Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Tenno Reinforcements Megathread

SilverBones

Welcome Tenno!

With the release of Deimos: Arcana, we have included new Tenno Reinforcements! Your Arsenal is about to get a whole lot more sticky with a slew of new Infested weapons!

CATABOLYST

Splatter enemies with a short-range stream of corrosive bile. Upon reload, toss the ammo bladder as a grenade. The emptier the pistol’s ammo bladder, the more potent its damage.

PROBOSCIS CERNOS

A version of the Mutalist Cernos Bow, each arrow spawns a swarm of sticky appendages on impact. These tongue-like probes latch onto nearby unfortunates and drag them close before bursting into a mess of diseased goo.

PULMONARS

Take-hold of the malignant evolution of an ancient martial weapon with these Infested nunchaku. Pummel and infect with these two pulsating hunks of flesh connected by a ligament. 

BUBONICO

This infested arm-cannon rapid-fires toxic terror on its enemies. Rain down a triple volley of explosive disease bladders from a distance, then move in for the kill by unloading a multi-shot barrage of toxic barbs with primary fire. 

SPOROTHRIX

This long-distance sniper rifle fires a razor-sharp, virus-soaked barb that continues to attack its host before violently erupting in a spore-laden mist. Scoped headshots increase lethality.

ARUM SPINOSA 

Slash through enemies with two leaves of the exceedingly rare Arum Spinosa plant. Heavy Attack to whip a flurry of toxic spines at ranged attackers.

CAMBION ARMAMENTS COLLECTION
New weapons have emerged from the seething horror of the Infestation, each bringing a fresh, living aspect to their power. Featuring the bile-loaded Catabolyst Pistol, Proboscis Cernos Bow, Pulmonars Nunchaku, and the devastating Bubonico arm cannon.

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of these New Tenno Reinforcements, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil.

• If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like.
  • If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Deimos: Arcana Bug-Hunting Megathread!

Thank you!

On 2020-11-18 at 10:06 AM, [DE]Bear said:

BUBONICO

This infested arm-cannon rapid-fires toxic terror on its enemies. Rain down a triple volley of explosive disease bladders from a distance, then move in for the kill by unloading a multi-shot barrage of toxic barbs with primary fire. 

I really feel like the fire modes should be swapped. I feel like lobbing explosives at the targets is great, but im NOT a fan of the burst fire for it....but i feel like it would be great for the barbs.

Drop rate on these seems too low.  Each vault run should give a minimum of a piece, more akin to the way boss drops have worked.  If you really think the current rate is correct you should allow players to start the bounties at the top tier and avoid the lower isolation vaults.  They are such a long slog and the most common reward seems to be endo.

Not sure why Morgha wasn't included in the topic's list of new weapons, but an increase in the weapon's projectile speed, especially for the secondary fire, would be appreciated.  If not, please add an archgun mod that increases projectile speed, akin to Terminal Velocity and Lethal Momentum.

Proboscis Cernos: I really like this. The bow is excellently designed in pretty much all facets. It leverages high impact with a slightly longer draw time without being too slow, and an impactful ammo limitation. But what I really like is that the proboscis deal damage once a second while alive, and that these inherit the weapon's status chance. This means that they soften targets up before detonation, which is exactly how I would want it to work. Props to the weapon design team, they've really hit their stride lately, as the Entrati weapons and the Zymos were all fantastic as well!

The only gripe I have with it is the acquisition method. Consuming prior built weapons in the production is a bit awkward, as it may require people to reacquire weapons they mastered and put away, which can be a bit frustrating. I also wish that formas and catalysts were carried over to the newly crafted weapon in such a case, but they are sadly not.

While not specifically listed in the OP, I found no other section more fitting for feedback on Morgha.

I like this new direction of Archguns that actually look, sound and feel like powerful heavy weapons, and the deliberate ambiguity of their nature as either conventional weapons or futuristic energy weapons.

