Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Steel Path Changes Megathread

SilverBones

I have question about enemy scaling, stats and rewards - due to fact that this game revolves only about damage and rewards as I guess still remain the same as with "standard mode" what is the current state of progress fixing this? I don't want to be forced to play only a couple of brain dead, easy to use frames and a handful of so called "meta" weapons. If I not submit to this Steel Path becomes a chore and everyone I have playing with is agreeing with me that something has to be done. Adding Acolytes is nice start but I don't want to sit with bullet sponges all the time where the only "challenge" is removed if I use Saryn. This should not be the case - this causes unhealthy distance between of players wanting challenge and fun or those who want to go the easiest way possible. Also rewards - credit and endo rewards should be removed completely out of steel path, sorties and even higher levels in standard chart - especially in void fissures. 

So far I'm enjoying the update, got 28 SE from 4 dailies (with booster), and ran 2 exterminations with 2 acolyte spawns in each making that another 16 essence. BUT can we please get two things from Teshin in one week? Waiting 2 months for missed item seems like too long, monthly rotation with 2 items each week would be better. 

There doesn't seem to be a bug thread for the Steel Path changes, so I'm posting it here.

I tried two normal missions and no Acolytes spawned.

• The first one was Hepit, did a very slow run, roughly 3m:30s, and killed about 50-60 enemies. No Acolyte.
  • Second was Teshub, also took my time to not rush it too hard, slightly below 4m, killed a bit more than the required amount of enemies. No Acolyte.

Edit:

• Oxomoco, 4m, 150 kills with 130 needed, no Acolyte.
  • Steel Path Daily Rescue mission, 1:20, 2 kills, no Acolyte.
  • Steel Path Daily Sabotage, 1:30, 4 kills, no Acolyte.

I don't know how you decide to spawn them, but this is pretty much broken.

I am disappointed that I had 0 SE when the update went live, now I don't think I will be able to collect enough SE to obtain an umbra forma in 3 days. I am also surprised they completely removed the old methods for farming SE, if they had reduced the drop rate by 1/2 instead I would probably be happy with the changes. That would make both paths still viable.

Acolytes still don't scale comfortably into Steel Path when considering their eternally janky skillset.

Some examples I noticed being particularly onerous:

• Button presses just not responding even though you have no nullification indicator (I think this is an Acolyte's version of Silence?) - in Steel Path this can just be the difference between life and death in an instant.
  • Getting locked out of the already glacial Steel Path damage-chipping for large portions of time (Acolyte.. Riftwalk, if I remember right from back at launch - Limbo doesn't even have that ability any more either)
  • Trying to fight with an Acolyte only to be slowed down by 80% and animation locked into awkward melee 'grabs' over and over and over again (Forced 'finisher' of some sort? The additional slow effects really make it intolerable.)

In 'standard chart' these might not be so bad, but at Steel Path over-scaling they're just frustrating in an already tedious mode. I'd be unsurprised if the other three Acolytes I didn't see while clearing the dailies also have something unpleasant which doesn't translate well into the demands of SP.

Also, the status allowance notably missing Viral means that they did not need any health buffing. Four stacks of corrosive isn't counterbalancing the Steel Path armour modifier and level scaling from their old forms. Four stacks of non-combining heat procs when I unloaded my Athodai alt-fire was wasteful and did not provide significant DPS improvement. As far as I could tell, 450 damage per tick came out of that. That's nothing to a level+100, 250%-stats Acolyte.

Only Slash procs (as always) are doing anything significant to flatten kill times in the Steel Path environment.

Suggestion for Teshin's Steel Path Shop: Instead of rotating his inventory every week, until it comes back around to the beginning of the rotation after 8 weeks, put everything into the shop all at once, and refill everything simultaneously every 8 weeks. This way, it doesn't matter when exactly you get the time to farm Steel Essence and visit the shop for whatever item you covet, but the rate of acquisition of e.g. Umbra Forma is still the same.

Players already leave endless missions after the first cycle. While you can still get more SE from Acolytes. Additional drops from Eximus would make it worthwile to continue doing long runs.

The first weekly item is Umbra Forma, but there's only less than 3 days left. Since my SE count isn't that high yet, I can't reach it within this period, so I have to wait EIGHT whole weeks?? Could you make this first one last for a week please?

I also got the impression that in missions where I was alone, no Acolytes show up. I waited a couple of minutes near the entrance, but nothing happened.

