Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Steel Path Changes Megathread

SilverBones

steel path is ok and all but honestly umbral forma and kuva arent enough to keep me coming back for more since ive already got all the cosmetics

so i was wondering if we could just get more reasons to go there rather than the normal starchart

SP gameplay suggestions:
-have nodes with fissures active allow eximus units to have a 50% chance to drop void traces (since i dont think completely allowing us to crack our relics there is worth it unless there is some bonus reason to do it)
-have kuva floods/siphons be available in SP so i can fight lvl 200+ enemies right away also would like the kuva drops to be doubled
-can we have all assassination targets be guaranteed to drop SE plz they are harder to kill then acolytes in many cases after all (except sergeant until he gets a deserved rework)

fk ton of SP store suggestions:
-id likes me a Steel Essence orbiter decoration already, id play a fk ton of SP for those ...plz
-can we get the updated male operator armour set already (id also like to try on some chonky pants on mah female operators tbh)
-dax themed operator accessories
-dax themed weapon deluxe skins plz id like one for each weapon type and i dont mind if they are expensive af bcs as much as people hate grind it also gives us reason to play the more fun game modes (even if also the ones some people dont want to play) really want some more customisation options for a lot of weapon types like dual daggers, rifles, arm cannons, launchers, kuva nukors (bcs them looks ugly af geometry wise imo), two handed nikanas, warfans, etc...
-some dax themed syandanas
-dax themed amp skins
-dax themed archwing/archweapon deluxe skins
-dax themed necramech skins
-dax themed barukk deluxe 
-dax themed konzu 
-more dax themed cosmetic stuff in general (dont have enough in this game tbh) 
(ik its mostly cosmetic stuff but honestly the meme about fashion frame being endgame is pretty hard to get over and the art team cant ever be too busy ...right? 🙃)

So after even more playing through the Alerts, sometimes the acolyte doesnt spawn even on the endless missions like survival, even after waiting for 10mins.

Are they supposed to spawn around 5min every time or is there a chance theres no acolyte sometimes? Note that everyone in the team were killing A LOT of things and moving at all times, still no acolyte spawning.

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

So after even more playing through the Alerts, sometimes the acolyte doesnt spawn even on the endless missions like survival, even after waiting for 10mins.

Are they supposed to spawn around 5min every time or is there a chance theres no acolyte sometimes? Note that everyone in the team were killing A LOT of things and moving at all times, still no acolyte spawning.

I've only had a failure to spawn twice, other than the Archwing/Assassinate node disinclusion.

Once, in an Excavation Incursion, I got the flickers and nothing followed it (transmissions or spawning). At roughly the same time, the second excavator popped its yield and triggered mission completion/extraction availability. It's possible that this somehow caused the script to error based on some arcane spaghetti code by pure chance of timing.

The other time, I was in a squad, doing an Exterminate. We cleared the mission too fast, and were idling around near extraction. Acolyte spawns are AFK-aware, in that they appear to 'mark' a player, and trigger on that player's next enemy kill. I also believe it is player specific - in the Exterminate mission, the only enemies killed after we'd waited out the timer were a couple random Glassed spawns I finished off alone, and since no Acolyte rolled in, I think I was not the 'marked' target in the squad who needed to on-kill trigger.

Spawns can be as late as 11 or so minutes. I've witnessed at least 4:00-11:00 as previously mentioned, making the 'average' spawn timer 7m30s. Last cycle of incursions I also got two total Acolyte spawns in the Interception by letting it run to ~16 minutes mission time before triggering the end of second round, which puts it right around that expectation.

5 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

other time, I was in a squad, doing an Exterminate. We cleared the mission too fast, and were idling around near extraction. Acolyte spawns are AFK-aware, in that they appear to 'mark' a player, and trigger on that player's next enemy kill. I also believe it is player specific - in the Exterminate mission, the only enemies killed after we'd waited out the timer were a couple random Glassed spawns I finished off alone, and since no Acolyte rolled in, I think I was not the 'marked' target in the squad who needed to on-kill trigger.

Spawns can be as late as 11 or so minutes. I've witnessed at least 4:00-11:00 as previously mentioned, making the 'average' spawn timer 7m30s. Last cycle of incursions I also got two total Acolyte spawns in the Interception by letting it run to ~16 minutes mission time before triggering the end of second round, which puts it right around that expectation

I'm aware that the system is trying to combat afk farming, once again punishing ALL players for something a handful of players do. However, I didn't think they would "mark" a player but I think you may be correct and it would explain it, if one person isn't killing and moving enough acolyte won't come. Which is exactly whats wrong with fissures too, corruption only follows one player making it a problem if someone keeps moving away from the squad. 

If the range of spawning is between 4 and 11minutes they should definitely spawn the first one between 2 and 4 minutes... tired of waiting after every non-endless mission just to find out he won't spawn.

Re: Acolyte Spawning

After doing this some more, and without the crazy rush of trying to get 150 essence in 3 days to buy the Umbra Blueprint, I've found I don't kill acolytes very often anymore. I just do the dailies, and don't worry about staying long enough to spawn the acolytes.