Morgha is also the first grenade launcher type weapon in a long while that I genuinely enjoy, but I do have two points of criticism:

1. The alt-fire projectile is too slow and often flies in an unexpected direction. My hunch is there is a slight delay between pressing the button and the projectile leaving the barrel so that if you move your aim right after pressing alt-fire, the projectile ends up firing in a different direction than where you aimed when you fired. After further testing, I can see that the problem is a combination of its ridiculously slow speed (in reality it would just, like, fall out of the barrel and pretty much straight to the ground if you "fired" anything that slow from a gun) and very short lifetime, causing it to often detonate before even reaching the enemy you were aiming at.

2. The ammo economy. Sorry but this is just terrible. Not only does the primary fire consume 2 units of ammo per shot, draining it twice as fast as the ammo initially appears to be, but when you try to adjust to that and use a dispenser, you get only 16 rounds back. I suggest change the ammo consumption to either 1 unit per shot, or double the amount of reserve ammo.

Sporothrix: This one is a pretty big disappointment. I don't care much about the stats, but the gameplay is missing the mark. It's just a barely explosive payload, and the 'increased lethality' of a headshot is kind of a given. 

The AoE of the explosion is a bit too small, and for a headshot burst, it's far too small. There's also mention of releasing spores, which would be similar to the Zymos (My favourite), but it doesn't release any spores at all. I don't know if this is a bug, but if it's not, the Sporothrix is a bust.

Lastly, and probably most importantly: The scope's decal is centered around a point that is MUCH higher than the actual reticule. Stylistically, it looks great, but functionally, it's awful, as my eyes are immediately drawn to the center of the decal. Please shift its position in relation to the reticule to better emphasise your reticule's location.

Alright, so I just finished crafting Bubonico. I haven't used it yet so I cannot comment on that, but I have one issue already.

UZij9Pt.png

As with the Shedu, this arm cannon also features a massive part along the upper arm that extends past the shoulder and likes to clip with many helmets, syandanas, or even the Warframe body itself.

I love arm cannons. I love the Shedu, and will very likely love the Bubonico as well. But can we please get a toggle to hide the part across the upper arm (for Shedu as well) so that we don't have have to specifically pick our Warframe look just to avoid the clipping?

After maxing all the new weapons yesterday with 40 forma across all the new content, here's my thoughts.

The Catabolyst is an absolute beast of a weapon... its just that the special reload mechanic is a total write-off. Its insane damage seems balanced by its short beam range but I have nothing good to say about its unique grenade reload mechanic. When you can melt level 180 grineer in half a second and the reload does literally not damage, it basically doesnt exist.

The Proboscis Cernos is very interesting in that it is one of the best weapons for lower leveled content (<75ish) but against tests against 180s, it takes 80% of your ammo to kill one, or a group of enemies. The low crit chance really hurts its damage potential against armored enemies, but using its raw damage, its unique mechanics all it to easily annihilate groups of lower leveled enemies. Just because it doesnt kill level 180s in the simulacrum doesnt mean its not good. This is a very good weapon. I can see a lot of people loving this. #BestCernos

I was a bit taken aback with the Pulmonaris, since its base impact and viral damage, with no slash, really made the classic viral condition overload build flop. My advice to people: Shattering Impact and Heat damage. Don't add any more viral. I can actually kill high level armored enemies with it. 

The Bubonico is up there with the Catabolyst in terms of damage. Arm cannons are awesome, but as other people have said, the upper arm dangly bit can obstruct your view in certain positions. As for its performance, sadly, there's no reason to use its alternate grenade fire mode unless youre fighting extremely low level enemies and can clear a group. Its primary fire does does 1000x the damage. Similar to the Catabolyst, the primary fire mode simply outshines the weapon's gimmick such that there's not really a point in playing with the alternate mode. With the current state of primary weapons, I doubt any amount of tuning to the secondary fire mode will ever bring it up to compete with the primary mode. The entire meme is that you apply status with the secondary and then kill the debuffed enemies with the primary, but when you have Hunter Munitions, your insane crit primary is also applying the best status in the game: Slash. I'd like to try out debuffing enemies with viral procs and slamming them with heat or electric damage on the primary, but even if you used suboptimal mods to get all your status weights right, you'll end up doing less damage for more effort. Strong weapon.

