Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandascore: Mandachord loop viewer and editor

Buff00n

Question

JH4CkW5.png

I built this app mainly to provide an easier way to let people copy songs from my stupidly big Mandachord library:
But it's also a full featured editor, letting you try out instruments, build Mandachord loops, and share them with links, song codes, or generate images.

At some point I'm going to try to add my Mandachord library to the app itself, but for now there's a direct link under each of my videos.
My full library is now part of the app.

Demo video:
Spoiler

Leave feedback here or in git: https://github.com/buff0000n/mandascore/issues/2

Bug reports: https://github.com/buff0000n/mandascore/issues/new

Updates:

Spoiler

v1.0.3: 2020-12-27:

• Fixed the volume encoding (thanks HZDeluxe)

Update v2.0.0: 2021-02-03:

• I added a playlist function to Mandascore for no reason

Update 2.1.0: 2021-02-15

• Added my entire mandachord song library and a search function to the Mandascore app. 

Update 2.2.0: 2020-02-23

• Added the Bombast instrument set.  This was actually pretty complicated.  Bombast is the first instrument set that's monophonic: only one melody note will play at a time.  The bass does the same thing but it's less noticeable.

Update 2.2.1: 2020-03-05

• Added color coded tag displays to the library list for filled, sparse, perfect, multiple shots, and instrument sets.

Update 2.3.0: 2020-03-11

• Oh man there's a full per-track mixer on this thing now.

v2.3.4: 2021-03-19

• Re-recording Bombast for melody sound change on the low D, also adding support for multiple samples for each sound, like it does in-game, and re-recording Bombast and Adau in full. I'll do the other instrument sets at some point.

v2.3.4: 2021-05-16

• Fixed an issue with changing an instrument set too quickly

v3.0: 2021-08-11

• You can now click and drag the playback cursor. What a country.

v3.0.1: 2021-08-31

• Revamped copy/paste so you can use it between loops in a playlist, that was bugging the hell outta me

v3.1: 2021-10-19

• Reworked the playlist editor to support moving entries by dragging, and also undo.
  • Added whole song copy/paste options.
  • Added autosave to the browser URL, why did that take me so long

v3.5: 2021-11-02

• Switched most icons to buttons.
  • Multi-select support in the playlist editor for moving and copying.
  • Added button for reverse song search because why not

v3.5.2: 2021-11-06

• Copying a melody or bass and shift-clicking on the paste button will let you copy a melody to a bass and vice-versa.
  • Shift-clicking on a playlist entry will highlight the block.

v3.6.0: 2022-01-31

• Added ability to export the song/playlist to a WAV file.  Not completely supported by all browsers.

v3.7: 2022-07-29

• Added song count in the library section
  • Switched Delta melody, Delta Bass, and Epsilon Bass to monophonic, which has apparently always been the case. How did I not notice this until now? (Thanks Tylian)

6 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Nope. 

You used to be able to take a mandachord "song code" and past it back into chat and get a link back, but that hasn't worked in a couple of years.

Is it me or does Octavia Prime's mandachord seem larger? I borrowed your Chocobo theme for Octavia and it was so funny grabbing Nocturne whilst grooving to it heh but it looked on Octavia Prime as if the notes had been spread wider apart... Just curious if it is or I am seeing things :P

9 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Is it me or does Octavia Prime's mandachord seem larger? I borrowed your Chocobo theme for Octavia and it was so funny grabbing Nocturne whilst grooving to it heh but it looked on Octavia Prime as if the notes had been spread wider apart... Just curious if it is or I am seeing things :P

I think you're seeing things.  There have been a few subtle changes to the Mandachord UI over the years, but it's the same screen on both Octavia and Octavia prime.

v2.3.4: 2021-03-19

• Re-recording Bombast for melody sound change on the low D, also adding support for multiple samples for each sound, like it does in-game, and re-recording Bombast and Adau in full. I'll do the other instrument sets at some point.

17 minutes ago, Charlesmander said:

Is there a way to copy songs from mandascore into the game easier? So I need to copy note by note? 

Nope. 

You used to be able to take a mandachord "song code" and past it back into chat and get a link back, but that hasn't worked in a couple of years.

Literally made WAV file generation, like, a hundred times faster with this one weird trick.

sPE4j9O.gif

As a software developer by I'm actually pretty annoyed with all major browsers.  Every one of them implements OfflineAudioContext in the dumbest way possible.  You add a bunch of audio events to play at certain times, and for every sample it renders, OfflineAudioContext is clearly checking every single event to see if it's started yet.  It starts off slow as balls, and then gets faster towards the end when more audio events are finished. 

What gets me is the fact that Chrome, Firefox, and Safari all do the exact same stupid thing.  I mean, a basic Priority Queue is sophomore-level computer science, people.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

v3.7: 2022-07-29

• Added song count in the library section
  • Switched Delta melody, Delta Bass, and Epsilon Bass to monophonic, which has apparently always been the case. How did I not notice this until now? (Thanks Tylian)

6 hours ago, Charlesmander said:

Is there a way to copy songs from mandascore into the game easier? So I need to copy note by note? 

tbf buff's site is super handy as the older method they had to use was YouTube uploads that, if you weren't pausing each turn of the mandachord- was easy to miss notes. This way we can easily see how each segment is populated and thus a more accurate copy of the posted version :)

Update 2.2.1: 2020-03-05

• Added color coded tag displays to the library list for filled, sparse, perfect, multiple shots, and instrument sets.

I also coded up a tag pass through my library and fixed quite a few tags.  They're not fixed in the thread, yet, though.

9 minutes ago, CallumL23 said:

Is there a way you can filter down the results to show songs that only use one "pack"?

Yeah, just enter the name of the pack in the search bar

edit: It's not perfect, like if you search for 'gamma' it will show songs using only the Gamma pack and songs that have "gamma" in the title.

Update 2.2.0: 2020-02-23

Added the Bombast instrument set.  This was actually pretty complicated.  Bombast is the first instrument set that's monophonic: only one melody note will play at a time.  The bass does the same thing but it's less noticeable.

Update 2.1.0: 2021-02-15

Over the weekend I added my entire mandachord song library and a search function to the Mandascore app.  I'm curious how well it works on various browsers/devices.

I'll have a video up about it as soon as I'm not in the middle of a winter apocalypse.

Archived