[PC] Deimos: Arcana Coming This Week!

17 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

1) And they're quite strong especially for the current meta.
2) a)They will be one of the rewards in the new bounties.  b) from my experience, they've been spawning scintilant everytime you return to the bounty.
3) Well, higher tier bounties should work.

Yeah, and i think i sold my mutualist one years ago... So start from scratch when i get that BP...

Thank you very much for replying to my questions!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Leqesai said:

2:

Necramech mods should be easier to get. 

Tier 1 vaults have a 30% drop chance off the necramech

Tier 2 vaults are a 15% drop off the two mechs

Tier 3 vaults are a 10% drop off the three mechs

3:

Scott's twitter recently showed necramechs being used in regular missions. This functionality is likely on the horizion but was not included in test for arcana

Thank you very much for answering most of my questions.

Question: In order for my warframe to get those Necramech mods that drop off the enemy mechs - would my warframe have to be very near that particular enemy mech (that has dropped a mod) in order to get it?  I'm asking because I'm usually the last player to get to the enemy mechs in the current Isolation Vault bounties & I've never gotten a Necramech mod from them.

7 minutes ago, Wawus said:

Gear is disabled for ESO, so I wouldn't count on that.

Yes, I'm painfully aware of this fact.  I'm all in favor of DE either changing the current version of ESO/SO to allow us to access our Gear Wheel or create an alternate version of ESO/SO that only takes place on open world maps & would allow us to only summon our Necramechs.

Edited by GkarB5
clarification
19 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

That’s... quick. I hope you managed to process the feedback from the test server. Bonewidow, New Chroma Spectral Scream,  Nekros Soul Punch changes, Deimos Arcanes seems pretty underwhelming.

When I played World of Warships and played there test server, the actual update took about two weeks after we finished to be posted, I'm very concerned about getting this update this soon, it makes me think, 1) That either they are superheroes and were able to do all the changes suggested in such a short amount of time, or 2) they ignored all the feedback and decided to put the update out anyway with the thought that whatever is broken they will fix later.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GkarB5 said:

Thank you very much for answering most of my questions.

Question: In order for my warframe to get those Necramech mods that drop off the enemy mechs - would my warframe have to be very near that particular enemy mech (that has dropped a mod) in order to get it?  I'm asking because I'm usually the last player to get to the enemy mechs in the current Isolation Vault bounties & I've never gotten a Necramech mod from them.

Yeah its a drop, so you need to be close enough for vacuum/fetch to grab it. And if you don't have those, what are you doing to yourself man? ^_^

Its not unusual for you to not have seen one drop. I've soloed a few mechs, and farmed enough to get my own mech parts, and honestly, i think i dropped one mod?

1 hour ago, GkarB5 said:

I'd like to be able to summon Necramechs in (Elite) Sanctuary Onslaught & Arbitration missions too.

People have mentioned Scott showing necramechs in normal tilesets, so it might be possible in arbitrations. In SO/ESO it won't be possible, for the same reason you can't do archguns, they require the gear wheel, which is disabled in that content

1 hour ago, GkarB5 said:

Yes, I'm painfully aware of this fact.  I'm all in favor of DE either changing the current version of ESO/SO to allow us to access our Gear Wheel or create an alternate version of ESO/SO that only takes place on open world maps & would allow us to only summon our Necramechs.

I wouldn't count on that happening. They're very distinct contents. You'll have Hydron, which is almost as good (if/when they allow necramechs on regular tilesets).

15 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

When I played World of Warships and played there test server, the actual update took about two weeks after we finished to be posted, I'm very concerned about getting this update this soon, it makes me think, 1) That either they are superheroes and were able to do all the changes suggested in such a short amount of time, or 2) they ignored all the feedback and decided to put the update out anyway with the thought that whatever is broken they will fix later.

I'm afraid its more likely 3) They ignored a lot of the feedback, and worked their butts off changing what could be changed in short notice. Because lets face it, for example, the Bone widow feedback can be summarized to "scrap it, go back to the drawing board", and honestly, that's what it needs. But that is likely not going to sit well with whoever was designing it. And personal pride, deadlines, etc will get in the way of doing it right.
Because, on paper the skills are cool. Impaling enemies, and then tossing them, that's pretty cool (when you can hit the enemy in the first place, and still have enough energy to throw it), but the necromancers literally come with some of the best ranged weapons in the game. Suddenly tossing an enemy at others loses importance. Same with the "line them up" skill... Looks cool, its an interesting form of cc, but it simply doesn't work for the current use of the necramech, that makes sense in the normal tilesets where enemies will be somewhat close by. But on open world? Where the most eminent threats are usually at max range? The mech needed either a proper defense skill (shield is kinda wonky) or a regen skill, for it to work as a melee. It got neither.

20 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Impaling enemies, and then tossing them, that's pretty cool (when you can hit the enemy in the first place, and still have enough energy to throw it)

If it were normal melee functionality then it would be interesting.

I guess when it comes right down to it it's mote point since the update is going out probably today or has already been done (was catching up on Star Trek Discovery) and to be honest all I'm looking forward to in this update is the new bow, so I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

24 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

I guess when it comes right down to it it's mote point since the update is going out probably today or has already been done (was catching up on Star Trek Discovery) and to be honest all I'm looking forward to in this update is the new bow, so I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

The bow is cool, but the nunchucks and beam pistol are awesome and the sniper is so much fun as well!

