Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - New Bounties & Isolation Vaults Megathread

SilverBones

The way the new bounties are started honestly sucks, it makes matchmaking impossible. All Bounties requiring an Iso vault to be done means multiple groups of people are being funnelled into 1 bounty and when it ends chances are no one agrees on what to do, people start leaving and it sucks.

Just make all of them available and let people run what they want and Matchmaking do it's job properly, else we have to deal with an additional layer of RNG that rather than giving us rewards it wastes our time because after the Iso vault everyone is running a bounty you don't want to.

Just now I spent nearly 1 hour to do nothing at all because host left, the bounty bugged and the first Iso vault didn't count, after the second iso vault (which gave common rewards) we lost another player and then it bugged and we had to leave, the entire time was wasted simply because no one could choose what they wanted when talking to mother before leaving through the gates.

Rebalanced and Fair are not words can use to describe the update for Deimos Isolation Vault missions.

"Rebalanced enemy Voidrig (and the upcoming Bonewidow) Isolation Vault fights for a more fair experience that embraces the precedent set with  
      Kuva Liches:   *Enemy Voidrig & Bonewidow Necramechs now have the ‘Lich’ treatment with vulnerability to Status Effects, meaning you can now
      apply Status Effects to Necramechs!  Additionally, certain damage immunities and diminishing returns for Warframe abilities have been added to
      balance this out."

'Rebalanced' enemy necramechs > so now the balance is tipped to the other extreme, where its not worth players time and effort to participate.
I farmed 82 kuva liches solo to get all kuva weapons to 60%, all are max r40, and i farmed all vengeful ephemera.
There is not much in comparison between fighting a kuva lich and the enemy nechramechs.
There is nothing fun about trying to complete an isolation vaults now. It certainly is challenging, but there are no rewards. To get rewards the isolation vaults need to be completed.

A 'fair experience' is where its worth the time and effort of players to participate, where its also fun, which is why we play games.
Isolation Vaults aren't fun now. So sad that the 'bugs' in the Isolation Vaults are now 'added features' instead with Arcana update.

The 'come and see the new vaults' isn't going to happen as i can't complete any but T1 isolation vault any more.
T1-T3 need to be successfully completed before can access the new vault missions. My MR30 friends can't do them either.
Last attempt took 1hr 15min before i finally gave up (again).
So, there won't be any Bonewidow Morgha.
No more farming Necramech anything.
No new infested weapons - no Sporothrix, no Arum Spinosa.
Its an ongoing mind-numbing slog with enemies that run away to stop from dying, that don't let us use abilities, won't let us heal (health pizzas also don't work along with varazin void dash unless sizeable distance from enemy necramech and sometimes not even then.
That's not 'fair' and certainly NOT balanced. Its extremely disappointing.
I would have posted this in warframe bug forum but these bugs are now 'added features'.

Finally reach MR30 (as in am not a noob, and I might know something of how to play Warframe), and i was so looking forward to the Deimos Arcana update, but its left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

30 minutes ago, Twisted_Wisdom said:

Rebalanced and Fair are not words can use to describe the update for Deimos Isolation Vault missions.

"Rebalanced enemy Voidrig (and the upcoming Bonewidow) Isolation Vault fights for a more fair experience that embraces the precedent set with  
      Kuva Liches:   *Enemy Voidrig & Bonewidow Necramechs now have the ‘Lich’ treatment with vulnerability to Status Effects, meaning you can now
      apply Status Effects to Necramechs!  Additionally, certain damage immunities and diminishing returns for Warframe abilities have been added to
      balance this out."

'Rebalanced' enemy necramechs > so now the balance is tipped to the other extreme, where its not worth players time and effort to participate.
I farmed 82 kuva liches solo to get all kuva weapons to 60%, all are max r40, and i farmed all vengeful ephemera.
There is not much in comparison between fighting a kuva lich and the enemy nechramechs.
There is nothing fun about trying to complete an isolation vaults now. It certainly is challenging, but there are no rewards. To get rewards the isolation vaults need to be completed.

A 'fair experience' is where its worth the time and effort of players to participate, where its also fun, which is why we play games.
Isolation Vaults aren't fun now. So sad that the 'bugs' in the Isolation Vaults are now 'added features' instead with Arcana update.

