Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Glaive Changes Megathread

SilverBones

Hi,

After some testing and some pretty extensive playing around with the Glaives (my favorite weapon class based on stance animations alone), I've noticed that sometimes whenever I try to do my regular combos, my Glaive keeps throwing itself at my enemies, inconsistently I might add. If I hold the melee button (left mouse click for me) for more than a 10th of a second, it launches it self (the throw sound even plays itself repeatedly). All that in melee mode.

Also, for the Orvius it says on the wiki, and confirmed it during testing that; "Holding the melee button briefly will make the weapon fly above the first enemy in its path and suspend them in midair for 3 seconds." Mid-combo this is very inconsistent and breaks the flow, for the same reason stated above.

Additionally, I might be wrong, but most of the glaive's explosions are missing sometimes (except the Xoris, 'cause  of it's large explosion range maybe). I want it to explode where I aim, but it does somewhere else, or I;m just to used to it yet, and need practice.

Maybe have them be thrown only if we hold the button for it's full duration instead (and change how Orvius's special ability is executed).

Anyways, I hope the first issue gets fixed, 'cause they are my fave weapon class and now they feel, unreliable.

Thanks again DE

After some testing I did, I found a problem: air slide attack can only do once, other melees can do air slide attack multiple times in a row. Before the update glaive can do air slide attack multiple times.

I can't tell whether it is bug or intended as I don't find the information about air combo mentioned in updates.

On 2020-12-08 at 6:40 AM, Dunkelheit said:

I had the same problem, then I re-read the text about the glaives: If you use gun + thrown mode (read: If you have both equipped), you need to use your middle mouse button for the explosions.

[herk]

I mean it works, so TY, but it would be very nice to have the rebind work. Currently have heavy attacks set to C (because I mentally have left hand for movement + melee), and having to use middle mouse for just dual wielding is, in a nutshell, 'bleh'.

On 2020-11-18 at 1:23 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Welcome Tenno!

With the release of Deimos: Arcana, we have included Glaive Changes! Now there are a lot of changes to cover here, so bear with us:

• Heavy Attack (aka Glaive detonation) will now do more damage, more consistently! 
  • “Hold throw” mechanics now apply in Equipped Melee mode!
  • In “Glaive + Gun” mode, players must use the melee key to detonate the Glaive while in flight.
    • With only the Glaive in hand, the alt fire button is no longer reserved for your secondary weapon, which allows for added flexibility - press alt fire for a Heavy Attack detonation, or tap melee for a simple recall
  • Glaive throws can now be performed while sliding!
  • Throw melee inputs can be “queued up”, one after the other!
  • Glaives can now be thrown multiple times in a single jump!
  • Melee stance combos are now available in Glaive + Gun mode!
  • Glaive + Gun mode now utilizes melee auto blocking when not aiming or firing!

NEW GLAIVE MODS:

Volatile Rebound: 100% Chance to explode on Bounce (Disables Punch Through).

Volatile Quick Return: -4 Bounce. +100% Blast Radius. 100% chance to explode on Bounce (disables Punch Through). 

GLAIVE STAT REBALANCING:

Cerata

• Added guaranteed Toxin proc on Heavy Attack Detonation.
  • Increased Critical Damage from 2.2 to 2.3x of throw.
  • Reduced AoE fall off from 50% to 30%.

Falcor

• Added guaranteed Electricity proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.
  • Reduced AoE fall off from 50% to 40%.

Glaive

• Added guaranteed Impact proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.

Glaive Prime

Halikar

Kestrel

• Reduced Max self CC from Knocked Down to Stagger.

Orvius

• Added guaranteed Cold proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.
  • Quick Throws now perform the Hover Attack.

Pathocyst

• Added guaranteed Viral proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.
  • Reduced Max self CC from Knocked Down to Stagger.

Xoris

• Added guaranteed Electricity proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of these (many) Glaive Changes, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil.

• If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like.
  • If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Deimos: Arcana Bug-Hunting Megathread!

Thank you!

How my helios is to loose 2 and 3 attack? Only 1 attack in helios  please.._

On 2020-12-10 at 3:04 AM, Kaggelos said:

Hi,

After some testing and some pretty extensive playing around with the Glaives (my favorite weapon class based on stance animations alone), I've noticed that sometimes whenever I try to do my regular combos, my Glaive keeps throwing itself at my enemies, inconsistently I might add. If I hold the melee button (left mouse click for me) for more than a 10th of a second, it launches it self (the throw sound even plays itself repeatedly). All that in melee mode.

^ this

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with whats already been said. Allow us to change the key to throw and detonate. I want to use a glaive but I cant as when im surrounded and attacking close and quick my weapon randomly starts quick throwing over and over. Only way to make it stop is to stop and wait. Which as pointed out can mean death. Throwing needs to be more controlled and only when I want it. Not randomly. 

On 2020-11-26 at 7:58 PM, Winthos said:

I could see something like this being much better. If the Heavy Attack input could throw AND detonate the glaive no matter what mode you were in, that should allow for parity across all glaive modes.

You could be using a primary weapon, hit heavy attack and that would switch to your glaive as if you were doing quick melee, but instead you would throw it. If you were in Dual Wield mode, this can also work and also free up the secondary fire input for actually using the secondary fire of your weapon if it happens to have one. In full melee mode, this would also be consistent.

This would also get rid of the awkward "hold to throw" timings that can be messed up with attack speed. The old issue of hold inputs being hard to get out consistently due to having high attack speed is back with the current control scheme.

Yes please! This would also fix the glaives throwing during normal combos. 

• 1 month later...

I noticed another thing toying around:

Explosions can be headshots. This makes this weapon type extremely strong on heavy attacks paired with the status proccs, if modded for that. My Xoris can hit 2.xxx.xxx damage consistently on head shotting explosions (I mod for corrosive, helminth‘d ‚smite infusion‘ and have an electric damage + initial combo riven). On non-headshots it‘s still great, but the headshot-numbers feel outside of the game content.

Volatile Rebound looked lackluster, but I really like it, now that I made a build for it. Forma‘d a Falcor and it performed well enough on Kuva floods. Will try it out more on SP n stuff and am thinking about Orvius. But, I haven‘t done much if my Dojo‘s weapons neither any Kuva weapons, so I guess Orvius will have to wait, like Cerata...

Archived