Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Bonewidow Necramech Megathread

SilverBones

8 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.6

BONEWIDOW ABILITY CHANGES:
Bonewidow has had a bit of an iterative release - there’s all the changes we made post-test cluster weekend, some pretty nasty bug fixes, and now, another big round of changes. Feedback regarding Bonewidow’s abilities have brought forth the upcoming Ability overhaul changes you see below! We appreciate all the suggestions on our second Necramech thus far, take a look at the new changes:

MEATHOOK

An important raised issue with Bonewidow is being unable to regenerate Health, as Bonewidow is geared towards the more “tankier” focused Necramech in comparison to Voidrig. This change to Meathook aims to tackle that head on. 

• Held enemies will lose Health over time, the Health lost will be transferred into Bonewidow. Held enemies will also have Damage Over Time applied to them. 

• Drain speed and % of Health transferred can be upgradable.

• Improved Meathook grab to feel sharper and more consistent. 

• We found that the animation was sliding forward before the grab trigger was enabled, so if the AI was close, you would slide past before the grab would ever engage.

SHIELD MAIDEN: 

• Damage Reflection added to the shield, incoming blocked damage will be reflected back at the target.

• Damage Reflection can be upgraded with level and Strength Mods.

• Meleeing with Shield Maiden will give you access to the Shield Bash you get while using Exalted Ironbride.

FIRING LINE:

Firing Line needs to work as a better set up to let Exalted Ironbride shred enemies, and we’ve ensured it’s casting leads to better set up opportunities with these changes:

• Added the Lifted Status to enemies hit for 5 seconds (upgradeable by Mods).

• 1.5x Damage multiplier on Lifted enemies.

EXALTED IRONBRIDE: 

• Radial ragdoll added to 3rd melee strike with the ability to Critical hit - but not full knock back as to keep enemies contained within striking distance.

• Exalted Ironbride now has a slight aim assist that will help prevent over swing.

Shield Bash

The Shield Bash has been expanded to work whenever you have a Shield equipped, not just when you have a Sword and Shield!

• Gun/Shield: The melee 'E' Key

• Sword/Shield: The left mouse button

• Added Lift Status to Shield Bash.

General:

• Truncated Bonewidow jump Melee strikes by 1 second to improve responsiveness.

Changes:

• Improved support for unusual Dx12 video drivers that don't support any full-screen video modes.

• Altered dialog timing in the Toxicity (2nd) stage of the Isolation Vault for better pacing of Loid/Otak dialog. Also tuned escalation timing slightly to delay arrival of higher tier enemies. 

• The 'Hint Transmission' audio toggle now applies to Glass Fissure Transmissions.

• Rebalanced Necramech Efficiency Mods so that they do not stack over 100%. This applies to both the Necramech Drift Mod and Necramech Efficiency Mod. Necramech Drift max rank is now 60% Hover Efficiency and Necramech Efficiency max rank is now 30% Engine Efficiency (as it boosts all stats). Combined you receive a maximum efficiency of 90%.

• Necramech Efficiency Mods boost the efficiency of all Stamina-affecting maneuvers to 60% at max rank, which leaves little room to expand with other Mods. When combined with Hover Efficiency (Necramech Drift) which already caps out at a problematic 125% efficiency, we get some really undesired values. We missed the mark on balancing these before they were pushed out the door, which is our mistake.

• Increased the Standing Rank font size of Standing Rank up from 18 to 19 to make standard and hopefully fix occasionally displaying a blank square instead of a number.

• Improved the Railjack Inventory Slot flow for more exposure and overall clarity:

• Changed Wreckage Capacity count to use an icon instead of text + scrap button: hover to see text and click to open scrap window.

• Added an additional button for combined Components and Armaments (constructed Wreckage) to show Components & Armaments Capacity and allow you to Scrap multiple at the same time using the dedicated Scrap window.

• Adjusted reverb sound settings to the Color Key Captura Scene to better fit the level.

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash that could occur in DirectX 12 on multi-core systems in levels with snow that could leave tracks.

• Fixed potential crash due to memory corruption if you had the game minimized while it was loading a new level and then alt-tabbed back into fullscreen mode.

