Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Conservation Changes Megathread

SilverBones

Welcome Tenno!

With the release of Deimos: Arcana, we have included Conservation Changes!

Son’s Conservation tasks have been made more rewarding and accessible! There are two main factors to this change:

• Higher quality Conservation captures will now provide better rewards, as they do in our other Free Roam landscapes. Scoring a “Good” capture will now provide 2 animal capture Tags instead of 1, and “Perfect” captures will award 3 Tags!
  • Son’s Token exchange has been reorganized, based on player inventory statistics. Smaller offerings will require more commonly found creatures, and larger offerings with more Tokens will require creatures that are harder to come by.

There are also a number of new Conservation targets to get, so get your tranq guns ready, Tenno!

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of Conservation Changes, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil.

• If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like.
  • If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Deimos: Arcana Bug-Hunting Megathread!

Thank you!

Tracks have become less noticeable and harder to follow. They now blink, and when you look around in search of them they are often in their dim phase and easy to miss. Also it seems like they fade out outside of a pretty close radius. so it's not like blinking helps to notice them further away.

In addition, tracks like to disappear. I take some steps away to kill a couple of annoyances, and when I return the tracks aren't there any more and the map doesn't have the area circled.

Son tokens are easier to get, so that's nice. maybe conservation will be an efficient way of getting entrati standing.

Though one of the main issues is still here - animals (especially naturally spawned ones) are sometimes very hard to detect through tranq rifle scope. When an animal is nearby, it just beeps and highlights it with red colour for a second, which is barely distinguishable from the enviroment of Deimos and sometimes PoE during the day. I'd suggest to buff the tranq rifle, maybe so it beeps more frequently when you're looking in the direction where the animal is? Maybe add a marker like the one mining drill has?

unrelated, but token prices from grandma are ridicilous. ~30 minutes worth of mining and fishing just for 4 mother tokens, that you can get in 2 minutes even in a lowest level bounty? no.

edit: velocipods and the new other animal should be highlighted by tranq rifle too imo. both for helping to find them (i don't even know how the new animal looks like) and for consistency (all other animals are highlighted, why are these two special?)

As an ambient spawn, it's not clear or prominent enough where the Nexifera entities must be hit with the Tranq rifle to successfully put them to sleep. This was okay with the Bolarola because they're larger, clearer, and only come on call so you get Biz telling you to aim for the underbelly.

A tiny antenna on falling pinecones, by comparison, is not as easily conveyed or spotted.

Additionally, there seems to be no way to sneak up on these beasts and Tranq them before they're triggered to fall, which is not good - capture quality suffers easily if you have to run out and draw aggro under it, especially since you're then awkwardly trying to get your sights on its small weak point before it retreats and despawns (easy to clip the 'shell' and ruin a good capture).

Just now, -ZeroStar- said:

Fish not spawning is still an issue, even at the 'rare pools'

I am experiencing this as well. Fish just do not spawn at times. I was able to fish for about 10 minutes and then the spawns stopped entirely. I returned to necralisk, and then back to the drift but the spawning was still non-existant. I will note around the same time i noticed the spawns stopping on my 10 minute run i had glassed enemies spawn.

En 18/11/2020 a las 12:13, [DE]Bear dijo:

Welcome Tenno!

With the release of Deimos: Arcana, we have included Conservation Changes!

Son’s Conservation tasks have been made more rewarding and accessible! There are two main factors to this change:

• Higher quality Conservation captures will now provide better rewards, as they do in our other Free Roam landscapes. Scoring a “Good” capture will now provide 2 animal capture Tags instead of 1, and “Perfect” captures will award 3 Tags!
  • Son’s Token exchange has been reorganized, based on player inventory statistics. Smaller offerings will require more commonly found creatures, and larger offerings with more Tokens will require creatures that are harder to come by.

There are also a number of new Conservation targets to get, so get your tranq guns ready, Tenno!

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of Conservation Changes, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil.

• If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like.
  • If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Deimos: Arcana Bug-Hunting Megathread!

Thank you!

the culmination of the family entrati this weapon represents the union of this broken family With a line of additives from each member, this weapon has double functionality works as a primary weapon and as an upgraded version of the traditional sedative rifle

His blueprint is obtained from a career with Grandma and a sedative rifle is needed for its construction.

its additives come from each member of this family and are

Daughter improvements: living lens capable of automatically focusing the objectives and its essence tracker that physically manifests the smell of the prey that we are monitoring

Father upgrades: Physical increase Improved projectile speed, range and projectile damage from the void gives the ability for sedative darts to affect other enemies ignoring armor and shields

note * when acquiring the weapon upgrade it can be used as a primary weapon

improvement of the son: stealth pheromones when using the rifle it will release a pheronomas that improves our ability to hide ourselves making us more difficult to be a hostile target and less prone to reinforcements coming

only works in hunting mode

At the moment only that has occurred to me but with the original idea would come an update to improve a couple of things in the open world cycles and that I will explain later please add

The Nexifera is wholly unenjoyable.

Firstly, it's really annoying that it's just an environmental spawn. It means long hours of wandering aimlessly in caves waiting for one to show up while repeatedly having to clear out random spawns of Sly Vulpaphyla, Common Avichaea and Vizier Predasites juuust outside the caves. It's a massive time sink for basically no reward.

Secondly, rarity is a big issue. We can't actively hunt them so we can't use pharomas either. I've been hunting them half the afternoon and haven't even seen a scarlet one. There's no real benefit to rarity in conservation like this, why can't "uncommon" and "rare" at least be reasonably common.

