Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

We got improvements to Fieldron and Detonite Injectors ages ago. Why didn't we get Mutagen Mass improvements too?

Okay so it's been a few years and while I don't really need anything for any of these anymore because I an thoroughly stocked.. plenty of other people still need those. Why are we still spending 30 minutes on survivals only to be rewarded with one mutagen mass vs the three detonatite injectors / fieldron we get from invasions? Could we just get 3 mutagen mass from all invasions regarding those rewards, too, please? I think it is a long overdue.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, MulticolourkomodoDragon said:

Okay so it's been a few years and while I don't really need anything for any of these anymore because I an thoroughly stocked.. plenty of other people still need those. Why are we still spending 30 minutes on survivals only to be rewarded with one mutagen mass vs the three detonatite injectors / fieldron we get from invasions? Could we just get 3 mutagen mass from all invasions regarding those rewards, too, please? I think it is a long overdue.

Well Mutagen Mass are rarer than the other two resources. All DE needs to do is set Mutagen Mass in invasions at set intervals if they think giving a rarer resource is too easy.

You can get/farm mutagen mass fairly easily from Orb Vallis bounties (Tier 4 = Lvl 30-50, rotation C):

Stage 1 reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 29% + Bonus reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 29%

Stage 2 & 3 reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 22% + Bonus reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 22%

Stage 4 (if 5 stages total)reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 20% +  Bonus reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 20%

So if you do one bounty and manage to get the bonuses (not hard) and have "total luck" you would get 16 Mutagen Mass.

From a more realistic viewpoint the chance to get at least one drop (2X Mutagen Mass) from one run (managing to get all the bonus drops) is 88%. That is quite ok. Just make sure it is rotation C (rotation A drops Fieldrons, rotation B drops Detonite Injectors).

Edited by Graavarg
1 minute ago, Graavarg said:

You can get/farm mutagen mass fairly easily from Orb Vallis bounties (Tier 4 = Lvl 30-50, rotation C):

Stage 1 reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 29% + Bonus reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 29%

Stage 2 & 3 reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 22% + Bonus reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 22%

Stage 4 (if 5 stages total)reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 20% +  Bonus reward: 2X Mutagen Mass 20%

So if you do one bounty and manage to get the bonuses (not hard) and have "total luck" you would get 16 Mutagen Mass.

From a more realistic viewpoint the chance to get at least one drop (2X Mutagen Mass) from one run (managing to get all the bonus drops) is 88%. That is quite ok. Just make sure it is rotation C (rotation A drops Fieldrons, rotation B drops Detonit Injectors).

Okay but is that any reason to NOT make Invasions a valid way to get that stuff? It's actually a 100% drop from a fairly short mission, and we HAVE fieldron + detonite invasions for it. There's like, no reason to keep it as it is.

18 minutes ago, MulticolourkomodoDragon said:

Okay but is that any reason to NOT make Invasions a valid way to get that stuff? It's actually a 100% drop from a fairly short mission, and we HAVE fieldron + detonite invasions for it. There's like, no reason to keep it as it is.

Mutagen Mass is considered a more rare resource than Fieldrons or Detonite Injectors = amounts you get from Invasions is lower. Though this is probably based on a defunct resource economy (including farming Mutagen Samples etc. and using the recipe to build Mutagen Mass). Fieldron Samples and Detonite Ampules drop on a lot of planets, but Mutagen Samples drops only on Deimos & Eris (and is a rare drop on Eris, if I remember correctly).  You need around 100 Mutagen Mass to build "everything" (and around 150 Fieldrons and 80 Detonite Injectors, respectively), so that part doesn't really explain anything, only the component drop rates do.

So that is (probably) the explanation, but you do have a point concerning the drops in the current game environment.

Edited by Graavarg

Regardless on whether or not it's a rare resource, I just think it's kinda BS that we spend about 30 minutes or something doing 10 minute survivals worst case, only to get 1 mutagen mass vs the 5 or so we actually need. Also yeah, considering the fact at how rare mutagen samples are (And the fact they never properly buffed mutagen drop rate, lmao Hema) and that there's really only one place where you ca nactually get them.. ugh, god I hate mutagen samples.