• Fixed Scintillant sound not being replicated for Clients, resulting in Clients not seeing Scintillant and thus inability to obtain it.  

• Fixed an issue when using the same Arc-gun in Heavy Weapon slot and Necramech gun slot, where Affinity earned before first summoning your Necramech wouldn't apply to the Necramech's version of the Arc-gun.

• Fixed (again) UI becoming unresponsive when holding down a key while using Fast Travel/Decoration mode in the Dojo. 

• Fixed activating Aerial Ace while using Chroma resulting in his Passive extra jump being removed and causing the dragon wings to show on double jump instead.

• Fixed recasting Xaku’s Grasp of Lohk with no targets nearby resulting in all guns to be lost.

• Fixed Nekros Soulpunching an enemy to raise them as Shadow not respecting modified Shield of Shadows power strength if that enemy is your first Shadow.

• Fixed Nekros Soulpunching a victim to death not raising the victim as a Shadow for Clients.

• Known issue: using Soulpunch to ‘mark’ a victim and then killing them with a weapon will not raise them as a Shadow for Clients

• Fixed Residual Arcane zone damage numbers not showing up for Clients.

• Fixed Bonewidow’s Meathook grabbing Dargyns.

• Fixed force feedback not working properly with beam Kitguns.

• Fixed Infested Research Bounty Fluid Sac throw objective text being erroneously replicated when the Host holds the sac.

• Fixed End of Mission Medals not showing in the Last Mission Results UI screen.

• Fixed seeing a grey box in the Market if viewing an item you already own after just logging in.  

• Fixed a script error when attempting to use the Railjack Pilot context action during a  level transition. 

• Fixed a script error when an Excavation encounter starts in the Cambion Drift.

It's super Awesome! I love to see that DE really see our feedback and do very good things. Bonewidow become now a lot better in gameplay, but still need some changes. Ironbride need damage buff for steel path and mods like Necramech Pressure Point, Necramech Fury and Necramech Blitz working on ironbride,

With this stuff, she will be very good. Just need more damage from ult.

And maybe on shield, when you use "Shield Bash" without ult, he maybe must do damage like ult active, because for now one, he deal 200-300 damage per hit, And maybe give to shield mehanic when you do shield bash you mark enemy and when you kill that enemy, his health fo to the shield health.

2 hours ago, Ausenas said:

Just wanted to start by saying thanks for the recent hotfix! Anyways here's what I wanted to say about the Bonewidow Necramech. I really like the changes and I love clapping infested together on Deimos with Firing Line. I feel like adding Lifted as a status effect really breathed new utility into it as an ability. The pushing the ability is supposed to do is really hit or miss but I'm glad it will still feel like it's doing something now as long as it touches enemies. I absolutely love the new life leeching effect Meathook has but it brings the viability of Bonewidow's 2 up. We know we can't use her 1 and 2 at the same time which brings up a conflict: Healing or protection? I think it's good that we can choose but the issue lies in how much of a better choice (imo) Meathook is now. Before the hotfix, Meathook was a fun gimmick, but largely worthless. Shield Maiden was also meh, but better than nothing. And even if it didn't always block damage, it wasn't that hard to just press 2 and let it hang by your side to block the occasional attack. Now, Meathook removes an enemy from the fight, does constant damage to them without an energy drain, (never had one anyways) heals for a good amount—and a constant heal at that—and I find that there's almost never a time I want to not be using it. Most of the time I am just limited by the enemy types that I can't grab and it slightly annoys me. I'd like to suggest an idea, and this is largely inspired by someone else's post I saw somewhere on the forum. I forgot where the post was and the poster, but if anyone wants to credit them, please do. Add a synergy between Bonewidow's 1 and 2 abilities. I think to make Bonewidow shine when compared to Voidrig is to flaunt more of its specialized kit, and I think Bonewidow's main draw was the promise of that in the first place. It's supposed to have more health, armor and be a tankier melee-oriented Necramech. It checks most of those boxes except for the melee part. I think a lot of people can agree that Bonewidow's 4 is underwhelming and needs more attention. I think we are getting there though.  For now, I still love the rest of Bonewidow's kit and I think it would be great to focus on those abilities to support and backup the eventual usage of her 4. Meathook gives Bonewidow great sustain now, and she can jump in the thick of it without fear of losing all her health, but her 2 needs more relevance. First off, please remove the energy drain from her shield bash. I was going smash-happy with her shield when I realized all of my energy reserves were empty and it made me slightly confused. I don't think making her (arguably) worst ability have a detriment to the rest of her kit is a good idea. The bash doesn't offer much utility anyways other than giving breathing space, (and smacking some enemies) but it is still enjoyable and feels useful. It is most useful when being spammed to push aside enemies, and it shouldn't come at an energy cost. It feels absolutely epic to be charging towards a group of infested while swatting them side to side. Another criticism is that the animation feels a little weird, especially because spamming melee just loops the overhand bash. I think making it have two different animations, the overhand swing, then a backhanded bash would make it look better, especially when inputted after each other. Now, finally going back to the synergy part (sorry): What if we could activate Bonewidow's 2 after impaling an enemy to "subsume" them in a sort of way and add to the shield's health/fortify it? Heck, what if having an impaled enemy just empowered the next usage of all her other abilities (just wishful thinking). Even then, I still think most players would choose to keep an enemy impaled on their arm just for the healing so maybe instead make the next activation of her 2 have health added to it based off of total health healed? Anyways, I think those two abilities have great potential to work off each other, and I think no matter what direction the team will pursue with Bonewidow, it will be a great result. Thanks for reading!