The 'come and see the new vaults' isn't going to happen as i can't complete any but T1 isolation vault any more.
T1-T3 need to be successfully completed before can access the new vault missions. My MR30 friends can't do them either.
Last attempt took 1hr 15min before i finally gave up (again).
So, there won't be any Bonewidow Morgha.
No more farming Necramech anything.
No new infested weapons - no Sporothrix, no Arum Spinosa.
Its an ongoing mind-numbing slog with enemies that run away to stop from dying, that don't let us use abilities, won't let us heal (health pizzas also don't work along with varazin void dash unless sizeable distance from enemy necramech and sometimes not even then.
That's not 'fair' and certainly NOT balanced. Its extremely disappointing.
I would have posted this in warframe bug forum but these bugs are now 'added features'.

Finally reach MR30 (as in am not a noob, and I might know something of how to play Warframe), and i was so looking forward to the Deimos Arcana update, but its left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

it really wasn't balanced before, it was just barely doable. I had to cheese it hard and now there is no way for me to fight them unless I have a nechramech out myself...

At the point where someone who used to not have troubles with these bloody grind fest iso vaults now can't do them should say a boat load about how bad it is. Likewise, the reward pools are so diluted by terrible junk like 500 endo... 500 Bloody endo for having to go through an entire Iso vault. plus they are so bloody boring to do, there is no variety to them, and there is no surprises. I was expecting a deep network that you could explore when ever and I got the same Iso vault over and over again instead.

12 hours ago, Daiwulf said:

• New Cleaning Bounty

I had to repeatedly scream at the public squad to not kill the infested in the "throw the jar at them". I could only complete it after 8 throws, almost rage quitting the instance halfway through. You can argue that this is because people still don't know how the vault works, and it's ok to think so (even tough I figured it out in less than a minute), but it opens up a possibility of player griefing, where he kills nonstop, making the others unable to hit enemies with the substance. Possible solution: make enemies invulnerable outside of the range of the jar (like the lantern in Zealoid Prelate fight) and make sure there can be multiple instances of lanterns, so one person doesn't grab the lantern and go afk with it.

• New Bounties duration

I only completed one of the new bounties, but if I got it right, you need to complete a T1 vault to unlock the new T1 bounty, T2 vault-> new T2 bounty, and T3 vault -> new T3 bounty. Knowing that each takes a long time, it seems a very bad idea to force people to sit in a bounty streak for 1 hour, with the risk of the host leaving during the mission and you get a host migration error, or the intance bugs and you are unable to complete it. And it's even more ironic that in the same update you "removed" the Steel Essence farm from endurance runs because you didn't want people spending one hour in a session...

I tried to do T1 iso vault then new T1 arcana bounty but wasn't able to access the new bounty.
It looks like have to complete T1, T2 & T3 iso vaults before can access new T1 arcana vault.
Not going to happen. Update on iso vaults is maybe on par with trying to do Steel Path with all 4 dragon keys equipped.

4 minutes ago, Twisted_Wisdom said:

I tried to do T1 iso vault then new T1 arcana bounty but wasn't able to access the new bounty.
It looks like have to complete T1, T2 & T3 iso vaults before can access new T1 arcana vault.
Not going to happen. Update on iso vaults is maybe on par with trying to do Steel Path with all 4 dragon keys equipped.

hah, at least Steel Path with all four D-keys is Doable at least.

1 hour ago, Twisted_Wisdom said:

So I tested this and it turns out that if you go back to the SAME mother she lets you do a new bounty. Normally you'd head to another mother for the 3rd vault right? but if you go back to the same one you'll be able to choose a bounty rather than need to do a 3rd ISO vault. Not sure what tier these new bounties are though or whether you can go back to the same mother again and get a different bounty and then there's the issue of what if you need to go to a different mother for a different bounty and get different drops etc. This is all very confusing and there's no guide about this I can find.

There will be some tweaking for sure let's hope it's bold enough to get this done and move on.

Will you consider reducing the time required for the newly introduced press and hold action involving esophages? I appreciate the preventive measures taken, but currently with the time required to interact with esophages you often get knocked down by enemies, it's a bit annoying.

The new bounties are one step forward and two steps backwards. You demand players to spend an hour in a session, but you said in The Steel Essence changes “We don’t want players spent too much time in one session”. Is there a disconnect between members of your team or something?

What you need to do is remove the isolation vault requirement from the new bounties. You just cut a massive 30 minute unnecessary time sink with that change. I also just read some people said you only need to do 1, but I still say it’s 10 minutes of unnecessary time sink. Remove the requiremens, please.

