Deimos: Arcana - Steel Path Changes Megathread

80 to 100 SE in 1h30 ?

i don't even get a fifth of that.... (but then again pc are advantaged on that matter compared to console)
80 to 100 is probably with khora though, i don't think they'll take this absurd amount as a base considering how many kuva that make.

Edited by (NSW)Gamma83
5 hours ago, 60framespersecond said:

There doesn't seem to be a bug thread for the Steel Path changes, so I'm posting it here.

I tried two normal missions and no Acolytes spawned.

• The first one was Hepit, did a very slow run, roughly 3m:30s, and killed about 50-60 enemies. No Acolyte.
  • Second was Teshub, also took my time to not rush it too hard, slightly below 4m, killed a bit more than the required amount of enemies. No Acolyte.

Edit:

• Oxomoco, 4m, 150 kills with 130 needed, no Acolyte.
  • Steel Path Daily Rescue mission, 1:20, 2 kills, no Acolyte.
  • Steel Path Daily Sabotage, 1:30, 4 kills, no Acolyte.

I don't know how you decide to spawn them, but this is pretty much broken.

Yeah they only spawn around 5min mark it seems to me, so any faster mission than that will not get any Acolytes.

Also, for some reason I didnt get any during survival in 10minutes dispite killing things all the time. Maybe I was too slow at killing them or what gives? Is there something else that prevents them from spawning or is it a bug?

Anyway its kinda shame that Steel Essence is basically the only reason to do Steel Path missions, so when I didnt get any essence from that 10 minute run I felt like I utterly wasted my time. I still wish Steel Path missions would give a better end-of-round reward compared to regular star chart... Not sure why its such a no-no, isnt it normal thing for any game that the harder the game gets the better the rewards become.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

80 to 100 SE in 1h30 ?

i don't even get a fifth of that.... (but then again pc are advantaged on that matter compared to console)
80 to 100 is probably with khora though, i don't think they'll take this absurd amount as a base considering how many kuva that make.

in 1:30H i farm arround 200 like always, with boosters and kavats, cause I know how to do it, lot of hours played and etc. But they didnt HAVE to nerf the droprate, just the requirements.

• Like 1
On 2020-11-19 at 2:16 AM, [DE]Bear said:

As you play in any Steel Path mission, Acolytes will spawn and attack

They spawn only after 5mins is it? Fast missions can't even see any and we finish the mission already. So we are expected in wait for them in mission for them to spawn?

Let's say I have just the weekend for playing, I farm survival steel essence with baruuk or something else, a khora not anymore but whatever, I play 3-4 hours and collect steel essence, nice.

Now if I can't play 30-40min per day doing alert steel path I got like nothing.

I like to stop sometimes and change game, I need to work and I need a free time sometimes, I don't like much the "daily" must on a game, I don't like this features.

what did you think about this point of view?

Edited by Morfeo_01
  • Like 6

Seems like the disparity between optimized SE endurance farming and normal gameplay has forever screwed the SE economy. Seems like normal gameplay still won't get you any significant amount of SE. Seems like I won't make it to 150 before the umbra BP disappears for two months. Does DE want me to stop playing WF for two months? Seems to be the message I'm getting. I'll hold out hope for Steel Path kuva floods and a decent status effect balance pass.

• Like 3

If you do non-alert SP missions, you can get the Acolyte too. So you can still farm SE outside of the alerts. I just had one in a regular SP mission.

Just tested: resource booster WORKS on Acolyte SE drop! They drop 4 SE. Also: endless missions spawn an Acolyte every cycle (like every 5 minutes in Survival).

They usually spawn between 4-5 mins. Sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later.

Edited by Aazhyd

So far, really like the Steel Essence changes. It seems like you can still farm pretty fast (4 essence every 5-6 minutes?), so for those people that want to farm in a concentrated moment, they can just log into an endless mission and go nuts. But with the daily alerts, too, those who'd rather just matchmake into missions a few times per week, this is great, and doesn't require specific comps and recruit channel-based matchmaking. 

1 hour ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Seems like the disparity between optimized SE endurance farming and normal gameplay has forever screwed the SE economy. Seems like normal gameplay still won't get you any significant amount of SE. Seems like I won't make it to 150 before the umbra BP disappears for two months. Does DE want me to stop playing WF for two months? Seems to be the message I'm getting. I'll hold out hope for Steel Path kuva floods and a decent status effect balance pass.

In a couple hours of non-endurance playing last night, I farmed up 71 essence. With a Resource booster going, each Acolyte drops 4 essence. Non-endurance missions take about 6-7 minutes total. Endurance, you will see an Acolyte every 5-6 minutes? You can absolutely get the Umbra bp without grinding your eyeballs out. Do the dailies for a big chunk (yesterday's, Friday's, and Saturday's will get you 45 essence from the daily, plus another 30--60 with booster--from the Acolyte spawn), and the remained is just an hour or two of playing Steel Path.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb waterboytkd:

4 essence every 5-6 minutes

Thats about 48 an hour if u have luck. Befor the nerf it was 60 an hour and befor the first nerv it was about 150 an hour Does this sounds like an improvement?