I think a change that would be nice would change the spawn trigger on acolytes to: 

• For non-endless missions, Acolytes spawn when the objective is completed.
  • For endless missions, Acolytes spawn at the halfway-point towards the first "completion". Ie, sometime in wave 3 for defense, at the 3 minute mark in survival, upon gathering 100 cryotic in excavation, upon resolving the 2nd conduit in disruption, and upon achieving 50% in interception.
    • EDIT: And at the same point in subsequent "completions". I wasn't clear there, but since the idea is Acolytes keep spawning in endless missions, set it up to be consistent, which is nice because it'll also reward players for optimizing their efficiency at the mission type.

Yeah, the "mystery" is lost, but for something that is a resource farm (as opposed to drop rate for completed thing farm), I think players prefer reliability over that veil of mystique.

Here's my feedback regarding Steel Path:

GAMEPLAY

What you did right:

• I find the difficulty refreshing. Yes, it's not amazingly hard but it's an improvement. It forces me to rethink how I mod my frames and weapons
  • I personally think the alerts were a very positive change as I was getting tired of doing Steel Path missions solo. Its a lot more reliable way to get essence without grinding in a focused farming squad, which I found boring and wasteful of a good opportunity.

What are my critiques:

• It's still somewhat easy if you use the right frame with the right weapons. Simply upping level and armor for enemies doesn't make them more difficult to kill for many setups.
  • Further layers of difficulty could be implemented in each mission type as long as the rewards were there. Less health for defense objectives, less time for survival missions, etc
  • I would love to see a lot of frames get buffed so they are relevent in Steel Path. Many frames don't scale well with enemy levels, while other do to a surprising degree. Saryn vs Oberon for example.
  • I would like to see the Kuva Lich system be compatible with Steel Path. If you have steel path activated, the whole system gets buffed up to the steel path difficulty with better rewards.
    • Higher chance for ephemeras
    • more kuva drops
    • way more difficult liches

REWARDS

What you did right:

• Thank you for upping the essence reward for completing all nodes on a planet. 25 essence is satisfactory for doing that IMO, although I wish it were a bit more like 30 or 35.
  • As mentioned above, alerts are a better way to reliably earn essence.
  • Increased resource and mod drops are definitely worth the trouble in most cases.

What are my critiques:

• Lets carry over the increased rewards into other categories as well to further motivate us to play steel path missions over the regular node.
    • Increased void traces for cracking relics
    • increased kuva drops for all kuva nodes
    • increased drops for steel path eidolons and other bosses. more arcanes, more sentient shards
    • increased warframe blueprint drops for associated bosses (Equinox for Tyl Regor for example) - this is especially needed I think because many of us find ourselves having to grind the non-prime frames again for helmith. Very frustrating!
    • increased credits on index
    • all rewards for all mission types and nodes should be looked at. I have literally thousands of relics and I don't need any more.
  • Acolytes should drop something other than steel essence. Could be the old acolyte mods, could be cosmetics, could be resources
  • Acolytes need to spawn BEFORE the objective is completed or exactly when the objective is completed in a NON-endless mission. I'm tired of waiting for acolytes to spawn. You could think of it simply as the acolyte attempting to prevent you from completing the objective.
  • Stalker should be considered an acolyte. He should drop essence - maybe even 3 essence. Increased chance to drop his Smoking Body ephemera as well. In fact, perhaps all acolytes have a chance to drop this now.
  • ALL bosses should drop at least 1 steel essence

STORE

What you did right:

• Thanks for the umbra forma. Even though it's expensive and is only available every 8 weeks, having a way to get these outside of Nightwave is a blessing.
  • The crania emphermera is one of my favorites. You did an excellant job there.

What are my critiques:

• This is the weakest part of the Steel Path experience as a whole, and in general your "end game" stores are pretty lackluster.
  • Lack of variety. Currently, after the ephemera and the umbra forma, there isn't much worth getting in this store. I am especially not happy with the other rotating rewards. Here are a few suggestions on things I would consider buying:
    • 50 essence: Primed Point Strike, Primed Vital Sense, Primed Blunderbuss, Primed Split Chamber, Primed Hell's Chamber, Primed Hornet Strike, Primed Barrel Diffusion. Here in this thread I explain why these mods are a timely and worthwhile reward for steel path: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1238554-new-primed-mods-for-secondaries-primaries-and-shotguns-its-time-to-buff-non-melee/
    • Other dax skins for weapons, wf armor, companions, etc
    • An unlimited use "segment item" that lets us convert unneeded relics into void traces: 100 essence
    • 3day boosters - affinity, drop chance, resource boooster, etc... 25 essence
    • Orokin Catalyst, Orokin Reactor - 25 essence
    • 500x void traces - 25 essence
    • All warframe arcanes. Perhaps on rotation. The fact that we now need 20x arcanes to max out a single arcane is pretty bonkers. I understand why you did it, but I think we need another avenue of getting these besides Eidolons and Scarlet Spear.
      • common 5 essence
      • uncommon 10 essence
      • rare 15 essence
      • legendary 20 essence
  • Things are overpriced. Here's how I would change the pricing:
    • Umbra Forma: 125
    • 50k Kuva: 50
    • 30k endo: 50
    • Rivens: all 25
    • 3x Forma: 30
    • Relic Pack: remove, nobody needs this

Finally, and I know some people will recoil at this, but lets provide the option to purchase steel essence with plat. That way, DE still gets to make some money from those that have cash to burn. It's not hurting anyone. And those that love to play marketframe can also have an outlet for all their riches.

