Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Steel Path Changes Megathread

SilverBones

Using programs to basically play the game for you, this is hard to detect for the devs since it only does keyboard inputs that you tell it to do. This is easier for the likes of ability frames like khora/baruuk since you can hold choke points easily without having to aim.

You have to keep killing or the acolyte doesnt spawn. Syndicate spawns do NOT replace Acolyte spawn, I had both in the same mission.

What people seem to forget is that in the old system you had to farm for more than an hour to get a good result. A lot of players (like me) don't want to do the same mission for that long. I did it a few times when SP was new, but I have no interest for that now.

This new system makes SP a lot more accessible to all players. And you can still do long runs if you like.

27 minutes ago, blackgu4rd said:

Assassins don't spawn in boss missions, which means no acolytes.

Additionally, syndicate hit squads, stalker, kuva larva, and presumably zanuka + G3 + glass-holes + uranus sentients also take over the assassin slot for the mission. 

And finishing an exterminate missions in 1 minute only to stare at the screen for 4 minutes waiting for the Acolye to spawn (or not spawn!) isn't exactly enjoyable.

Why was the Umbral forma released with <3 day timer when the game mode is still buggy?

I was wondering why I didn't get an acolyte when clearing War on Mars. 

But, I have absolutely gotten Kuva Larvas and Acolytes in the same mission. I think it was the third time, too, when I finally killed the Larva because it finally had a weapon I'd want. Also, have gotten Acolytes on hit squads (at least, the Arbiters' corrupted dudes). 

But yeah, if it's a mission type you get done with really fast, you're gonna be durdling around for a bit. It's why I was favoring the Sabotage mission on Mars (Ares, I believe). If I just took it at a leisurely pace, killing everything I saw, the acolyte would spawn usually right around the same time I was breaking the reactor thing.

Are acolyte spawns purely time based? Or is it a bit like Larvas, and you have to kill enough to trigger them? I ask because there was something in the patch notes that suggested the latter.

18 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

What even is AFK macro farming? People keep using that term and I don't think I know what it means precisely.

Using programs to basically play the game for you, this is hard to detect for the devs since it only does keyboard inputs that you tell it to do. This is easier for the likes of ability frames like khora/baruuk since you can hold choke points easily without having to aim. (khora nerf didn't resolve this issue)

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Aazhyd:

Now you can hop into any mission and stay as long as you like.

Never know you couldn't do that befor, guess all that farming i did was pure imagination. An since it seems that simple math is to difficult for some player here, now you need more time to farm the same amount of SE in comparision to befor.

vor 53 Minuten schrieb __Zero__Two__:

You can't even earn one Umbra Forma BP per week of these SE dailies. It's such a plainly bad faith move.

I just read about this direction of development today. This "daylies" are also to make player addicted to the game. So they are forced to login everyday to get their minimum amount of res instead of just farming once.

1 hour ago, Aazhyd said:

60 an hour? You'd had to play at least 45 mins for the mass SE drops to start. Now you can hop into any mission and stay as long as you like.

First : If i want FARM SE the first thing i do is find the best way to obtain it, same as every body (you too right ?) .

So what im gonna do here ? :

+Find squad that committed to farm Xhrs/Xround . 

+booster pack.

On Odin, i got 100 SE+ on first 10 round, that mean about 30' if i remmember correct. 200-350 when end round 20. 

Second : If i want lower round/time, no problem at all. I never see any complaints from teammate that random form from recurring channel. All ppl is nice and helpful. 

Every one happy with the reward.

The way you talk is your vision, your personal-liking . Not the ppl WANT FARM SE.

The new way se farm is just encourage the boring/lazy way playing. 

Pss : Not try attack your person view, because i do 2hrs/week se farm. That thing is boring too, but it worth.

Now you need do it every day for daily. And if you want extra, u need do longer run mission to get "abit more". That not fun at all, im telling you. Its like mobile phone when u need login everyday do stuff, of its your lost (resource, reward, slow team building, weak hero v.v.v.v).

First i was proud when play this game, because i can take my time off without any lost, whole week offline not gonna kill my progress v.v.v Now, the time-gate is back babe !