If the Meathook worked alongside Shield Maiden, and you could lay the foe over the shield making incoming damage hit them instead of the mech or shield, it could work as extended health and damage. 

@TorchFlame6 I'd rather they just remove those mods and add an archmelee on all mechs, for the claw or added weapons. 

@DawnoftheWhiteFury I think the impact damage on Meathook is simply immersive since your throwing a dude at another dude, but the stab should be true or puncture damage. It used to be toxin, which was odd. But I'm not sure what kind of damage is being applied on health drain. Honestly, the only thing that matters now though is that health drain is available. If they could give her a separate limb to Meathook foes and present her shield simultaneously, that would be good enough. 

6 минут назад, BahamutKaiser сказал:

If the Meathook worked alongside Shield Maiden, and you could lay the foe over the shield making incoming damage hit them instead of the mech or shield, it could work as extended health and damage. 

@TorchFlame6 I'd rather they just remove those mods and add an archmelee on all mechs, for the claw or added weapons. 

I agree! I write before about use Meathook while shield is active, but if they do "Shield bash", and he use energy to strike maybe it be good idea to make this mechanic on him to increase your shield health with that,

For me Bonewidow how only 2 problem for now:

- Damage for steel path, because for now Bonewidow cant do good damage on steel path, she just need ult damage buff.

- Inreasing health for shield compare on enemy level. Mark(or similiar mechanic may help with that)

16 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

@DawnoftheWhiteFury I think the impact damage on Meathook is simply immersive since your throwing a dude at another dude, but the stab should be true or puncture damage. It used to be toxin, which was odd. But I'm not sure what kind of damage is being applied on health drain. Honestly, the only thing that matters now though is that health drain is available. If they could give her a separate limb to Meathook foes and present her shield simultaneously, that would be good enough. 

Its Impact damage being applied to the health drain, and the health drain is practically nonexistent in high level content due to armor scaling making you do about 10 DPS against the level 100+ armored enemies, translating to roughly 2 HPS healing to Bonewidow which has over 5k health with a maxed Necramech Vitality. The healing is awful in its current state against anything armored.

@TorchFlame6 yeah, if you scroll up a little you'll see what I wrote yesterday, I was advocating for extra arms so she could Meathook and defend at the same time, and just overall melee function improvements. For now I'm just practicing my Cha Cha Slide on Fortuna to see how the mech holds up, Steel Path seems to be wrecking both Necramechs. 

@DawnoftheWhiteFury yeah, that would be nonsense, I don't know why a hook would do impact damage, it would be nice if Meathook scaled with archmelee mods. They could apply the same arch melee mods to her hook and shield from Ironbride at least. If it was innate puncture on hooking, at least it would do bonus against armor. 

