Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO Stops giving affinity after zone 3

SqueaksTheFox

Question

16 answers to this question

14 hours ago, SqueaksTheFox said:

Just wasted 3 minutes to kill 1 enemy with my melee only and still got no affinity for it

Did maybe your Companion get the last hit in or something?

And where was this / how did you mod your Melee that it took anywhere near that (I sincerely hope) exaggerated 3 minutes claim?

6 minutes ago, Cephalon_Naiture said:

There's your problem. The Acceltra and Saryn are taking all the affinity.

Even if they are maxed, they will still take the affinity. You'll need to either have someone else kill so that at least some of the 75% that doesn't go into Saryn will be granted to the melee, or use the melee itself.

For example, assuming you have nothing but Saryn, the Acceltra, and the melee:

If Saryn's Abilities kill the enemy, Saryn will receive 100% of the affinity.
If the Acceltra kills the enemy, it's a 50-50 split. Your melee will be left out.
If your melee kills, it's a 50-50 between the melee and Saryn. The Acceltra will not receive anything.
If someone else kills, then Saryn will get 25%, and the Acceltra and melee will receive a split 75%. In this case, it's 37.5% to each weapon.

Say you kill a Grineer Lancer and you get 200 affinity, for simplicity.
According to the above scenarios:

If Saryn killed it, Saryn gets 200 affinity. Nothing else occurs.
If the Acceltra killed it, the Acceltra gets 100 and Saryn gets 100.
If the melee killed it, the melee gets the 100 instead, and Saryn keeps her 100.
If someone else dealt the final blow, Saryn gets 50, the Acceltra gets 75, and the melee gets 75.

Just wasted 3 minutes to kill 1 enemy with my melee only and still got no affinity for it

9 minutes ago, SqueaksTheFox said:

I'm leveling a melee weapon and using the acceltra to actually get kills

There's your problem. The Acceltra and Saryn are taking all the affinity.

Even if they are maxed, they will still take the affinity. You'll need to either have someone else kill so that at least some of the 75% that doesn't go into Saryn will be granted to the melee, or use the melee itself.

For example, assuming you have nothing but Saryn, the Acceltra, and the melee:

If Saryn's Abilities kill the enemy, Saryn will receive 100% of the affinity.
If the Acceltra kills the enemy, it's a 50-50 split. Your melee will be left out.
If your melee kills, it's a 50-50 between the melee and Saryn. The Acceltra will not receive anything.
If someone else kills, then Saryn will get 25%, and the Acceltra and melee will receive a split 75%. In this case, it's 37.5% to each weapon.

Say you kill a Grineer Lancer and you get 200 affinity, for simplicity.
According to the above scenarios:

If Saryn killed it, Saryn gets 200 affinity. Nothing else occurs.
If the Acceltra killed it, the Acceltra gets 100 and Saryn gets 100.
If the melee killed it, the melee gets the 100 instead, and Saryn keeps her 100.
If someone else dealt the final blow, Saryn gets 50, the Acceltra gets 75, and the melee gets 75.

6 minutes ago, SqueaksTheFox said:

Saryn and all my weapons (except melee) are max

What Rank your equipment is doesn't change anything about how Affinity spread works.

Including how it doesn't work for your own kills giving Affinity to something not involved in the kill.

8 minutes ago, Cephalon_Naiture said:

If the Acceltra kills the enemy, the Acceltra will take 75% and Saryn will take 25%. Your melee will be left out.
If your melee kills, it's a 75-25 between the melee and Saryn. The Acceltra will not receive anything.

It's a 50 / 50 split.

Just now, SqueaksTheFox said:

I'm leveling a melee weapon and using the acceltra to actually get kills

Look, if you want to level up the weapon in solo, you have to use that weapon. If you don't want to use it, the only way is to get exp from completing objectives (not efficient) or teammates, since exp gained by them is spread between all your equipped gear.

1 minute ago, Cephalon_Naiture said:

Affinity is split in different ways.

If the Warframe's Ability killed the enemy, ALL of the affinity is given to the Warframe.
If the weapon dealt the killing blow, then 75% of the affinity goes to the killing weapon and 25% to the Warframe.

My guess is that your Spores and/or Miasma is dealing the final blow before your Acceltra could, resulting in Saryn hoarding all the affinity.

Saryn and all my weapons (except melee) are max

Affinity is split in different ways.

If the Warframe's Ability killed the enemy, ALL of the affinity is given to the Warframe.
If the weapon dealt the killing blow, then 75% of the affinity goes to the killing weapon and 25% to the Warframe.

In Multiplayer, if someone else got the kill, then the affinity is split with 25% going straight to the Warframe, and the remaining 75% being split between everything else.

My guess is that your Spores and/or Miasma is dealing the final blow before your Acceltra could, resulting in Saryn hoarding all the affinity.

5 minutes ago, SqueaksTheFox said:

Whenever I get to zone 3 I just stop getting affinity even though my weapon is far from level 30. Is anyone else having this issue by any chance and knows a fix?

I'd assume your teammates leave after wave 2 and you just spam abilities without using the weapon.

Archived