I honestly think that doing something like this would help DE out as a company looking to pay its employees, but also give the rest of us reason to grind. Improve the rewards, but make it so you can circumvent the grind if you have the cash to burn.

this is straight steel path nerf, at first we "players" found a reason to play this gamemode, because of easy obtaining of kuva, but now i would say that i don't enjoy it anymore, this game community is built on the people who is ready to stand in one place for the whole mission te get what you wanted, but you created something new, something that this community can't enjoy because of past easy ways to obtain it. I am waiting till the DE are going to give us back our reasons to play this gamemode.

On 2020-11-29 at 5:44 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:

The other time, I was in a squad, doing an Exterminate. We cleared the mission too fast, and were idling around near extraction. Acolyte spawns are AFK-aware, in that they appear to 'mark' a player, and trigger on that player's next enemy kill. I also believe it is player specific - in the Exterminate mission, the only enemies killed after we'd waited out the timer were a couple random Glassed spawns I finished off alone, and since no Acolyte rolled in, I think I was not the 'marked' target in the squad who needed to on-kill trigger.

Ok, that would explain why i almost never see him to spawn in quick missions (exter, spy, sabotage, capture, ...). If I'm not the marked player, the game condemn the others as AFK.

@TenTonneSkeleton

Great idea for store. I would add aura forma in line with umbra forma. And i would add Primed Rubedo-Lined Barrel in prime mod list.

Le 10/12/2020 à 16:21, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 a dit :

Could Steel Path give conclave standing. I figure it would be a way for content to be accessed without any tedious grinding. 

It's astounding that there are mods/cosmetics in there that are only found in a few other places and have the same number of ways to access it.

if they did, i'm sure the one guy who complained hard enough to get Universal Medallions not usable for conclave would send a whole hit squad against you.

• 1 month later...

Make the archwing missions in kuva fortress and the underwater missions spawn acolytes if you are not in archwing at the time the acolyte spawns.

Remove stalker from resetting the acolyte spawn timer since this is annoying to deal with and have no control over unlike the regular acolyte spawns.

Why not make it like the idea of idle game, at first nothing is that easy ,the more you spend the easy and better it become and after long time many easy things end being given away. Its frustrating that it free things that should be hard with a non sense game idle play NOT FOR EVERYONE, then change to panful super idle or some other thing as daily force task to get it.

Too many thought of frustration about what this game 
I feel with all my time playing WF you want me to exploit ,use any mean to get so much of something before you remove it and resource boosters are a must.

Spoiler

I never played khora neither go that deep on meta, yet i need to for get Kuva to roll non meta weapons to be decent or test so much until half of my times is testing than playing
then few hours and players can farm so much of a resource and its allowed for so long , worse it promoted with NRG drop and resources boost(still does in general), if you dont have a res boost you wont earn enough and there's no idle (non cheating with programs) that gives you enough(lets be honest drones are a joke)

However if you just exploit your life is easier MR that's to show off ,meta and only 10 items at most & force mod builds game becomes emotionless since you 1shot and dont die from enemies that normally 1 shot you since you dont die for that you need so much time invested (or trade your way in or already aimed meta from start)
and ends being silly how easy its(melee with pistol status thousand or million dmg) yet as easy its you dont get rewarded unless you (again) exploit whatever you can

Came back to play,couldnt play it and even i could i dont go exploit(i'll force myself to do so in the future since ,its easier i change than the game does)
Didnt know eximus doesnt drop it anymore so i'll have to do borring whatever alert(solo since less people play) to get 3 ,when i "lost" my change to do 4painfull hours of annoying idle game time for "enough" steel essence to get few trades with teshin or any other since prices are high and drops and bad

Tried kuva survival, 30min 1 dude that drops 2, and some kuva,never enough to get good stats in one riven.Do humans stop understanding the meaning of time? everything now is a must 1h to start getting something, it's a game not a job even jobs you do so much in 1hour every day. 

Why dont these "EPIC" resources were never limited? x per day ,whatever your way of farming you get x  a limit per day or not affected by boosters
why macros are allowed and end up being great if you do it ,sucks if not and screw normal players with nerfs yet still good macro
, its sad that players need spend so many hours to get something from 2h before relics to 4h is the norm

Reward newplayers but no,reward old players but no it doesnt feel rewarded when you do a mission as it used to,you need do so much to get so little or just plat your life and its less painfull

Archived