2 минуты назад, DawnoftheWhiteFury сказал:

Its Impact damage being applied to the health drain, and the health drain is practically nonexistent in high level content due to armor scaling making you do about 10 DPS against the level 100+ armored enemies, translating to roughly 2 HPS healing to Bonewidow which has over 5k health with a maxed Necramech Vitality. The healing is awful in its current state against anything armored.

Disagree.

I just go now for steel path, for test heal and it's do it's work very good. Really. I easy go from 2k health to 5k just with some 1 skill using while steel path guys fire at me. Now she can survive very well and cc too, but she really need a possibity to kill some one with her ult on steel path.

But if talk about heal, just test her if you dont belive me.

4 minutes ago, TorchFlame6 said:

Disagree.

I just go now for steel path, for test heal and it's do it's work very good. Really. I easy go from 2k health to 5k just with some 1 skill using while steel path guys fire at me. Now she can survive very well and cc too, but she really need a possibity to kill some one with her ult on steel path.

Did you read the part about how I tested it on Steel Path Plains of Eidolon against ARMORED targets? Either you tested it on Deimos/Orb Vallis against non armored targets, or you are lying. I just went back into Steel Path Plains and Meathook, fully ranked up and modded, was dealing 4 damage per second against the Grineer enemies I had impaled and was restoring about 3 HPS from what I could tell. Which again, is atrocious.

13 minutes ago, TorchFlame6 said:

Disagree.

I recommend trying again on Steel Path Plains of Eidolon and see what happens. Results may shock you,

11 минут назад, DawnoftheWhiteFury сказал:

Did you read the part about how I tested it on Steel Path Plains of Eidolon against ARMORED targets? Either you tested it on Deimos/Orb Vallis against non armored targets, or you are lying. I just went back into Steel Path Plains and Meathook, fully ranked up and modded, was dealing 4 damage per second against the Grineer enemies I had impaled and was restoring about 3 HPS from what I could tell. Which again, is atrocious.

I tested both, Deimos and Earth, Yeah on armored target we have smaller heal, but i disagree that it been useful.

First of all you can dont catch most armored targets for heal, second you can decreased number of his armor by corrosive or with warframe/operator ablities.

That how i heal on her, find you target, decrease armor than catch him for heal. Maybe i just dumbass, but i like that mehanic. You really need to think what a target you need to get, than how much armor i need to strip. It's kinda intrested.

For what thing i dont like, that ironbride damage, because you cant deal with armored or non armored target with your sword on a steel path at all.

14 минут назад, BahamutKaiser сказал:

I recommend y'all join the test cluster, would of been nice if this had been discovered earlier 😅

Maybe, but i think i am a bad tester, because some times, i just may dont have a time on it, when i be need. Of course it's just maybe, but anyway.

And i hear, that all what we speak for now, already been writing by test cluster, but for unknown reason they was ignored. But i might be wrong in that section, because dont really check this for truth,

And yeah, about what DawnoftheWhiteFury say, he is right about smaller heal from armored target, but i just disagree with him about that healing is awfull. First of all, even you dont strip armor it's anyway not bad healing for mech that can't be healing at all, and yeah you can strip armor and increased your heal a lot. And we just need more review about that mehanic.

Guys if you have time, please take your bonewidow and test her heal on steel path earth, than say you like or dont that mehanic. Because i think DE will be glad to know, it's is good or not.

I maybe just crazy with this stuff, because i kinda like that way of healing.

The real question is whether its a solvable mechanic. If perhaps you really want to use Meathook on SP, you might pair it with Saryn and spread spores to increase damage and remove armor even in your mech. I've yet to figure out just how much can be imparted to the mech externally, like Molecular Prime, or viral pet, so on.

Situation as of 29.5.6: The Bonewidow is a hopeless case, a lost cause.

1. Meathook is still too clunky with the forward lunge. There is also no feedback on why it failed to grab the enemy right in front of the NM.

2. Shield Maiden, better with the update but not good. A melee is right in the middle of enemies and often exposed to flanking fire. Also the shield still feels flimsy.

3. Firing Line, replace it with something else and useful please

4. Exalted Blade, the core of the Necramech issues. The ability blocks the use of the arch gun, movements are still clunky, there is no stance mod for the Exalted Blade. Also the Arch melee mods are overall terrible.