Edited by Da_Grizzly

The hammer to the endless farm was justified and good in my opinion. However I do think there is a reason for it to exist, albeit in a more reigned-in state.

Have the amount of Acolytes that spawn increase with subsequent spawns up to three Acolytes at once.

The first time an Acolyte spawns in a mission there is only one. The second time there is two. The third time and all times after there are three.

Lua Survival already has a mechanic like this with Sentient spawns, where the longer you stay the more that spawn (up to a cap). This would incentivize endurance runs without tuning their rewards so high that it overshadows the base casual rate of Essence.

Edited by DrBorris
7 minutes ago, Da_Grizzly said:

Thats about 48 an hour if u have luck. Befor the nerf it was 60 an hour and befor the first nerv it was about 150 an hour Does this sounds like an improvement?

So, there's no luck involved. Acolyte spawns are guaranteed. And you don't need to bother with a Resource Drop Chance Booster, either, because the Steel Essence is a guaranteed drop from Acolytes. 

But sure, for the person that just wanted to afk Khora whip farm, this is a nerf. But for literally everyone else, it's a huge improvement in terms of accruing Steel Essence.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Da_Grizzly said:

60 an hour? You'd had to play at least 45 mins for the mass SE drops to start. Now you can hop into any mission and stay as long as you like.

• Like 1

As returning player I started doing the star chart in steel path just a while ago. When I got to 25 essence by clearing planets and bought an operator armor piece, it felt like accomplishing something. Some missions took time and consideration to finish (solo). Now I played an incursion that lasted 3 minutes to get 3 essence and I feel a bit cheated.

• Like 1

So ! feedBack ...

I want to scream but I wont.

1. before the Update I was farming 40-45 Essence / H.

now in 1H I saw only 3 acolyte. 

1 survie of 15 minute : no acolyte

3 capture : acolyte spawn  at 7-8 and one jsute didn't spaw even after 10min

2 exter : acolyte spaw at 4min, exter no spawn after 10min 

So please , the ONLY thing I want is :

- have the same spawn that the key holder in the coprus ships.  (spawn a 3-5 ) 

and if you do that , I think 150 is good for a forma Umbra.

• Like 1

New steel essence system

PROS: More consistent farming, accessibility for newer players, ability to play solo, you don't have to stay for more than 1h to get decent drops, you can leave after 10min

CONS: promotes AFK macro farming (odin didn't) , lower amount of SE gained for people that min/maxed previous system.

Elimination of RNG? Absolutely not smeeta Charm still exists.... and you should have it!

Daily missions are fine even tho it will be only worth using for completing your Star Chart.

How to make it better?

Make enemies that challenge AFK farmers. Increase the amount of SE dropped by accolytes or lower price in Teshin's shop. 

Overall it's a better system but needs some improvements!

• Like 2

Anyone claiming there's now no RNG to worry about with SE and the new guaranteed 3x SE per mission is good are flat-out wrong. In 1.5 hours on Odin you could farm far more than you could in one week of this new system, and then do it again right away if you wanted. Not 5 hours. One and a half hours for more than the amount you now get for logging in every day and doing Steel Path. DE saw that players made dedicated teams around supporting Khoras to maximize farm in a grindfest farming game and punished us for minimizing the time wasted on their grind. Removing RNG, which isn't true as the edgelords appear randomly, or claiming it required players to do 5 hour runs is just lies and excuses to nerf our method of minimizing time wasted on their grind. You can't even earn one Umbra Forma BP per week of these SE dailies. It's such a plainly bad faith move. Give us back the Eximus drops.

• Like 3

Assassins don't spawn in boss missions, which means no acolytes.

Additionally, syndicate hit squads, stalker, kuva larva, and presumably zanuka + G3 + glass-holes + uranus sentients also take over the assassin slot for the mission. 

And finishing an exterminate missions in 1 minute only to stare at the screen for 4 minutes waiting for the Acolye to spawn (or not spawn!) isn't exactly enjoyable.

Why was the Umbral forma released with <3 day timer when the game mode is still buggy?

Edited by blackgu4rd
  • Like 3

Thank you for the update. The weapon is very interesting and gave a reason to once again plunge into the world of Deimos. But the farm of steel essences has become extremely difficult for me. Novices don't come, which makes some of Teshin's goods unattainable. It turns out that I have to stand on long missions even longer to accumulate the necessary amount. Why do we suffer if someone uses macros? Maybe if you punish cheats more harshly, only violators will suffer? At the moment, they are unlikely to feel the complexity, but we felt it in full.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Floppion said:

CONS: promotes AFK macro farming (odin didn't) , lower amount of SE gained for people that min/maxed previous system.

What even is AFK macro farming? People keep using that term and I don't think I know what it means precisely.