Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

[PC] Deimos: Arcana Coming This Week!

1) Very pleased to see a new nunchaku-type weapon coming in this update.  Would it be possible to include a new melee weapon based upon the 3-section staff (a traditional martial arts weapon) in a future update?

2) Extremely unhappy that no mention of easier/more reliable methods of acquiring the following: a) complete set of both Necramech mods & Necramech damaged weapon parts; b) Scintillant;  As you know, the current system of acquiring Necramech mods & Scintillant is completely unsatisfactory.  In my opinion, they should all be purchasable from vendors with standing.

3) Quite unhappy that no mention of an improved (faster) method for leveling up Necramechs - for example: being able to use them in (Elite) Sanctuary Onslaught.

Edited by GkarB5
punctuation error
  • Like 5
vor 14 Minuten schrieb ReaverKane:

Hope you had time to work on the Bonewidow....

Same here! The Bonewidow Necramech has a lot of... "potential" next to its great design. Let's hope & see how it turns out. (Because during the Test Cluster my experience using all the abilities was....well...special... 😅)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

I mean she worked. She could indeed hit stuff with a sword, and block stuff with a shield.

Apart from that, Bonewidow does not function as well as Voidrig:

• (1) Impale

I was surprised that it affected enemies that are immune to ragdolling (i.e Eidolon Lures), but offensively it does little to help Bonewidow other than chucking enemies into pits like Grendel.

• (2) Shield

I heard it works, but no one tried the Shield Bash in a video due to how awful the Kallim was.

• (3) Laser Walls

Same effective range as the Gravemines of Voidrig, but no other benefits. To be blunt, it's worthless.

• (4) Kallim

Aside from the poor test cluster stats, it has an awkward animation where enemies too close to Bonewidow will actually evade the swings. Archmelee mods are awful too.

• Like 7
Just now, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

What about void?

SOme changes showcased almost 2 months ago: 

The first iteration is live since long ago (void doesn't have any resistance now, only armor can dimish the damage now), but we are missing the bubble fix wich prevents landing headshots and have other nasty effects rather than helpful ones, like sentients not recieving damage because in theirs stomach the abosrb damage... And that's where it goes the proyectile if they have a bubble.

• Like 1
Just now, GkarB5 said:

1) Very pleased to see a new nunchaku-type weapon coming in this update.  Would it be possible to include a new melee weapon based upon the 3-section staff (a traditional martial arts weapon) in a future update.

2) Extremely unhappy that no mention of easier/more reliable methods of acquiring the following: a) complete set of both Necramech mods & Necramech damaged weapon parts; b) Scintillant;  As you know, the current system of acquiring Necramech mods & Scintillant is completely unsatisfactory.  In my opinion, they should all be purchasable from vendors with standing.

3) Quite unhappy that no mention of an improved (faster) method for leveling up Necramechs - for example: being able to use them in (Elite) Sanctuary Onslaught.

1) And they're quite strong especially for the current meta.
2) a)They will be one of the rewards in the new bounties.  b) from my experience, they've been spawning scintilant everytime you return to the bounty.
3) Well, higher tier bounties should work.

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Ty for that, but dang, Mutalist Cernos need regular Cernos

Yeah, and i think i sold my mutualist one years ago... So start from scratch when i get that BP...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Duality52 said:
  • (1) Impale

I was surprised that it affected enemies that are immune to ragdolling (i.e Eidolon Lures), but offensively it does little to help Bonewidow other than chucking enemies into pits like Grendel.

It'd be fine as a meme ability if the rest of her kit was any good.

But like

If.

1 minute ago, Duality52 said:
  • (2) Shield

I heard it works, but no one tried the Shield Bash in a video due to how awful the Kallim was.

There was a shield bash?

See, this is the other main complaint. There was no explanation on how that thing worked. I 'm fairly sure I survived better with it than without, but to what regard, I cannot say.

3 minutes ago, Duality52 said:
  • (3) Laser Walls

Same effective range as the Gravemines of Voidrig, but no other benefits. To be blunt, it's worthless.

It could be useful if it wasn't 75 energy.

Like I'm all for a cost/benefit analysis here DE but what circumstances is pushing enemies vaguely ahead of you worth 75 energy? This isn't a Warframe either, energy is precious on a Necramech. That's a 25 energy power, at most.

3 minutes ago, Duality52 said:
  •  

Aside from the poor test cluster stats, it has an awkward animation where enemies too close to Bonewidow will actually evade the swings. Archmelee mods are awful too.

Also true. I'd have appreciated at the very least two sets of animations to better hit stuff with. 