11 minutes ago, Dreadlox said:

Yaaaayy, we get another broken update for 3 month untouched. I'm playing this game for 7 years, invested lots of time and value, but its getting tired for not listening to the playerbase. 

9553405acoj11.png

Well, it was never bugs, or broken update...
They did listen to most of the feedback. But like i expected, they just tuned up things instead of bringing them back to the drawing board.
So basically the bonewidow got buffs, but the lack of use-cases for its skills is still there. But i guess with the new buffs, only 2/4 of the skills might suck, since they did seem to apparently make the shield useable, and they buffed the exalted sword. Lets just see if enough.

The new arcanes, if they stick to only what was shown on the new thread on the forums, although buffed, still suffer from the fundamental flaw of depending on the 20% chance of the kitgun arcane to trigger the warframe arcane, which means it will be useless 80% of the time.

They didn't say much about kitguns, so i'm guessing they'll still be underwhelming...

So basically, although they DID listen and act on our feedback. The fundamental flaws of some of the upcoming content will remain, because, sadly, its hard for a developer to acknowledge that the ideas they brought forth were not good enough. And so we'll still have a mech that won't see the light of day, except to look cool, and arcanes that, while being the major reward on the new bounties will also drag that content down for their uselessness.

Edited by ReaverKane
57 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

You mean, as in part of the melee combo? That would be sick!

Yeah. Like Heavy attack to grab an enemy and another heavy throw it. Certain weapons could do something different. For example swords would just throw an enemy in front of you. Blade and whip (e.g. Mios) would make a "circle" with enemy and then throw it.

17 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

nunchucks

Nunchucks might look nice but they would be boring without any interesting feature. Even warfans have one.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yeah. Like Heavy attack to grab an enemy and another heavy throw it. Certain weapons could do something different. For example swords would just throw an enemy in front of you. Blade and whip (e.g. Mios) would make a "circle" with enemy and then throw it.

Nunchucks might look nice but they would be boring without any interesting feature. Even warfans have one.

1) You realize the sword and the grab are for the Necramech? Not a normal melee thing. But yeah, it would be fun if they had a stance that incorporated stuff like that.
2) Well, lets put it this way, most of the strongest melee weapons in the game don't need a gimmick to be strong. That's kind of the case, they're pretty fast (faster now), with good range, status and crit. They're perfect for the current CO+Blood Rush+Weeping Wounds melee meta.
I tested them only in the simulacrum, vs 170 enemies, and they tore through them at lvl 1, imagine after a forma or 2...

28 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

1) You realize the sword and the grab are for the Necramech? Not a normal melee thing.

yes

29 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

2) Well, lets put it this way, most of the strongest melee weapons in the game don't need a gimmick to be strong. That's kind of the case, they're pretty fast (faster now), with good range, status and crit. They're perfect for the current CO+Blood Rush+Weeping Wounds melee meta.
I tested them only in the simulacrum, vs 170 enemies, and they tore through them at lvl 1, imagine after a forma or 2...

In my opinion, lots of melees types are boring. They might be good but it's the same with "press 4 to kill" kind of thing.
Gimmicks (like the Vitrica's glassy thing) make it more interesting.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, quxier said:

yes

In my opinion, lots of melees types are boring. They might be good but it's the same with "press 4 to kill" kind of thing.
Gimmicks (like the Vitrica's glassy thing) make it more interesting.

Won't argue with that, but sometimes simple is better ^_^

3 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

I'm afraid its more likely 3) They ignored a lot of the feedback, and worked their butts off changing what could be changed in short notice. 

Guys, you are all assuming that the fixes started AFTER the test server phase, and that this in turn would infer "some small hasty fixes" (because there wouldn't be time for anything else). In my experience that is not how software development works, it's not a 100% linear process.

I also think you are giving yourself a bit too big shoes. I am very sure that all feedback is both valuable and very welcome to DE, but I find it hard to believe that a final deployed build would be dependent on a testing phase performed by "randoms from the internet".

It is much more likely that a build was put on the test server as more of a extra bug hunt (more eyes find more bugs, right), and maybe even as a grateful nod to a very dedicated playerbase (DE is one of the nice ones, after all). While the work & progress on the final deployable build was going on elsewhere. So chill, soon we will know.

Was hoping it would drop tonight, but if so it would probably be in about 20 minutes. Haven't seen any message about Steve being online though (that is nowadays a pretty "sure sign" 🤪).

Just now, Graavarg said:

Guys, you are all assuming that the fixes started AFTER the test server phase, and that this in turn would infer "some small hasty fixes" (because there wouldn't be time for anything else). In my experience that is not how software development works, it's not a 100% linear process.

I also think you are giving yourself a bit too big shoes. I am very sure that all feedback is both valuable and very welcome to DE, but I find it hard to believe that a final deployed build would be dependent on a testing phase performed by "randoms from the internet".

It is much more likely that a build was put on the test server as more of a extra bug hunt (more eyes find more bugs, right), and maybe even as a grateful nod to a very dedicated playerbase (DE is one of the nice ones, after all). While the work & progress on the final deployable build was going on elsewhere. So chill, soon we will know.

Was hoping it would drop tonight, but if so it would probably be in about 20 minutes. Haven't seen any message about Steve being online though (that is nowadays a pretty "sure sign" 🤪).

Well, first, its not randoms from the internet.

Second, they did change things in accordance to the feedback.

Third, are you saying that DE are so dumb that they'd spend time and resources creating the public test environment and then disregard that feedback?

• Like 1