Please, have the mercy of removing this abomination. Shelve it as an idea to be revisited once archmelee is in a better place and you have an idea on what the actual purpose of the NM should be.

About healing from tought grineer and why i like heal from damage.

Yes it's can be decreased by armor, that why armor enemies can be Bonewidow weakness, BUT damage can be also increased and 'weakness' can be deleted by combination with a warframe or operator, like this. that small video about how i heals with bonewidow against armor:

(Some viral + armor decreased = good heal and it be more increased. and yeah you can heal a much faster against target without armor just with viral stack, that can be aplieted in weapon)

il y a une heure, BahamutKaiser a dit :

The real question is whether its a solvable mechanic. If perhaps you really want to use Meathook on SP, you might pair it with Saryn and spread spores to increase damage and remove armor even in your mech. I've yet to figure out just how much can be imparted to the mech externally, like Molecular Prime, or viral pet, so on.

I knew i was forgetting something, 

Pack leader does NOT work with archmelee for some reason, making any pet (including kubrows and kubrow-likes that do tend to follow the necramech) struggle a lot with survivability, this should be fixed.

Got the chance to play with the updated Widow last night.  Huge improvement in QoL and effectiveness with no loss of clunky mek fun.  The shortened animations improve her rhythm. 

Meathook is useful and effective though wish some enemies were not arbitrarily immune to it.  

She is close to parity with voidrig but not quite there.  I have two forma in her sword and one in her, and with that edge I'm starting to feel like I'm almost at my unforma'd gunmek's level.  

She feels great in play.  Looks good, sounds good, and hits hard (with lots of mods and some forma).  

Her energy economy is rough.  With her ult being her signature move and basically the whole reason for playing her, she is really energy hungry.   

I think she'd be pretty close to there if her sword became her energy-free default melee option and her 4 acted like a major enhancement on it.  Ironbride vs Exalted Ironbride.  So she hack and cleave all day as you want from a melee mek and then toggle 4 for major burst and aoe damage which eats a lot of energy fast.   

Sword mek should not run out of sword when gunmek can't run out of gun. 

Quick feedback after hotfix 29.5.6

It feel good, reeeeally good, thanks DE

Health siphon on meathook, it was requested a lot it's really nice to see it implemented.
It's still locked by the shield, wich is understandable since they both use the left hand. I'm not too fond of how it works but I got used to disengaging from melee when wanting to heal, I step back, retract the shield, hook a bloodbag while showering the ennemies with my archgun... It's viable.

The shield reflect damage now ... ok. Not much useful, but you can see when your shield doesn't work, because there is no reflected damage.
Shield bash, awesome ! Apply lifted status, cool ! Cost energy ... why ?

Firing line apply lifted status and damage buff, double awesome ! Great ideas ! Now I'm gonna use it.

Iron bride as a shockwave on third melee strike, it's great, it feel real good and brutal.
Could still use a combo counter or a heavy attack.

And unfortunately the one second stun-lock after dashing, charging, landing is still there, and still painful.

Overall BoneWidow can finally stand on it's own, it's not perfect, but now all is left is more like fine-tuning. It still doesn't have the damage output of Voidrig, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying it and I look forward to be able to deploy it to any mission soon(tm).
Also, now that I use most of the skills, I realised how energy-hungry Bonewidow can be. 

Thanks again for the fixes.

28 минут назад, Alex_Astarte сказал:

Quick feedback after hotfix 29.5.6

And unfortunately the one second stun-lock after dashing, charging, landing is still there, and still painful.

Alex_Astarte About that point, while you shield is active there be no stun-lock after dash. Just need to be shield is active.

It not help with all, but it help you with dashes.

And about Bonewidow, i really hope that DE dont stop to make her better. She really need damage buff for Ironbride. Because her sword for no one cannot deal with steel path enemies on any location.

Just imagine how it be cool if you jump to steel path level Deimos Genetrixon (Infested "transport"), with active fully moded sword and cut through it with maybe 10 sword swing. It be really awesome. Full berserker mech.

