability and let enemies pushed to the end point be locked in position for at least a few seconds and give them an increased chance to drop energy orbs or some other compensation for having to use 50 energy to cast, or just replace the ability altogether for a more practical form of CC, otherwise just reduce the energy cost to 10 and I might consider using it.
  • Iron Bride has no business having inferior stats compared to Arquebex in any field (damage, status, crit etc..) considering it's much slower attack speed and 3 meter range, this thing needs to not only have stats that are universally better than Arquebex but also access to better archmelee mods (slow attack speed gets a pass becaus it feels more nice and "umphy"). Otherwise i might as well use the cheaper Voidrig Necramech for its exalted weapon  and overall better abilities instead.

Love BW's design and animations, but I agree all around with the need for a rework.  

Here's one thing I'd like to see - the Iron Bride is the default weapon for the mek, which is equipped if no gun is chosen similar to Garuda's claws.  The 4th is then a overcharged energyblade over the sword - more everything, speed, range, etc.   It could interact and synergize with other powers as well.  Say, you can use it to execute an impaled victim to get a healing burst for you and nearby allies.  Or when 2 is hot, it widens the defensive arc, adds damage capacity to the shield, and adds an explosive shield bash to the melee combo. 

3 needs a rethink, but if the blade is always active in its basic state, then a way to rapidly advance on enemies and gather them up.  A targeted shield charge (again, similar to a Garuda pounce) which blinks the mek into an enemy and causes and damaging *implosion* on impact.  Nearby enemies in a radius get damaged, ragdolled, and sucked into a heap right in front of the mek so they can be chopped up. 

Where the Voidrig circles and backs up to maintain range and lines of fire, the Bonewidow should always be advancing, and always be strongest when attacking aggressively and close in.  If the melee is the default weapon for the mek, then already there's an incentive to be pushing forward at all times.  Impaling becomes a form of healing and buffing.  Shield means invulnerability when facing directly at an ememy, and explosive CC when combined with the sword.  If 3 were a charge attack, then closing distance on ranged enemies is easier.  And then 4 puts the melee damage output on par with the Voidrig's artillery.  

This mek has enormous potential.  I really want to see it embrace the aggressive melee playstyle and stand as a viable choice next to the voidrig.           

Archived