Playing more I found this format of getting Steel Essence even more stupid, practically a whole round to get only 2 is horrible, in the past you had to rely on RNG + kavat to get something decent, but remove it just to add the acolytes (after having facilitated all their mods) and use them as a difficulty to get SE is stupid, except that now they want to facilitate the way to get Umbral Forma... I spent 30 minutes in Odin to get only 10 SE and 1 Riven Sliver... That leave it the old way, decrease the amount of eximus, or leave -0.25% of what it was before to drop...

5 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Bold of you to claim 90% of the people posting about a topic put their posts in the right place. Hell, half don't even put their extraneous threads in the right forum, much less posting into a megathread that covers it.

You have access to Essence drops at a fairly consistent rate without it being A) 40+ minute delay until eximi spawn rate improves B) murdering the most unit throughput per second C) Prolonging (B) for as long as possible so that the proportional time of (A) is less of your total time spent.

It's no longer a game of 2 essence versus 100+ based solely on whether you could exploit/endure for 2-3 hours at a time. It's a consistent middle.

Did the dailies, worst case was 7.5 minutes to spawn the Acolyte in the excavation. Others rolled in at 4.5 to 5 minutes. Two essence (unboosted) per five minutes equates to 48 per two hours. Even if you halve that for bad luck and Acolytes being absolute turds and delaying their kill time, that's still 12 essences per hour pre-boost.

Umbra at 150 means you're being asked for 12.5 hours of input over the course of a week, minus 0.25 per daily. If you hit each daily, you get 8.75 hours knocked off the extra acolyte input (also getting spawns in the dailies) for a total ask of.. just under 4 hours a week? So.. if you had time to be doing endurance runs anyway, it's really a non-issue.

12hrs of farming instead 30'-45'.

I dont have time for endur run, so its my lost now right ? 

Not login daily to do all the timegate thing, is my lost too. Then look like the new update make less accessable to more ppl than helping ? Because i know not all ppl is hardcore-grind.

il y a une heure, Aazhyd a dit :

What people seem to forget is that in the old system you had to farm for more than an hour to get a good result. A lot of players (like me) don't want to do the same mission for that long. I did it a few times when SP was new, but I have no interest for that now.

This new system makes SP a lot more accessible to all players. And you can still do long runs if you like.

A lot of player (like me) would rather stay a long time in a mission than do really short bursts cut by loading times. 

Yes, you had to stay a bit longer than usual for GOOD RESULTS, not "getting SE at all". Your efforts were rewarded, but now DE just called everyone who farmed hard cheaters and removed that possibility.

And (keeping in mind that i consider SP "a bit too hard" for my tastes) i really don't think the game mode or steel essence should be accessible, it's supposed to be a challenge.

4 hours ago, blackgu4rd said:

Assassins don't spawn in boss missions, which means no acolytes.

Additionally, syndicate hit squads, stalker, kuva larva, and presumably zanuka + G3 + glass-holes + uranus sentients also take over the assassin slot for the mission. 

And finishing an exterminate missions in 1 minute only to stare at the screen for 4 minutes waiting for the Acolye to spawn (or not spawn!) isn't exactly enjoyable.

Why was the Umbral forma released with <3 day timer when the game mode is still buggy?

I can say for certain the glass guys and Acolytes can spawn in the same mission.

The waiting game is absolute torture though. I thought we rectified this with Nightwave?

5 hours ago, Da_Grizzly said:

I just read about this direction of development today. This "daylies" are also to make player addicted to the game. So they are forced to login everyday to get their minimum amount of res instead of just farming once.

Like I said it's all a bad faith move. Punishing those who played their game too well and minimized the grind DE made, and make players play every daily, every day, for 10 days, to afford an Umbra Forma.

The steel path alerts are great, and the acolyte mini-bosses are pretty fun too! Not having an incentive to play steel path was my biggest issue with it before this update, but now I am excited to slowly make my way through the star-chart via the alert system. The matchmaking was fantastic; much improved from before.

I know that you have a lot of things happening, but the matchmaking fixes for steel path should be applied to the thermia fractures mini-event. The storyline and instructions are already in the game, all that would need to happen to make the matchmaking 100x better would be to either add a bounty with Eudico (like the ghoul missions have on the plains) or just a thermia fractures button on the alerts tab that opens a new squad on the Vallis that can be filled with other Tenno clicking the same button. Neither of those things sound very complicated to me since they are already implemented elsewhere in the game, and both of them would make that event way more enjoyable.

I just got an insane amount of SE, because they raised the reward for completing a planet from 2 to 25. I'm not complaining, but aren't they overdoing it a bit here?