The Sporothrix looks really cool with a neat reload animation. It just takes a ton of shots to kill enemies. I have a viral heat bane build and it... kill enemies... after half the magazine. I think it just needs some more base damage so it status procs can tick for more damage. It's not a *bad* weapon, but it does not feel like a sniper rifle. I added a fire rate mod just to make it usable and it feels more like a DMR or battle rifle, like the Latron. Some base damage would be greatly appreciated on this weapon, since it cannot rely on critical hits with its 1% chance. I know its base damage is already very high in the Sniper category, but having an unusable crit chance it so painful. Maybe some kind of mechanic also where after getting 5 headshots, it gains 30% critical chance for 15 seconds or something? Like the Dual Toxocyst. 

Arum Spinosa. It's a melee weapon with with high slash weighting. These are automatically good weapons. From what I've heard, the forced Slash procs and increased damage (triple) from the Quassus make it much much better than this for heavy attack builds.

The Arum Spinosa seems really generic, but all the other weapons are very unique and interesting. This was a great weapons update that brought some funky fresh tools to the game.

Edit: Can't find a megathread for the Morgha so I'm putting it here. It's difficult to hit enemies with the very strong alternate fire. The airburst is very slow and has extremely extremely poor range. I would strongly suggest making it like the Corinth Prime's airburst alternate fire. Faster speed and manual detonation would really bring this weapon up to another level. Right now, the airburst is only usable within spitting range. It's so satisfying to hit enemies with it but it's frustrating to shoot out this projectile that travels as far as a deflating balloon. Increasing the speed and implementing manual detonation will be much more rewarding to players after hitting a skillful detonation in the middle of enemies or shooting or Dargyn out of the sky.

The Sporothrix needs a massive buff in some way.

Its for too underwhelming for it to be very annoying and hard to farm, be mastery rank 13 to use, and have so little polarities that you need to invest 4-6 forma into it.

It just doesn't do any job that weapons are supposed to have. Despite being a sniper it doesn't kill single targets very fast. And even though it has an AOE explosion with a big status chance, the AOE is so small that you almost never hit multiple enemies, which makes the status chance rather useless.

All that on top of the small max ammo pool, small mag size, long reload, useless crit chance, a single level of scoped bonus with a scoped bonus that doesn't really add anything useful, and you've got yourself a really bad weapon.

My suggestion for improving it would be to give it an actual crit chance for one. I get that its kind of a meme to have super low crit chance with high crit damage but 1% is just unacceptable for a sniper rifle. I'd say 20% crit chance is a minimum, but it really should be around the 30-40% range, even with its very high status.

Also I would increase the range, and damage of the AOE massively, as well as make it so headshots increase the range of the explosion. This would make it so it keeps the pinpoint accuracy game play of a sniper, while also fulfilling the role of being a status effect spreader, which snipers haven't really had before. And I think it would be really fun to shoot a guy in the head and then have everything around it in a 15m radius get set on fire.

5 hours ago, Mephane said:

Alright, so I just finished crafting Bubonico. I haven't used it yet so I cannot comment on that, but I have one issue already.

UZij9Pt.png

As with the Shedu, this arm cannon also features a massive part along the upper arm that extends past the shoulder and likes to clip with many helmets, syandanas, or even the Warframe body itself.

I love arm cannons. I love the Shedu, and will very likely love the Bubonico as well. But can we please get a toggle to hide the part across the upper arm (for Shedu as well) so that we don't have have to specifically pick our Warframe look just to avoid the clipping?

Alright, after putting 4 Formas into this weapon, here is my feedback:

The good:

• I usually don't like shotguns, but this weapon is amazing. The primary fire does away with the awkwardness of many shotguns of having a few shots in the magazine and then a long reload, or taking time to spool up to DPS (e.g. Kohm), it just shreds enemies at a constant pace and at a decent enough distance. The alt fire is a bit like an infested version of the Morgha, another excellent weapon in this update.
  • Decent crit and status stats for the primary fire considering the fire rate and pellet count, plus the built-in toxin element lend themselves nicely to a balanced hybrid build.
  • The alt fire lacking in crit chance is a bit disappointing, but I fear that otherwise it might be end up being overpowered and make the primary fire obsolete.
  • Regenerating ammo is always a bonus, I love that mechanic, the more weapons have it, the merrier.
  • The built-in toxin element for the primary and viral for the alt fire allow some interesting combinations that are reserved for a select few weapons, notably Scourge, allowing you to deal status effects like viral and corrosive with the same weapon. I love it.