2 hours ago, Mephane said:

Suggestion for Teshin's Steel Path Shop: Instead of rotating his inventory every week, until it comes back around to the beginning of the rotation after 8 weeks, put everything into the shop all at once, and refill everything simultaneously every 8 weeks. This way, it doesn't matter when exactly you get the time to farm Steel Essence and visit the shop for whatever item you covet, but the rate of acquisition of e.g. Umbra Forma is still the same.

Excellent idea!

9 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

so we cant sit in a mission any more and farm tons of it....at least we NOW get 100% chance of 2 (multiplied by boosters) no matter the mission.

You can get guaranteed 3 per mission and another 2 (4 with boosters) if an acolyte spawns.  That's 7 per mission x 5 missions =35 per day.  35SE x 7 days = 245 per week.  IF...an acolyte spawns every missions and today out of 5 missions the acolyte only spawned once.  So I only got 19 today.  If that is going to be the average then its going to be a hell of a grind.  I get an average of 150-200SE (with boosters) everyday for 2 hours of farming with the previous method. So yeah, the previous method was preferred.

Capture, sabotage, rescue missions: make acolytes spawn within 3 minutes instead of 5. Having to wait idle for them is a let-down. They should also be a guaranteed spawn (which is not the case currently, as other players made me note and personally verify)

And allow us to recover missed alerts like in nightwave, daily playtime is not a honest request. All week missions should be recoverable during a weekend

Umbral forma should be a purchaseble every week on the vendor , clearly a shotgun riven and an umbral forma doesn't have the same value for the players so none of the comunity especially the newer players shouldn't wait for that much for getting one more umbral forma. 8 weeks for one umbral forma is not a player friendly desing

Steel essence farms are a joke now, you can do 5 missions which reward you with 3 essence each which gives you a total of 15 steel essence per day (pretty sure its affected by boosters so 30 per day if you have one). But wait there's more! you can farm essence by killing acolytes and get a whole 2 essence per 5 minutes in a survival mission (what a steal!!!) so you can get a whole 24 essence per hour (48 with a booster) if you farm acolytes instead of taking 1 hour on odin and getting 5x (or more) that.

Yesterday I did a 2 hour run on odin and I got 120 essence and that was the lowest I ever got (in terms of essence/hour/minute/etc.) which still almost 2x more than what I would get farming acolytes.

For example:

my first ever run (which took 1 hour) with no booster or smeeta kavat gave me 67

a normal run with a booster and smeeta kavat gave me 172 essence (again 1 hour)

I will put screenshots of runs that I have recorded so you can see that I'm not exaggerating when I say this.

TL;DR the current steel essence farms made farming for steel essence far too hard to obtain. If you have steel essence farmed from farms before the update I would suggest saving it instead of spending it all instantly.

Here is the proof that I wasn't joking about how effective farms were before (I blurred out other player's names for privacy): https://prnt.sc/vmv26q https://prnt.sc/vmv454 https://prnt.sc/vmv6f8

Ofc this isn't every run I ever did, there were more successful and less successful but ALL of them were far more effective than whatever THIS is.

1 hour ago, Uan91 said:

Why give feedback anyways? They are not going to change their mind. Possibly they are going to reduce to 1 SE per drpp from acolytes instead.

These threads are just so that what's left of the community doesn't spam all over the forums , that's all there is to it .

So let me get this straight. You say 

Zitat

people feel forced to play extremely long macro-based runs to optimize their runs

because you reduced the drop rate of SE. NOW you reduce it even further and call this

Zitat

We would rather try something else.

You even force the player to MORE macro-based camping. Player will now not do long macro-based runs, they will do multiple macro-based runs. WOW, what an improvement.

"We can't stop player grinding in a grinding game, so me make it less atractive to grind in a grinding game" - DE

EDIT:

If forgot the best part, "there is virtually no RNG with Steel Essence anymore" in the same sentence with "they choose to appear [...] random", can't make this up...

3 Things i want to tell to everyone especially DE, Hopefuly DE will read this.

First, i don't know how the new Steel Essence will work since im not playing on PC and test the Acolyte.

Second, based on my experienced, i got around 100-200 SE around 80-100 Minute on Odin. Depends on my Kavat and ofc RNG.

Third, This is my 2 cents, i don't care and not even a problem for me if getting SE is "harder". I mean hard on the difficulty not the duration.

If we get around 100-200 (50-100 without booster but who farm SE without Resource Boost??) Between 80-100 Minute, I'd like to give advice to DE to Consider how frequent the Acolyte will spawn and how many they will drop so we will have SIMILIAR RESULT like what we get from now.