In general, the sword should probably be pretty damn powerful, considering it's competing with artillery.

à l’instant, [DE]Helen a dit :

NEW NECRAMECH: BONEWIDOW

Introducing Bonewidow, a robust front-line Necramech that favors armor and health over shield strength. Impale and hurl enemies from the battlefield, or fight them up-close with an exalted warblade and heavy shield

Yaaaaaaaaaaay a new useless necramech, because there is no content to use they :DDDDD
also, for what i saw on the test build, necramech melee weapon is worst than using your very own hands to punch someone, there is no utility on his exalted blade.

Btw, some content for Railjack, like, new railjacks, modular railjacks, new maps, new planets, something to make you want to do RJ is going to be nice, pls, do not let RJ die, do not let warframe became monotonous like, "farm weapons and rush maestry" that is the game right now, im on MR 20 and im beginning to let warframe aside because there is no good contents anymore.

Im very excited for deimos arcana, but please, focus on new contents and not only on "new weapons and warframes only useful for MR".

• Like 4

There was a shield bash?

Only Available with #4 active, you use it with left click. That was actually explained in the beta forums.

It could be useful if it wasn't 75 energy.

Like I'm all for a cost/benefit analysis here DE but what circumstances is pushing enemies vaguely ahead of you worth 75 energy? This isn't a Warframe either, energy is precious on a Necramech. That's a 25 energy power, at most.

And it also costs energy to turn off, which is not great, and running out of energy when using the shield tended to cause issues.

In general, the sword should probably be pretty damn powerful, considering it's competing with artillery.

Yep.

à l’instant, wallysonbf a dit :

Yaaaaaaaaaaay a new useless necramech, because there is no content to use they :DDDDD
also, for what i saw on the test build, necramech melee weapon is worst than using your very own hands to punch someone, there is no utility on his exalted blade.

Btw, some content for Railjack, like, new railjacks, modular railjacks, new maps, new planets, something to make you want to do RJ is going to be nice, pls, do not let RJ die, do not let warframe became monotonous like, "farm weapons and rush maestry" that is the game right now, im on MR 20 and im beginning to let warframe aside because there is no good contents anymore.

Im very excited for deimos arcana, but please, focus on new contents and not only on "new weapons and warframes only useful for MR".

Soon tm with the kuva lich system too. you are gonna use RJ to kill lichs.

The weapons sounds very interesting. However they sounds... silly. I don't know - maybe it's my mother language that makes me think that way. Nevertheless I'm waiting to get them.

Sadly no Xaku/Void changes. Well... maybe there will change something more.

6 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Ty for that, but dang, Mutalist Cernos need regular Cernos

It's 12 hours each... if it's easy to get I don't mind waiting.
And seeing how it works... it might be worth the waiting.

18 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

SOme changes showcased almost 2 months ago: 

The first iteration is live since long ago (void doesn't have any resistance now, only armor can dimish the damage now), but we are missing the bubble fix wich prevents landing headshots and have other nasty effects rather than helpful ones, like sentients not recieving damage because in theirs stomach the abosrb damage... And that's where it goes the proyectile if they have a bubble.

Xaku changes were included on test center. I don't see why they wouldn't be on live.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Myscho said:
5 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yeah, bought Cernos and Mutalist Cernos BPs few minutes ago and start crafting Cernos

I've just upgraded Primed continuity and get ~~37k now I have ~2k credits left. 🤣 At least that's credits (easy to get).

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

In  general, the sword should probably be pretty damn powerful, considering it's competing with artillery.

Kallim should has 50% Crit and Status so it can compete with the arquebex. Heck maybe increase it further to maybe 100% because arquebex can kill enemies quicker and have better range. Plus, Arch melee mods suck.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1
Just now, DrivaMain said:

Kallim should have has 50% Crit and Status so it can compete with the arquebex. Heck maybe increase it further to maybe 100% because arquebex can kill enemies quicker and have better range. Plus, Arch melee mods suck.

Or at the very least like 10x the damage value that was on test center. Kallim, on test center, was aweful.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Kallim should have has 50% Crit and Status so it can compete with the arquebex. Heck maybe increase it further to maybe 100% because arquebex can kill enemies quicker and have better range. Plus, Arch melee mods suck.

Agreed. I mean, it doesn't make sense for an artillery to do less damage than a sword, but mechanically, the range on it gives it more utility despite the need to be stationary, so letting the sword hit like... well, hit like a giant sword is only reasonable. Especially since Necramechs are slower.

• Like 1