The bad:

• Just like Shedu, this weapon is so massive, the aforementioned part along the upper arm and shoulder in particular, that it ruins many a fashionframe through excessive clipping.
    • I second my above proposal for a cosmetic toggle for both Shedu and Bubonico to hide the entire upper arm portion of the weapon.
    • This issue is not just entirely cosmetic, either. The upper portion of the weapon often blocks your view where it is most important - i.e. at the center of the screen, around the targetting reticule, especially when looking upward.

The ugly:

• The alt fire is Shedu all over again, massive explosions that are glorious to watch from 30 meters away, and completely blinding when detonated nearby. Given that Shedu's explosion effects are still a massive hindrance even after being toned down, I don't expect much of an improvement here. Please prove me wrong, DE!
    • What makes this extra weird is that DE indeed do create good looking explosion effects that do not outright blind you, as evidenced by Morgha.
  • The recoil of the primary fire is pure annoyance. It's not a precision weapon anyway and the recoil only slightly alters where that shot lands, but what it does do is add a lot of rapid screen shake.
    • I propose the recoil is removed entirely, and instead the accuracy of the weapon is slightly reduced to mimic the effect without shaking the entire screen.

1 hour ago, HerpDerpy said:

Its for too underwhelming for it to be very annoying and hard to farm, be mastery rank 13 to use, and have so little polarities that you need to invest 4-6 forma into it.

I'll be honest, it's so underwhelming that I think it's bugged.

The Codex description reads: This long-distance sniper rifle fires a razor-sharp, virus-soaked barb that continues to attack its host before violently erupting in a spore-laden mist. Scoped headshots increase lethality.

Every part of this description read, to me, as though the Sporothrix was going to be a sniper equivalent of the Zymos hand-cannon. Especially the mention of a 'spore-laden mist' brought that on, since the Zymos mentions releasing 'spore clouds'. So I though the Sporothrix' shots would always release the little seeker spores that emerge from Zymos headshots. 

But even without that: The sniper is NOT long-distance, since it has no zoom on its scope, has a very slow projectile with -heavy- drop. The damage is delivered instantaneously, no 'continues to attack', and the 'spore-laden mist' is just a gas cloud. 

'Scoped headshots increase lethality' is also just a dumb thing to add. Headshots -always- increase lethality. 

It genuinely feels like the Sporothrix is missing a mechanical element in its bullets that lives up to the description given in the codex. Because what that description promises and what the Sporothrix delivers are two -entirely different things-.

BUBONICO

Biggest issue is I can barely see what I'm aiming at because its model often gets in the way of the crosshair.

Just one example, there's many animation stages where it gets in the way like this:

zOxHZX3.png

And if I switch to left-shoulder it's still not great because the WF itself gets in the way, even without that shoulder-bug-thing there it's way too close.

E5zVPTF.png

The burst fire grenade launcher often gets in the way, would be simpler to have it semi or full auto.

CATABOLYST

The reload-to-grenade mechanic is really awkward to use because it requires you to ditch your engraved reload tactics.

It should at least throw the grenade as soon as you start reloading, but currently it takes way too long for it to be thrown. But the stagger still makes it a punishment for not remembering the gun's quirk, and it's not even that powerful of a gun so it's really not fun to use.

On 2020-11-24 at 8:31 AM, Vesterbro said:

The current sfx of Bubonico is kinda weird, very similar to Shedu and its not matching the appearance. I was expecting more organic, soft, or squishing sound from an infested arm cannon. 

I was just thinking that myself, I expected more organic sounds. That and the SFX from the primary to secondary are to similar.

Archived