Because for now one, yeah, you can jump, up hydravlic on it, hover with engine and start hiting it, but you never deal with him, because with this damage output, you need more than 150 sword hit to deal with steel path Deimos Genetrixon(Yeah with fully moded 4 forma ironbride), while Voidrig rip them to peaces with 2-3 second, just fire 6-7 grenade on it.

That why no one take Bonewidow on steel path and it's is sad and it is what i hope to be chaged in near future.

Bonewidow just need damage buff for her sword, a big buff.

P.s. I think Voidrig is awesome made and balanced, Bonewidow is to awesome maded, but for perfect balanced, her sword need to be a realy strong opponent.

Right, so I just finished trying out Bonewidow. Whoop dee (h)ucking doo, etc...
While the changes introduced to her are very notable, most of them change about jack diddly.

Meathook still has the silly little animation which only makes grabbing enemies harder than it should be, and while the HP drain is a nifty thing to have, at higher levels I'm seeing it absolutely, veritably and undoubtedly c h o k i n g. After doing a little bit of looking around, I've seen other people claim that the issue comes from the fact that the HP drain does not bypass armor.

The shield now reflects damage, which is very useful. Not for its intended purpose, however. It helps a lot in seeing just how little damage it blocks, because you can have enemies in front of you, firing at you, and while you're taking damage, they are not.

I'll let that sink in.

Firing line seems to have reached the accolade of "marginally useful".
This is where I'd post a sarcastic celebratory gif to get the point across, but I don't have any. There's still a lot of work to be done on Firing line, but it's a good first step.

About Exalted Ironbride, I feel like I'd have more to say if it had been changed in any way.

Because it has not.

It's the same.

Anyway, here's the sweet stuff:

Spoiler

While I don't like to repeat myself, usually, there are changes that ensure that I don't have to; which means I'm doing so of my own volition.
This is not the case here, so I will gladly do another copypasty.

Meathook: Remove the little forward step animation, and have Meathook's grapple work in a similar way to Ripline, to allow Bonewidow to grab flying enemies. Give it a similar amount of range too. The damage buff melee attacks get from impaled enemies should apply to Ironbride as well. Remove the armor's influence on the HP drain.

Shieldmaiden: Increase he shield's health. Give the shield greater damage reduction. The shield's health and damage reduction should be increased depending on the enemy grabbed by Meathook. Make the shield B I G G E R. Bonewidow should recieve global damage reduction to her body while the shield is active.

Firing line: Give it a wider angle and a greater range. Give it an amount of damage that scales up for every enemy struck by it.

Ironbride: Give it more stats, it has to compete with the Arquebex. Give it more stats, it has to compete with the Arquebex. Allow the Fury and Pressure Point Necramech mods to influence the Ironbride. Remove the silly little staggers after every other attack.

I will also reiterate: At her current state, she is not worth being a Clearance: Odima reward. If anything, the Voidrig should be in her place, and acquiring Bonewidow's blueprint should require a lower clearance level.

It seems to be nearly impossible to level up new voidrig. I'm doing bounties, then host migration occurs, i lose all the loot and XP too, it seems. Maybe something stays, but it looks like giant waste of time to even do those missions. Last time host migration happened, i crashed to desktop too. I suspect it's related to memory usage issues that was already reported, but wasn't fixed. Hope crash report helps, although i didn't record its ID.

40 minutes ago, 32768 said:

It seems to be nearly impossible to level up new voidrig. I'm doing bounties, then host migration occurs, i lose all the loot and XP too, it seems. Maybe something stays, but it looks like giant waste of time to even do those missions. Last time host migration happened, i crashed to desktop too. I suspect it's related to memory usage issues that was already reported, but wasn't fixed. Hope crash report helps, although i didn't record its ID.

DE's fix if BUY plat and booster.

5 hours ago, Paranoicon said:

Ironbride: Give it more stats, it has to compete with the Arquebex. Give it more stats, it has to compete with the Arquebex. Allow the Fury and Pressure Point Necramech mods to influence the Ironbride. Remove the silly little staggers after every other attack.

25 minutes ago, Ishredpapers said:

[...]

They only affect the necramech's punch ATM. Reach and Seismic wave, I haven't tested, but I assume that if those two don't affect IB, neither do the other pair.

Archived