I can only imagine this means inflation for the weekly items. They will be pricey, because everyone now has tons of SE and has an easy way to get more.

I will start with bugs and problems than go to likes dislikes and wish list.

You are getting this from a player that started playing warframe right after beta I care only about hard content, in game balance(right now there is non), unique rewards for achieving hard core milestones(right now there are non) and progression like(but not limited to) expansion to operator passives and ability to modify warframe/weapon stats beyond just mods(so dog yeeers since we got something like that).

Bug number 1

About 90 min in to the MOT mission acolyte Malice spawned, he spawned several times already however this time he was in the constant “GET OVER HERE” mode constantly puling and teleporting both warframe and operator with random freeze that was lasting several seconds right after teleporting, but I think it was affecting operator more and he was able to do it even when operator was in void mode or out of field of view.

Bug number 2

Pets where taking allot more damage five or ten times as much as before. I was able to take my kubrow in to MOT level 5k granted outside of 2 mods every thing is modded for survivability but this felt like I was in much much higher levels sometimes it died instantly after taking aggro with no way for me to react.

On Top of that my pet was acting much more stupid than ever before just running away very far and just standing in the front of fresh enemy wave and attacking and getting one shotted even by level 150.

It is possible that this is the result of improvements made to enemy AI and I’m all for it but we need a massive buff to link mods and ability to control how our pets react to enemies and enemy fire.

Bug number 3-4-5

Status effects not applying with 100% status weapons(no infested ancients in sight)

Status effects expiring after 1-2 seconds after application even with weapons modded for status duration.

Status tables just do not work on majority of weapons with damage types spread 10/1 or even 100/1 and often damage type with very low priority is able to apply more status procks than primary damage type.

Problems

Level 200 corrupted heavy gunner in steel path has 27k armour so after applying 10 corrosive stacks and fire this enemy will still have 2700 armour that’s 90% of damage reduction and level 200 is very low level enemy level 1250 has 106k armour.

This is the reason why nothing but combination of slash and viral is working at the moment.

Nothing not the primary weapon damage or any other status effects like toxin, fire, electricity, gas is able to do any damage even in not very high levels.

The only effects that is able to do damage is slash status bleed because it can bypass damage mitigation.

This is the reason why modding is very much dead and we just copy paste the same build to all viable weapons.

Solution

First we need old corrosive we need the ability to remove 100% of armour and enemy needs armour buff

to increase time to kill.

Second changes to gas damage need to be reversed even before “old blood update” gas was only able to compete with slash up to level 2k and it required support weapons to be modded for fastest possible armour strip like [zenistar] or [pox], but after that slash was by far the strongest and requiring lowest effort status effect.

That was at the time when [zarr] was the gold standard for applying slash with [hunter munitions] now we have weapons with much higher crit stats, damage and zero risk.

Third removing electric negative 50% effectiveness vs alloy armour

Forth corpus and infested need armour much smaller but it needs to be done this enemies are way to easy to kill and it will protect them from toxin effect when old gas makes the return.

What I like

Boss system is very good it removes the RNG aspect and that is always very good and it increases the skill required and changes how we play as we need to prepare every time we know they are coming especially solo.

And I love that status can affect Acolytes it makes a massive quality improvement, there is nothing worst than non interactive bullet sponge(sentients?) now all we need is the status system fix.

Unique or and powerful rewards umbra forma is very good now all we need is weapons.

What I do not like

Life support Drop rate in void MOT killing 5k enemies per hour and I'm unable to sustain life support we want to fight difficult enemies not difficult timers.

Game imbalance prevents and decent player from ever enjoying/playing this game mode in open play.

Too many broken things can instantly suck the fun out of playtime from Khora to invisibility to now multiple immortal frames and instant removal of armour and shields or nukes able to kill any enemy regardless of level.

All this abilities need to be replaced with utility, buffs, de-buffs, crowd control, or provide interactions with pets and weapons, movement.

And Zenistar.

You can’t use regular melee without cheating or using exploits I listed above. And let’s face it it’s stupid the only faction that should allow it is infested but enemy AI and melee mechanics are not good enough for that in Warframe not without making it brain dead.

Melee should only be usable vs boss enemies and only in specific scenarios when staggered or downed or vs alone separated enemy or few not the entire army.

Zenistar needs to be buffed to usable state and we need much more weapons like this with gimmicks and utility Sibear is good place to start the most expensive weapon in the game and among the most useless.