Okay 100-200 SE is too much, But please make it around 80-160 or Similar. Making it too low will kill the excitement doing SP. There is the new alert but its just a little extra, making a significant drop rate on SE is horrible, 80-160 on 80-100 Minute Endless should be fine. Making the Acolyte tough is not an issue because its actually fun to fight "tough" enemy. Don't because we get daily alert we will have significant drop rate on SE, How much the total we get from the alert 15-25 SE? Thats too small and super boring to do, we could get exact same amount by half the time on endless.

Having a rotation reward on SE Vendor is a good idea and i really interested on that. Also Riven Sliver should have a new reward rotation too. 

DE weren't going to adjust the rates based on the rates the (arguably explotatitive) farming methods they were achieving. They were going to adjust them based on the existing prices of Steel Essence rewards. 80 Steel Essence is half an Umbral Forma, or any other single item in the shop, so naturally DE aren't going to adjust rates to make that super easy to get considering Steel Path rewards are meant to mean at least something. I assume you mean per hour not per minute, of course.

What they did was recognise that people felt pushed towards the Odin farm nonsense, recognise that Odin farm rates were something they were unhappy with, and changed the system to solve both issues.

29 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

These threads are just so that what's left of the community doesn't spam all over the forums , that's all there is to it .

Bold of you to claim 90% of the people posting about a topic put their posts in the right place. Hell, half don't even put their extraneous threads in the right forum, much less posting into a megathread that covers it.

8 minutes ago, Da_Grizzly said:

So let me get this straight. You say 

because you rteduced the drop rate of SE. NOW you reduce it even further and call this

You even force the player for MORE macro-based camping. TPlayer will now not do long macro-based runs, they will do multiple macro-based runs. WOW, what an improvement.

"We can't stop player grinding in a grinding game, so me make it less atractive to grind in a grinding game" - DE

You have access to Essence drops at a fairly consistent rate without it being A) 40+ minute delay until eximi spawn rate improves B) murdering the most unit throughput per second C) Prolonging (B) for as long as possible so that the proportional time of (A) is less of your total time spent.

It's no longer a game of 2 essence versus 100+ based solely on whether you could exploit/endure for 2-3 hours at a time. It's a consistent middle.

Did the dailies, worst case was 7.5 minutes to spawn the Acolyte in the excavation. Others rolled in at 4.5 to 5 minutes. Two essence (unboosted) per five minutes equates to 48 per two hours. Even if you halve that for bad luck and Acolytes being absolute turds and delaying their kill time, that's still 12 essences per hour pre-boost.

Umbra at 150 means you're being asked for 12.5 hours of input over the course of a week, minus 0.25 per daily. If you hit each daily, you get 8.75 hours knocked off the extra acolyte input (also getting spawns in the dailies) for a total ask of.. just under 4 hours a week? So.. if you had time to be doing endurance runs anyway, it's really a non-issue.

For real, how can they nerf, survivals, then nerf the drop, then totally make a 0% dropchance and then finally nerfing khora, for real they just needed to make the price for each steel-path honor.
I think it's not that hard to, instead of lowering the rate, making the requirements higher, for example, KUVA ESSENCE, 10.000 for 35 Essences, and NOONE would complain, Making steelpath 350% health and armor Neither would be a problem. I dont get why they are making everything bad right now, and I'm actually a #*!%ing Warframe Fanboy but dude, DE, ure really throwing, like that LOL game when you are winning for 5k gold and then all your team suicides doing baron nashor without any tank and you spawning just before they all die. 
DE, you dont need to nerf warframes, you need to BUFF enemies, is it that really hard? I CAN destroy any enemy with ANY weapon whenever i want, I know it's a hack and slash, but then, why is there any problem to get ABSURD amounts of resources? It's totally logic, but the requirements can be as high as the drop, or higher, to play more, but not DELETING the drop and changing the way we play every week and making little changes without really telling us. I'm getting a little sad right now, I hope everyone that sees this, thinks nearly the same as I do, BTW i've 6k Hours, and half of them are on simulacrum, I already broke your game DE, i can make every warfame inmortal, i can make every weapon do millions, even a #*!%ing lato.

Yeeeah it does feel quite slow and low amounts, I mean 2 steel essence per acolyte, and a few times the acolyte dissapeared or didnt spawn so I wasted my time.

I think the best thing they couldve done is kept the eximus drops and added the acolyte as a bonus that drops a guaranteed steel essence.

Archived