Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Deimos: Arcana - Tenno Reinforcements Megathread

On 2020-11-24 at 9:02 PM, Colyeses said:

I'll be honest, it's so underwhelming that I think it's bugged.

The Codex description reads: This long-distance sniper rifle fires a razor-sharp, virus-soaked barb that continues to attack its host before violently erupting in a spore-laden mist. Scoped headshots increase lethality.

It was completely changed from the test server version.

Originally it had significant bullet drop and a slow projectile, it was only effective at short-medium range. The projectile did indeed continuously damage the target for 3 seconds before exploding, applying many status effects. Tons of viral and slash (by default) meant that it would kill pretty much anything with one shot.

Using a source of flat critical hit chance to make use of it's multiplier, and perhaps more importantly to make use of Arcane Momentum, made this weapon very strong and fun. If it had some kind of gimmick adding flat crit on it's own (even just ~30%), it would have been a terrific close range, single target rifle.

Alas all of that is history. Now it is just a very underwhelming weapon. A meh sniper with travel time. I don't think anyone thought this needed a nerf...

46 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Alas all of that is history. Now it is just a very underwhelming weapon. A meh sniper with travel time. I don't think anyone thought this needed a nerf...

Are we sure it's not a bug then? That it accidentally fires Zymos bullets instead of Sporothrix ones?

Sporothrix is pretty underwhelming. The 3x crit multiplier is useless with it's measly 1% crit chance. you should add +30% flat crit chance on the second zoom level.

Right now Komorex does the job as an AoE status sniper much better than Sporothrix.

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Sporothrix is pretty underwhelming. The 3x crit multiplier is useless with it's measly 1% crit chance. you should add +30% flat crit chance on the second zoom level.

Right now Komorex does the job as an AoE status sniper much better than Sporothrix.

It doesn't have a second zoom level, though, right? Or did they patch something?

Either way, Sporothrix needs its gameplay and value back. Right now, it's a low damage, single-target, range-restricted sniper rifle. Mediocre to bad in all regards and an ultimately boring design.

can you guys please remove the self stagger from catabolyst? it makes this weapon too bothersome to use, and no weapon should be hampered like that by its gimmick when its supposed to be helping it.

Arum Spinosa An alternative version of Quassus, oriented in status chance instead critical hit. The stats are good BUT there is a big issue with the projectiles from heavy attacks. Even with 100% (and more) status chance it's hard to apply any status when, in the other hand, Quassus auto proc a slash effect for every projectile, stacking them very fast. When with my Quassus i can easily proc 7-9  slash status in one heavy attack, i barely manage to have one with a 100% status Arum Spinosa. AND i  have less  number of status effect (if i count other element) on the target.

It's really paradoxical to have a status weapon dealing less status effect than a critical one. I think it's because the projectile mechanic divide the total status chance of the weapon for each one of them, 37% status divided by 12 projectiles, the status % of each of them must be something like 3%. Kinda really bad for a status weapon ....Can't be an alternative to Quassus like this.

Rising the base % effect of each projectiles is needed, maybe not the % of the weapon to avoid powerful stacks,  but something between the 2 values.

And can you give stats of projectiles in arsenal, it will help us (and you) to have return, make build etc (to see the real stats)

• Like 1

Catabolyst's grenade is definitely not an intelligent design: it self-staggers in the middle of the reloading animation, cancelling it and asking for a complete repeat. The short range of the weapon (in both the beam and the grenade) makes it only useful in close combat, were self-stagger is very difficult to avoid, especially in crowded situations (in Warframe: always). Just remove the grenade self-stagger, as you should have done in dozens of other weapons that never had self-damage before. If you are really stubborn on keeping the self-stagger, at least make the grenade throw at the end of the reload animation, so it doesn't cancel it.

Edited by DebrisFlow
  • Like 1

I'd love if the catabolyst was changed to store up to 3 grenades (magazines) instead of immediately throwing them out on reload. (Maybe we can use Alt fire to throw them?) [Magazine size for storing still applies, empty ones for maximum effect, filled ones for a lesser effect] {maybe have a special ui section for it, also telling us what quality the stored grenades are}

Bubonico and Catabolyst both give me motion sickness.  This is a fast paced game, so I get you probably don't take things like motion sickness into account, but the thing is, I play very fast.  Like normally hundreds of meters in front of a pub squad, have beat pub Wukongs to extraction without a speed frame fast.  Air-side-rolling, John Wooing it up all over the place.  No motion sickness.

The Bubonico is because I feel like I'm struggling to see past it and it makes me queasy for some reason.  Even if it didn't, the fact that it sits right next to the aiming reticle and blocks a huge portion of my screen is just not good at all for a weapon.  The concept for making things transparent when you aim in (or making things that block the screen in the environment, like foliage, transparent when they end up in front of the camera) is a super old concept and really needs to be applied to this game in so many places.  I've gotten used to flowy syandanas blocking my vision while I'm bullet jumping.  I cannot aim if I cannot see anything though, that's kind of how aiming works.  You really need to do something about this.

The Catabolyst is simple.  I HAVE MY GODDAMN SCREEN SHAKE TURNED OFF FOR A REASON.  DON'T JUST TURN IT BACK ON BECAUSE YOU THINK IT'S SUPER THEMATIC ON A WEAPON AND THEREFORE MUST EXIST ON IT REGARDLESS OF SETTINGS.  JFC.  I don't know how else to put that.  I cannot make myself be gentle and tender about the fact that you have very literally removed a setting that should be in place for the purposes of equal accessibility.  I get motion sickness really, really badly from things like screen shake or the pointless side to side rocking some FPS games put in to simulate the natural rocking of walking.  Rocking motions that your brain in real life tunes out, by the way.  But in games they make me sick, like sick immediately, cannot play through zero fault of my own, when things like screen shake or wobble walking exist.  I have it turned off.  My screen still noticeably bonces all over the place from firing the Catabolyst.  This is not okay.  You might as well turn off color blind settings for parts of the game because "muh intentions and aesthetics."  You need to remove this from anywhere it exists in this game.  Screen shake settings aren't just a "preference" for some of us.  I get a #*!%ing migraine and nausea inside of 10 minutes from things like this.

• Like 1

Bubonico: Good stats and satisfying to use. It suffers from Shedu-itus though. Alternate fire is visually overloading, and the explosions are blocked by level geometry.

Catabolyst: I have screen shake off for a reason, and I would like my weapons to respect that choice.

Morgha: Explosion radius on primary fire feels too small, especially in space. 5m on ground and 7-8m in space would feel much better. Maybe adjust falloff to 50% to compensate for the increased range.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-11-18 at 8:06 PM, [DE]Bear said:

CATABOLYST

Splatter enemies with a short-range stream of corrosive bile. Upon reload, toss the ammo bladder as a grenade. The emptier the pistol’s ammo bladder, the more potent its damage.

This is such a fun weapon, it is quite entertaining to chuck a grenade with some nice damage while in the down time of a reload.