Wish list

First status fix described already above nothing you do will mater if we have one build and modding is dead(end game problem noobs can put vitality on weapons and be ok).

Shield gating invulnerability reduced in steel path to 0.2 – 0.3 sec, too many frames can become immortal.

New weapon blueprint’s for unlocking steel path star-chart.

Dedicated augment slot for warframes unlocked with some kind of exilus/catalyst purchasable for steel essence.

Prime link HP and armour for you pets(link armour needs buff first) purchasable for steel essence.

Something that let’s us burn one riven to extract negative and than implant this negative to another riven purchasable for steel essence.

Another resource allowing us maximize roll of the riven stat so applicable 2-3 times or increase or reduce magnitude of the negative purchasable for steel essence.

Permanent unlock to “Celestia Syandana” flames it can include killing all acolytes of certain(very high) level and steel essence price on top of that.

Progression wish list

Firs till game is balanced all of the suggestions if implemented should be limited to selected few frames because if any MR 3 skill level khora/ash/octavia main can do it, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Resources farmed in steel path could be used to increase or change warframe stats or add unique passive something you could only obtain by killing very high level acolyte.

Unlocks to new nodes in focus tree(unairu needs love and buffs) or/and new focus school based on sentient energy unlocked/leveled by killing progressively stronger Acolytes

Unlocking passives that are endless mission specific so it will not break the balance like for every 25 enemy kills/assists you frame becomes stronger/evolves and gains 1 HP and 1 Armour this should be increased by equipped mods giving players an option to put tank mods on glass cannon frames, and increase survivability of pets opening new builds and ways of playing the game.

Weapon upgrades small bonuses to base stats or adding small amount of elemental damage 1% (yes one) for base elements and 20% for mixed like radiation, changing the visuals of the weapon(would be nice). Dropped by very high level acolytes.

Wish list for not too distant future

More and harder content with meaningful rewards removal/reworking of all cheese

Diamond Path +200 level 500% HP and armour + more progression unique weapons and more riven manipulation

Adamantum Path +300 level 1000% HP and armour +competitive mode with persistent ladder(fix the game before that)

Path Of Nightmares ?!?!?!?

I do not know when DE started developing warframe how many years before first beta, but I think 10 years of the development time was spent on making content for noobs and smooth brains.

Warframe already has enough easy content to last any new player for years if they do not wish to move to harder content.

From now one design philosophy should look like that if community complains that something is too hard you increase the difficulty more if they stop saying any thing you increase the difficulty even more and you stop only when you hear them squealing than you fix all the bugs and move to new even harder content.

I want to be gated only by my skill and game knowledge not time gates and time sinks.

I think the FIRST acolyte of the mission should spawn at 2-3minute mark rather than 4-6 or whatever it is right now. Because otherwise you get absolutely nothing for doing the non-endless missions aside from the first 25 you get for clearing the whole planet, unless you stay and wait around for it which can sometimes be as long as 5 minutes after youve already cleared the mission, and in some cases it didnt spawn at all for us for w/e reason (dispite killing things). And this whole waiting game is already happening with fissures and everyone hates that (meaning theres not enough reactant if you dont wait and slow down gameplay).

Even if people started running captures for Steel Essence because of the first 2-3minute spawn, they would get roughly the same amount of essence compared to long survival runs.

Another option would be rewarding 1 guaranteed steel essence for every map so even if no acolytes spawn its not a total waste.

5 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

they raised the reward for completing a planet from 2 to 25. I'm not complaining, but aren't they overdoing it a bit here?

Not at all, they're most likely trying to unscrew the SE economy by raising the pitiful floor of normal gameplay closer to the idiotic massive SE stockpiles that optimized endurance farmers are still sitting on. The time gating on umbra BP availability is still bullflop, but at least I was able to buy it with the email loot.

21 hours ago, Floppion said:

Using programs to basically play the game for you, this is hard to detect for the devs since it only does keyboard inputs that you tell it to do. This is easier for the likes of ability frames like khora/baruuk since you can hold choke points easily without having to aim. (khora nerf didn't resolve this issue)

Wow people do that? That's really annoying. I see why they would want to, but it screws up the economy for literally everyone else. They're basically the equivalent of Spanish Conquistadors bringing boatloads of gold home lol

If people can make them that complicated, is there any way to detect/stop them?

Archived