Also the marking enemies bounty bonus are impossible to do in public matches. There is always that 4 spammer Revenant killing the enemies making it hard to mark 10 enemies in one go. Significantly increase the minimum throwable mark item thingy from 2 to 5.

I do not like :

1) Enemy Necramech's dash knockdown aoe (collision explosion).  They dash without any warning, and usually collide with random stuff, so that invisible explosion range is barely predictable.   Its a sphere, so you get knocked down from the air too....  Kinda cheap.  

2) Enemy Necramech's  Shroud having no HP bar or even color code indication of its state.  Invulnerability phase is not indicated, so i cant tell if its safe to fire at or not.

17 hours ago, Daiwulf said:

I had to repeatedly scream at the public squad to not kill the infested in the "throw the jar at them". I could only complete it after 8 throws, almost rage quitting the instance halfway through. You can argue that this is because people still don't know how the vault works, and it's ok to think so (even tough I figured it out in less than a minute), but it opens up a possibility of player griefing, where he kills nonstop, making the others unable to hit enemies with the substance. Possible solution: make enemies invulnerable outside of the range of the jar (like the lantern in Zealoid Prelate fight) and make sure there can be multiple instances of lanterns, so one person doesn't grab the lantern and go afk with it.

THIS. Sometimes I wonder why these bounties are so often left open for griefing like that, and also they are VERY EASILLY ruined by new (and old) players because they either dont know what to do or dont care or cant speak english. Making them invurnerable is definately needed change. I can already see how some nuke frames keep even accidently killing everything making this stage a huge pain in the butt if not near impossible.

Also, at first try we somehow got only 5 enemies with two canisters, while 25 kills was required with 3 canisters for the bonus. With the very low spawnrate of enemies on Deimos bounties (maybe due to bugs or maybe thats just what it is) this seems quite hard to achieve?

17 hours ago, Daiwulf said:

I only completed one of the new bounties, but if I got it right, you need to complete a T1 vault to unlock the new T1 bounty, T2 vault-> new T2 bounty, and T3 vault -> new T3 bounty. Knowing that each takes a long time, it seems a very bad idea to force people to sit in a bounty streak for 1 hour, with the risk of the host leaving during the mission and you get a host migration error, or the intance bugs and you are unable to complete it. And it's even more ironic that in the same update you "removed" the Steel Essence farm from endurance runs because you didn't want people spending one hour in a session...

This is my understanding as well, but I hope Im wrong. Because no way Im doing an hour long T3 vault first and then 3 bounties with 4 stages after that. I have other things to do outside this game as well so in addition to bugs, host migration errors and what not Im constantly worrying I suddenly have to leave midgame for w/e reason losing progress.

Out of 6 attempts to complete T3 Isolation Vault then Bounties, ONE was successful before a game-breaking bug forced abandoning. Twice required Atl+F4 because Tab/Esc/Progress menu lockout is still a thing. The one I was able to complete a squad member was glitched and unable to help during the entire bounty run. The theoretical time over investment for the rewards is more than a bit silly. The actual time over investment is prohibitive. Why are new bounties available only after a Vault run??? If the answer is 'continuity with story line' then whomever made that decision is entirely unfamiliar with the historical commitment to either Story or Continuity in this game.

De-couple new bounties from Vaults.

Increase drop rate of new rewards so they're not worse than [Bullet Dance] to farm.

Fix waypoints before 2030.

Fix Dark Split Sword animation... I've moved homes 4 times while this has been broken. 

Spent 30 mins in a mission. Host migration. Lost everything. I sighed and went at it again. It was going much better this time. We did all the vaults and 3 more rounds of the new bounties. Host Migration, lost it all again. In 2 hours I have accomplished nothing. 2 entire hours.

Enemy Voidrig Storm Shroud damage reflection and absorption needs to be capped. It cannot be allowed to absorb infinite damage into shield HP, or reflect the full player damage back.

Right now it is liberally abusing the player/enemy damage discrepancies to OHK or 2HK players, while generating an absurdly powerful shield that takes forever to take down if players were not aware of its absorption phase.

The rework of the enemy Necramechs is unbecoming in conjunction with the requirement to do all tiers of the Isolation Vault bounty to gain access to the new bounties. They are a major pain with annoying mechanics for incredibly weak rewards (low chance for weapon parts that you need three different of, after that everything in the table is pretty much worthless for the time requirement).