Third, they're pretty awful to work out what to do with them. As of yet the only decent way I've found to catch them at all is to use Ivara's sleep arrow to knock them off the roof then tranq them on the ground. If I bait their attack they fly off in weird directions and retract fast so hitting their miniscule vulnerable point is stupidly hard.

Rarity is an issue in general. It's fine with the "rare" as you can pay to find it, but the uncommon species of basically every animal is ridiculously hard to find one of, let alone 20 for the codex.

Also the actual tracking with the tranq rifle is still awful. It's looking for one flashing orange pixel in a whole landscape of orange. The range indicator should really be changed from "meters to the thing you're looking directly at" to "meters to the nearest conservation target" so we can at least use it to home in on the animals.

I would give more feedback if I could see the orange targets on the orange background.

Or if the tranq rifle would tell me the distance to the TARGET instead of the wall.

Or if the beeping told me I am looking at an animal instead of telling me that an animal is nearby in a 200 SQUARE meters area.

The latest conservation changes for deimos are great and I really hope that the plains and orb vallis get uncommon/rare also tied to their day/night hot/cold cycle as well

That said the number of scans required to learn the codex number of enemies should be severely reduced. With the bonus tags on perfect capture I now have around 50 ish tags of one animal type while still needing to scan 15 more of them. The required codex scans are out of line now with the added tag acquisition method (it's even worse if you have a booster).

Hello, because there are no lures for the Nexifera species, please make all 3 variants spawn at equal or at least increase the weighting on the rare subspecies. Without lures/pheramones it is incredibly hard to find anything but amethyst nexifera.

On 2020-11-20 at 10:11 AM, Eriss23 said:

Currently I can say for certain that Flagellocanth do not highlight with Oxylus or dye. Have not tried Lobotriscid yet but will update if I experience the same.

Confirmed, the Flagellocanths do not light up with dye.

The Lobotriscid seem to hear throws done with the Ebisu spear and will react to throws by rushing away. Also while invis as a Ivara they kept running away from me to the point where they disappeared.

Related to Conservation, can the Codex scans scale off rarity like the fish in Plains of Eidolon do (12 for common, 6 for uncommon, 3 for rare, 1 for legendary)? 20 scans for every type of Conservation animal is outrageous considering how tedious spawning them (and scanning them) are (birds are the worst offender).

Additionally, Velocipods only require 5 scans for Codex completion. Why is rule this not applied to Nexifera as well for being a similar type of animal?

Hitboxes on both new fishes seem too small. It's very hard to hit them compared to all other fixes. They also run away from Ebisu Spear.

And as said, Luminous Dye does not apply to Flagellocanth.

Also, there is a noticeable bug that fishes stop spawning out of nowhere for specific players. The only fix so far is to exit the Cambion Drift and go back in.

ps4 player here and dont have these changes yet but I do wanna leave some feedback on some conservation stuff...

• Please give the tranq rifle simple left/right arrows to show direction of animals.  OR Just adding a range indicator would be extremely helpful.  I use the range finder on the mining laser to easily find ore spots.  It does an amazing job at giving you just enough info to determine direction.  
  • After fish spawn timers were changed I did alot of fishing.   With your spear out and aiming Fish tend to only spawn ONE at a time.  Should be 2-3 at a time.  
  • The cave system to the north/northwest of the gutter does NOT spawn fish, and never has......

The cave system that is in Light Blue in this pic does not spawn fish.   When your in that cave system you can see the cave system on the other side of the gutter and that one works fine..   But Light Blue side... does NOT work... 

Eg0fyVlX0AIkTLC?format=jpg&name=large

The light blue side has a few spots that would be cool to fish in...  

20 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

ps4 player here and dont have these changes yet but I do wanna leave some feedback on some conservation stuff...

• Please give the tranq rifle simple left/right arrows to show direction of animals.  OR Just adding a range indicator would be extremely helpful.  I use the range finder on the mining laser to easily find ore spots.  It does an amazing job at giving you just enough info to determine direction.  
  • After fish spawn timers were changed I did alot of fishing.   With your spear out and aiming Fish tend to only spawn ONE at a time.  Should be 2-3 at a time.  
  • The cave system to the north/northwest of the gutter does NOT spawn fish, and never has......

The cave system that is in Light Blue in this pic does not spawn fish.   When your in that cave system you can see the cave system on the other side of the gutter and that one works fine..   But Light Blue side... does NOT work... 

Eg0fyVlX0AIkTLC?format=jpg&name=large

The light blue side has a few spots that would be cool to fish in...  

Yes, this ^^. As it is right now, the easiest ways to track animals down for conservation is just flying around on an archwing and listening for that sweet sweet beeping sound to know you have one near you. I think it'd be a huge QOL change to have indicator arrows pointing you even towards the general direction of the spotted animal. They show through walls already, but the color of Deimos and overall screen clutter makes it very hard to spot them unless you're spinning in a circle very slowly and scanning every part of your screen manually. Another thing I'd like to add is that I haven't been seeing a lot of Avichaea's around. Maybe it's just me, but aside from buying the Echo lure that one time and tracking them for the Entrati rank-up, I've actually never encountered them in regular Deimos-play. This could also somewhat tie in with the distracting scenery? As a fix, I'd probably make the Echo lures spawn larger groups of Avichaeas or make them have regular migrational patterns with large amounts of them moving at once, so players can spot them more easily and see them as more of a part of the Deimos world/ecosystem. I haven't done a lot of fishing on Deimos so I can't comment much about that.

I want floofs, can never have enough of them, but also...
they hold less actual value compared to son tokens that i need for grandmother tokens that i can also not ever have enough of since there is no limit to how many orbiter decorations i can have

However they both require the conservation tags to purchase
So can we just get son tokens from a different resource that we get alongside the tags ...plz

Archived