The Necramechs seem to be immune to any kind of punch through damage? And by that I mean, as soon as any part of the damage hits a non-weak-spot, it gets canceled. That's how it feels. Either that, or the hitboxes are very wonky. Stropha does mostly zero damage, Ignis often does zero damage, even though you're hitting the arms, Catchmoon etc., you name it. Tried the special effect of the Arca Titron, little to no effect (10 stacks should one-shot the Necramech easily).

The way the damage immunity/reflection works is bad. Make it a timer and give an indicator for it, some kind of UI countdown bar.

The torso of enemy Necramechs rotates way too fast and erratically. Give it inertia or make it slower in general.

Ran all three vaults, started on the Arcana bounty. First bounty is the device, so that's a guaranteed forfeit on the bonus objective because the game doesn't spawn enough enemies grouped closely together to make that happen.

Second bounty is polyp-hog, finds two truffles and then climbs up on a banister and starts snorting the air. Truffle can't be collected, and the bounty hangs. 30 minute preparation run down the drain.

The Arcana bounties are a competitor with Old Blood for worst design.

The isolation vaults are now huge and I have a very very hard time finding loid because the visuals of the rooms get me turned around could we please just get a waypoint for loid? 

It's also very very easy to miss loid moving on from the crystal he is charging. He is small, there are tons of infested which makes him hard to see on the map too. Could we get a voice line added for when loid is done charging a crystal to better alert us as to his status please. 

what i would suggest to change:

divide iso vaults into separate bounties. and place each damaged part in one of those. so if you want damaged stock you can start tier 2 iso vault from necralisk, want only damaged barrel? here you go, tier 3 iso vault special for you

and do the same for the new set of bounties

after that people instead of doing all 3 vaults can start to farm exactly what they need

problem solved

It´s a horrible idea to gate the new vault bounties behind the old ones.

We´ve certainly played them more than enough by now and there´s nothing new to get.

Make them accessible directly from mother(s) and please rethink those pesky fracture sealing stages (double the time counter solo). Those are just annoying to do solo. And at the moment, it´s almost impossible to get a random public party for them.

Just spent some time doing three vaults solo.

Patch notes say that reflective shield restoration on necramechs got longer cooldown.

In my case shield was restored between tombfinger's projectile leaving a barrel and hitting a target (with Lethal Momentum). I'm afraid to imagine what cooldown should have been before such a tremendous increase.

Honestly, I though that Necramechs fights were as bad as it could get. Sure, Octavia felt overpowered there and I thought that would be mitigated in Arcana somehow, but overall experience should get better for other frames, because obviously it couldn't get worse. And giving up on status immunity looked good in patch notes. Well...

By the way, when Necramech is severely damaged it's very hard to understand which color its two pixels of health are: and that determines who is going to die after your next shot. That's just a little example of how easy to read this fight is.

Currently, the fight with Necramechs doesn't seem like something from professional developers. While doing it I compared it to fights from other games. The first thing that came to my mind was fan-made mods for Hollow Knight and a comment on YouTube about them "It's amazing how this game's community loves to torture themselves". 

Here's my experience/feedback.

I'm pretty much a solo player, MR 28, have all the neat things, spend maybe 30 bucks a year (?) on this game, never bought Prime Access. That's my profile. Personally: a completionist, stick to my in-game goals (dedicated), not afraid of a grind.

I have not been able to run the new vault content because no pubs want to run the content. I know: LFG in chat, you say. Yet, why should I have to do that for landscape content? It's not that hard. That's what the term "landscape content" directly implies, easy(-ier). Casual players won't play it. Veterans don't need the rewards (and apparently don't want to spend 9 hours for nine 2.5% chances at an item that is MR fodder to them [us])

Have a look at your logs, I'll bet no one is playing this content in the volume you estimated.  Clearly you must do something different. Make some changes that have substance. Not, for example, making Loid faster only to increase the distance he must travel. Making it easier to get Son tokens, was a positive substantial change. But that is marginal and fringe, not a change to the core of the Deimos content. You're going to have to change at a more basic, a more fundamental, level.

Thoughts about new Bounty system:

• It must work like Sortie system, saving progress after each Vault.   So if you disconnect after 2, you can just relog and do the last one.
  • Doing all 3 Vaults will unlock 3 Vault Bounties.   Vault Bounties will stay unlocked until "sortie reset".   Coz unlocking every Bounty run through Vaults is much pain.
  • You can reset your Vault progress by talking to Mother in Necralisk and asking her to do so.  That is if you want to run Vaults again.  

Should be good enough.   

Archived